+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keith Urban enters rehab

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Keith Urban enters rehab

He's had a long hard battle with this...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061020/...th_urban_rehab

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Keith Urban has checked himself into a rehabilitation treatment center, less than four months after the Grammy-winning country singer's marriage to actress Nicole Kidman.

Urban released a statement Friday that said he entered rehab Thursday night with his wife by his side.

"I deeply regret the hurt this has caused Nicole and the ones that love and support me," Urban said in the statement.

Urban, who turns 39 on Oct. 26, has publicly acknowledged a former addiction to cocaine.

"One can never let one's guard down on recovery, and I'm afraid that I have. With the strength and unwavering support I am blessed to have from my wife, family and friends, I am determined and resolved to a positive outcome."

All immediate appearances for his forthcoming CD will be postponed. "Love, Pain, & the whole crazy thing" was set for release Nov. 7.

Kidman and Urban, who were both raised in Australia, married on June 25 in Sydney. They then moved to Nashville, where Urban records.

Urban won a Grammy this year for best male country vocal performance for "You'll Think of Me."

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Keith Urban has checked himself into a rehabilitation treatment center, less than four months after the Grammy-winning country singer's marriage to actress Nicole Kidman.
    That is one weird sentence...not the fact that Keith Urban is in rehab or that he's married to Nicole Kidman, but the way the sentence implies that he's in rehab because he's married to Nicole Kidman. Like he could only hack four months. Maybe Tom Cruise is writing these articles now that he's been booted from Paramount.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar
    I am a fan of Keith Urban's music. My prayers go out to him and his family during this difficult time.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2110447;
    Maybe Tom Cruise is writing these articles now that he's been booted from Paramount.

Seriously, I hope he gets better and is able to stay clean once he gets out, if not for his sake than for Nicole's. That woman deserves some happiness--and this must be very difficult for her to watch her husband go through this. Kudos to them both for taking the matter seriously and trying to deal with it before it gets out of hand.

I feel very sad for both of them. Addiction is difficult and probably more so when you are a public figure. I'm glad Keith went for help before something really ugly happened.

Nicole and her kids deserve better than living with coke addict.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

According to the news I've heard.. he's in for alcohol addiction this time, not coke. But either addiction is tough.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Premium Member
    That's too bad. I wish him and Nicole the best.

I don't think Keith expected the amount of media attention and the degree of hoopla that has followed his marriage to Nicole. I also suspect that she is pretty high maintenance. Her lifestyle has been very different from his and it must be quite an adjustment for him. They've also been separated a lot, what with her filming, etc. and his touring. Not positives for forging a strong bond during the early stages of marriage. Good for him to recognize the problem and do something about it ASAP and for her supporting him. I hope she attends Al Anon and learns how to cope with living with an alcoholic. Having an addictive personality like he apparently has, it is difficult to cope with normal problems that occur. With the type of problems he is bound to encounter being married to such a high profile personality like Nicole, I am not surprised he has succumbed to the numbing effects of alcohol. I like both of these two people, but I especially like Keith Urban. There is something very appealing about his sweet, earthiness wrapped in sexy masculinity with such a clear, lovely voice. I hope he gets his act together, that she stands by him and gives him lots of support, and that they both realize that for their marriage to survive, they have to get away from the public eye and give their love a chance to bloom - even if it means sacrifice - like a career perhaps.

And another shoe drops. Get well Keith, we want to see you back soon.

http://imdb.com/news/wenn/2006-10-24/

Urban Pulls Out of CMAs

Troubled country star Keith Urban has pulled out of a planned performance at the 40th annual Country Music Association (CMA) to allow himself more time to tackle his alcoholism. The singer, who is married to actress Nicole Kidman, checked himself into a rehab facility last week. Urban issued an official statement about his "relapse" to fans through his publicist, who has since confirmed the Aussie will not be performing at the Cmas on November 6, as planned. Publicist Judy McDonough states the singer has cancelled all immediate promotional appearances. Urban, who has a history of cocaine and alcohol abuse, is nominated for four awards at next month's CMAs, including Song of The Year for "Tonight I Wanna Cry" and the coveted Entertainer of the Year honor. Despite the problems swirling around his personal life, Urban's new album, Love, Pain & The Whole Crazy Thing, will be released as planned on November 7.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I'm actually glad he backed out. Sobriety should be his main focus now. Good luck to him!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast