Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kanye West makes fool of self at MTV Europe awards

Leo
    Premium Member

Kanye West makes fool of self at MTV Europe awards

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...C-RSSFeeds0312

Kanye West Upset at MTV Video Award Loss
    By JAN M. OLSEN

COPENHAGEN, Denmark Nov 3, 2006 (AP)— Rap star Kanye West was named Best Hip Hop artist, but still came off as a sore loser at the MTV Europe Music Awards.

West apparently was so disappointed at not winning for Best Video that he crashed the stage Thursday in Copenhagen when the award was being presented to Justice and Simian for "We Are Your Friends."

In a tirade riddled with expletives, West said he should have won the prize for his video "Touch The Sky," because it "cost a million dollars, Pamela Anderson was in it. I was jumping across canyons."

"If I don't win, the awards show loses credibility," West said.

The rapper grabbed the Best Hip Hop award earlier in the night in a star-studded event hosted by Justin Timberlake in the Danish capital.

West has a particular affinity for the "Touch The Sky" video. In an interview with The Associated Press in August, he expressed his displeasure that the clip, an elaborate Evel Knievel spoof, didn't get nominated for an MTV Video Music Award.

"It didn't get any nominations, but it's one of the most memorable videos of the year for me," he told AP.

It's also not the first time he's had a meltdown at an awards show. At the 2004 American Music Awards, West bitterly complained backstage that he was robbed when he didn't win a trophy.

A West publicist did not return an e-mail request for comment.

Elsewhere at the MTV awards, Timberlake won the Best Pop and Best Male awards while the Red Hot Chili Peppers won Best Album. Christina Aguilera was named Best Female artist at the annual awards show broadcast live in 17 countries.

British band Muse won the Best Alternative category, and Depeche Mode earned the Best Group award.

"Wow, guys, this is totally unexpected," said Rihanna as she received the Best R&B award. In September, the 18-year-old music star won the same category in the Music of Black Origin award in London.

The show was split between two venues: a convention hall on the city outskirts where Timberlake was in charge and an outdoor stage on Copenhagen's main square where R&B songstress Kelis introduced the artists.

Rapper Snoop Dogg, Australian band Jets and The Killers of Denmark had crowds jumping up and down in temperatures just above freezing at the outdoor venue.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers were nominated in four categories, but only won one for the album "Stadium Arcadium."

Best song went to Gnarls Barkley for "Crazy."

British comedian Sacha Baron Cohen entertained the audience with his English-mangling character Borat Sagdiyev, a Kazakh TV journalist, and poked fun at Madonna who is trying to adopt an African child.

"My only concern is that this singing transvestite will not be such a good father," Borat said in a mock video link from Kazakhstan.

Other award presenters included R&B singer Cassie, Daniel Craig the sixth actor to play agent James Bond Fat Joe, "Jackass" star Johnny Knoxville and the Sugababes.

MTV's European awards are held in a different city every year. The winners are selected by fans across Europe.

Sounds like a spoiled brat to me.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Kanye has one of the biggest egos in the industry. He once compared himself to Jesus. He always pouts after he loses an award.

Reality Fanatic
    This looks good on him. I'm surprised his ego could fit in the building.

In his Comedy Central show called The Mind of Mencia, Carlos Mencia shows a video piece he made that really blasts Kanye West's enormous ego. After this, I can only imagine how fast Carlos' mind is working, coming up with more ammo in his campaign to bring Kanye West down a few pegs, lol.

The pic that goes with that CNN news item is funny:

My favorite Kanye quote in the article:
    "I was jumping across canyons."
    Ohhhh, now I understand, Kanye.... jumping across canyons is better than walking on water, which explains why you said you should be in the Bible. Right. Yup. You should have been given an award, yup.

"Hello, Whitney? Kanye's on the phone for you, wants some tips on how to kill a career."

By the way... um, Kanye, you DO realize you didn't ACTUALLY jump across canyons irl, right?

I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Reality Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2129326;
    "Hello, Whitney? Kanye's on the phone for you, wants some tips on how to kill a career."
    Good one!!!!

CCL
    For the title of the thread alone...nice job, Leo.

I like some of Kanye's songs, but he does have an incredible ego. I feel for the ones who actually won the award, having to put up with their moment of glory being interrupted by a petulant "superstar."
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

This guy didn't have to go all the way to Europe to prove he's an idiot, he has done that time & time again right here in the good ol USA.

Chakos::Linkletter::Epley breezez_air's Avatar
    But those people winning was the biggest EMA joke of all time. You gotta admit.
    I don't wanna get fat like you
    Don't even believe in the F Word...FAT
    ...Perhaps you meant PEE AYTCH AY TEE
    Yeah...I did
    - Stacy Ann and Whitney- ANTM 10

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    This reminds me of when Evanescence (sp?) won an award and 50 Cent (who lost to them) went up during their acceptance speech to cause problems. Gees--get over yourselves, guys!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast