+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson Comeback! NOT!

Michael Jackson Comeback! NOT!

So much for Michael's so-called "comeback".

http://people.aol.com/people/article...560113,00.html
    Michael Jackson Disappoints in Stage Return

THURSDAY NOVEMBER 16, 2006 09:20AM EST

By Monique Jessen

Michael Jackson made his long-awaited live stage comeback Wednesday night in London at the World Music Awards.

His fans were left, at the very least, disappointed. And the press reports were scathing.

"Jackson the flop," reads the Daily Mail's online headline Thursday. Of his performance – Jackson's first since he was cleared of child-molestation charges last year – the paper said, "It was enough to make you cry. And not in a good way."

An "embarrassing comeback" said the Mirror, making note that Jackson only sang four lines during his performance. And, in its review, the Sun gave Jackson one out of a possible five stars.

After an hour of the crowd's waiting and anticipating, Jackson, 48, finally came on stage to accept the Diamond Award from Beyonce, who said: "If it wasn't for Michael Jackson, I would have never, ever performed. He has made such an impact on my life and every performer's life. Michael Jackson, I love you!"

Driven to the stage in a blacked-out Mercedes surrounded by more than 20 security guards, Jackson grasped the award but had to wait for the crowd's screams to die down before he could be heard.

"There have been so many who have loved me and stood by me throughout my 42 years I have been part of this business," he said. "I would like to thank my wonderful children, Paris, Prince, and Blanket, for their unconditional love and support."

Jackson then disappeared off stage, leaving R&B star Chris Brown to perform his version of "Thriller," backed by a dozen zombie dancers.

It was past 10:30 p.m. by the time Jackson finally performed his few lines, of "We Are The World," backed by a group of young children. Observers noted he failed to hit some of the higher notes.

Throwing his sparkly Roberto Cavalli jacket into the crowd did cause a sensation – as well as a gasp from the designer himself, who was dancing with Paris Hilton and Jade Jagger in the VIP area. Also attending: Nelly Furtado, Andrea Bocelli, Katie Melua, Tommy Hilfiger, Rihanna, Rachel Hunter and Eva Herzigova.

Lindsay Lohan who hosted the show, told PEOPLE before Jackson's appearance: "It's been a long night but I'm very excited, the 'Thriller' costumes are amazing." The actress had a rough time of it with the crowd, too. She was booed twice for flubbing her lines.
    Or here's an even more harsh view (People prettied their's up):

http://people.monstersandcritics.com...ackson_Stinker
    Michael Jackson: 'Stinker'
    Nov 16, 2006, 12:10 GMT

Michael Jackson was booed off stage following his pop comeback at the World Music Awards last night (15.11.06).

The eccentric singer, who seemed to be suffering from stage fright, struggled to hit the high notes and looked uncomfortable throughout his performance of 'We Are The World'.

The singer only delivered a handful of lines before being booed off stage.

Jackson was accompanied by a children's gospel choir who sang most of the song before the 48-year-old even made it onstage.

When he did eventually appear, his loyal fans - some of whom had paid £500 to see him for the first time in the UK in almost a decade - were left disappointed as Jackson managed to only sing a few lines of the chorus, instead preferring to wave to the crowd and shout "I love you!"

One fan said: "It was such an anti-climax. All night the crowd were cheering his named and we waited for ages before he finally came on stage to sing.

"The choir sang the whole song, I could only hear him mumble a few lines. He looked lost and didn't even attempt to try and dance. Everyone thought he would sing 'Thriller'. So much for the return of the King of Pop, it was embarrassing."

Jackson, dressed in his trademark black, threw his sequin jacket into the crowd, posed with the choir and left the stage - after only four minutes.

Fans had been expecting Jackson to perform his seminal hit 'Thriller', but that was performed earlier in the night by new US star Chris Brown.

Brown - dressed in a tribute red and black leather jacket - was joined by a troop of 'zombie' dancers.

Jackson was given the Diamond Award which honours artists who have sold more than 100 million records.

Introducing Jackson to the stage, Beyoncé Knowles gushed: "Tonight we are celebrating 25 years of 'Thriller'," referring to his hit album. If it wasn't for Michael Jackson I would never have ever performed. I love you, we all love you."

As Jackson accepted the award, he thanked his fans and family for remaining loyal.

He said: "I am greatly humbled by this award. It was my dream that 'Thriller' would be the biggest-selling album ever and God has answered my prayers.

"So many people have loved me and stood by me. I thank my children for their unconditional support and love. I also thank my mom and dad, my brothers and my sisters. I love all my fans from the bottom of my heart."

Jackson's appearance at London's Earl Court had sparked a frenzy among fans, with hundreds waiting outside the venue for hours hoping to catch a glimpse of their idol.

Winners on the night included, Madonna who was awarded World's Best Pop Artist, Nelly Furtado for World's Best Pop/Rock Artist and Beyoncé for World's Best R 'n' B Artist.

Performances by Beyoncé, Nelly Furtado and Andrea Bocelli were the highlights of the evening, and the ceremony was presented by Lindsay Lohan.
    Last edited by Krom; 11-16-2006 at 06:55 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Chakos::Linkletter::Epley breezez_air's Avatar
    I heard about this the next day at college. I really do believe that he should be put in an institute.
    I don't wanna get fat like you
    Don't even believe in the F Word...FAT
    ...Perhaps you meant PEE AYTCH AY TEE
    Yeah...I did
    - Stacy Ann and Whitney- ANTM 10

I heard about this on the news i cannot believe his back to sing again

Quote Originally Posted by salwita;2147262;
    I heard about this on the news i cannot believe his back to sing again
    As the incident revealed he's NOT back to sing again. Merely to have an excuse to stand on stage with little children all around him while OTHER people sing.

Can you believe they had to have an SUV drive him from his dressing room to the stage? About 30 feet? Good grief.

Now reportedly his latest spin control is that he will "make films" instead of returning to singing:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds39594.html

Michael Jackson decides to make films

Saturday, November 18 2006, 16:28 UTC - by Daniel Kilkelly
    Michael Jackson has decided to ditch his hopes of reviving his music career and concentrate on film-making.

The 48-year-old realised that it was time to leave pop behind after his performance of We Are The World at the World Music Awards on Wednesday was poorly received by the audience.

"He knows the WMAs didn't go well," a source told the Daily Star. "He's a pragmatic man and realises his musical comeback has every chance of being a disaster, so he's diversifying. He wants to produce pictures that can be watched by all ages."

Talking about a bad news. It's the worst i have heard so far

Going behind the scenes is probably his only hope to continue his career.
    He's been in the entertainment industry for years and probably has a wealth of experience to bring to a range of different projects, if he's able to reign-in his obvious narcissism and let someone else have the spotlight.
    He could extend his career by producing other artist's music and his elaborate videos over the years have shown an obvious interest in film-making.
    He needs to recognize that his days in front of the camera are over.
    He can't command the adoration he used to, doesn't have the talent he used to and hasn't been musically relevant for years.

FORT Fogey
    people are just too hard on the poor man.

FORT Regular
    i know, but still... he has done so much bad things for others to criticize them

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;2150583;
    people are just too hard on the poor man.
    The problem is that people were too easy on him for too long, allowing him to get away with some of the things he did. No, people aren't too hard on him, they're finally seeing him without blinders, and he doesn't stand up to scrutiny well.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Here's new "Weird News of Jackson"

Michael wants to build a 50 Robot version of himself, which shoots laser beams from the head, and let it roam around the desert outside of Las Vegas.

Yes. He actually does.

Michael Jackson Wants Vegas Show, Robot - Travel GetawaysNews Story - WRC | Washington

Michael Jackson Wants Vegas Show, Robot

POSTED: 12:11 pm EDT April 3, 2007
    Writing about Las Vegas is rarely boring, but sometimes things can get a bit staid. Sure, there's the occasional bit of wackiness that you'll only find in Sin City, and with the amount of money that flows through this place you're guaranteed to find at least something interesting to talk about. But it's a lot of the same things about hotels opening, shows closing and restaurants serving.

Then Michael Jackson moved to town.

As a part of the career rejuvenation he is seeking, Jackson is attempting to set up an extended run show like Celine Dion's at a Vegas hotel. It was leaked last week that if the show goes forward, Jackson wants to build a 50-foot robot version of himself that will walk around the desert outside of the city and emit laser beams from its head.

According to several reports, designs have been drawn up and Jackson is ready to go as soon as he can find a hotel showroom willing to host him.

So the question becomes this: Will it really happen?

Actually, the real question involves theories about just how crazy he is and whether or not someone like that should be allowed to have a giant laser-beam robot under his control, but I'll stick to more Vegas-centric questions.

The answer is -- much like many big things planned for Vegas -- probably not.

First of all, just about everyone in town quietly agrees that Jackson's bid to find a permanent show in Vegas is, at best, wishful thinking. While he certainly has fans and could undoubtedly put on a successful show for some period of time, the long-term viability of such a production is questionable. With the amount of money that would be required to stage the show, that makes the investment risky. Add in the PR nightmare that would face any hotel hosting the show and the much talked about, uh, idiosyncrasies of the star and that puts the entire deal squarely in the doubtful column.

But, hey -- this is Vegas, and anything could happen, so I'm not going to wager against it.

Meanwhile, the rumors that Jackson would launch a tour with an opening date at Luxor have been denied by everyone involved, mostly the Luxor, whose public statement on the rumor sounded almost desperate to disavow any association with the singer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast