+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Guitars

Guitars

I want to get a guitar for a christmas gift but one small problem, i am not a big music person. Can anyone give me some advice on what kind of guitar to buy. I was thinking about First Act guitars, any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Toby, My husband is a guitar salesmen. He could totally help you out no problem. Not try to sell you anything of course, but he can give good advice? If you want to PM me I can give you his work AIM and you can shoot him a message, or email him at work.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

oh thanks for the help, I have a good friend who it turns out he used to play the guitar so he helped me out. I am curious though, what kind of guitars does your dh play and sell? What brand is his favorite?

Benjamin Franklin.

He's more of a dummer by trade. But I think in genneral he likes Schecter.
    I know no one here is very fond of Fender at all *bleck*

Oh a drummer, that is really cool. I dont have one ounce of musical talent in me. I was kicked out of choir when i was in school, LOL. Well hadnt heard much about Fenders. I am going to look at First Acts and see what they have to offer. Luckily my friend is going to come with me and can help me pick out a good guitar. Have a great weekend!

Benjamin Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;2168917;
    I know no one here is very fond of Fender at all *bleck*
    Really? I played a Strat just the other day and loved it. Or maybe my perception is askew because I've seen Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, David Gilmour, Syd Barrett, Jeff Beck, Eddie Hazel, and a bunch of other people I like using Fenders.

Toby, my first guitar was a "stage pack" by Peavy that included the amp and all that in one package. It's very affordable and good quality for starting out. I'm not a fan at all of First Act--they're really cheap, but, unfortunately, that is a reflection on the quality as well as the price.

Of course--what type are you thinking of getting? Acoustic or electric? That can make a big difference right there. Definitely don't get a First Act acoustic.
    Last edited by Mantenna; 12-12-2006 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Good Lord, I spelled Syd's name wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna;2175069;
    Really? I played a Strat just the other day and loved it. Or maybe my perception is askew because I've seen Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, David Gilmour, Syd Barret, Jeff Beck, Eddie Hazel, and a bunch of other people I like using Fenders.

Toby, my first guitar was a "stage pack" by Peavy that included the amp and all that in one package. It's very affordable and good quality for starting out. I'm not a fan at all of First Act--they're really cheap, but, unfortunately, that is a reflection on the quality as well as the price.

Of course--what type are you thinking of getting? Acoustic or electric? That can make a big difference right there. Definitely don't get a First Act acoustic.
    So if i get an electric First Act i will be ok? I have seen some First Acts that are pretty pricey, i would think the more expensive ones are nice. But you got a Peavy? I will look into those. I just want an affordable nice guitar. Thanks for your help Mantenna. BTW, i am glad you commented about Fender, that was a guitar name i had actually heard of before, LOL

Benjamin Franklin.

well, I will admit that our perceptions of the Fender product are greatly clouded by our day to day dealings with the Fender company Oh the stories I could tell about their ugly business practices and even uglier "customer service"

My son is the lead guitarist in a band, and has 2 Fenders and a custom made guitar. He has always been really happy with the Fender.

+ Reply to Thread