+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wicked CD

Wicked CD

Does anyone have the Wicked CD? I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to showtunes. Especially Wicked! What's your favorite song? Mine's probably Defying Gravity. It's so powerful. It sends a chill down my spine.
    You've heard of theater in the round? Well, you're looking at the man who invented theater in the square! Nobody had a good seat!"

-The Producers

I love love love love love love Wicked. Saw the play when it was in my area. Will see it again! That CD is on my santa list for sure!

I haven't seen it yet, actually. I'm seeing it in Feb. and I can't wait!
    You've heard of theater in the round? Well, you're looking at the man who invented theater in the square! Nobody had a good seat!"

-The Producers

Definitely Defying Gravity or Popular (how can you not love how Kristin Chenoweth pronounces popular? )

Sweetman.... you will absolutely love it! It's an adorable production. Not my favorite, but highly, highly enjoyable!

If you're a fan of Broadway soundtracks before you've ever seen a show.... pick up "Aida." I bought that CD before I ever caught the show on Broadway (three times) and loved it even before I could relate the songs to a scene. It's still one of my favorite CDs.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

K, I"ll definatley consider that. I've only seen Harispray and Chicago. I thought Hairspray was better, but that's just because I love comidies. I also like the Gypsy and WEst Side Story soundtracks. Those are the best!

-The Producers

I've never listened to Gypsy... but I agree that West Side Story is wonderful.

Les Miz, Aida, Rent, and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat are the soundtracks that I pop in most often. I'm a Broadway freak (hence the name..heh) so I'm right there with you as a showtune geek.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I was lucky enough to get to see Wicked while Idina Menzel was still there and I have the cd.

I'm Not That Girl is my favorite track.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Broadway geeks unite!

-The Producers

+ Reply to Thread