+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Keith Urban enters rehab

  1. #11
    FORT Fanatic OriginalSinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    783
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2110447;
    That is one weird sentence...not the fact that Keith Urban is in rehab or that he's married to Nicole Kidman, but the way the sentence implies that he's in rehab because he's married to Nicole Kidman. Like he could only hack four months. Maybe Tom Cruise is writing these articles now that he's been booted from Paramount.
    Well ! Their marriage couldn't have been going that well if she didn't keep him away from the bottle.

  2. #12
    Scrappy Spartan Broadway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,963
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner;2127308;
    Well ! Their marriage couldn't have been going that well if she didn't keep him away from the bottle.
    WHOA! WHOA WHOA WHOA!

    So the faults of one partner are always the fault of the other? He's had an ongoing addiction for years, but the fact that he's still succumbing to it is somehow her fault for not "keeping him away from the bottle"???

    That is so absolutely insane... and does not even intelligently take into account that addiction is a disease. Diseases are not cured simply because someone is in a happy relationship. Sometimes diseases continue despite a happy relationship and despite the hard work and support of loving friends, families, coworkers, etc.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

  3. #13
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,698
    It's pretty sad that Keith can't get this under control. It is a sickness & certainly nothing to do with Nicole Kidman. The story I heard on the radio earlier this week was that Nicole was in London to film her next movie & friends & family kept calling her to report that Keith was being seen falling off the wagon many times. She flew home to lay down the "Rehab or the highway ultimatum." I certainly hope he gets all the help he needs & gets straight, he is a great artist.

  4. #14
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,698
    http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2006-11-03/

    Kidman Cancels Publicity Appearances
    Nicole Kidman is canceling appearances to promote her new film Fur, to avoid talking about new husband Keith Urban's decision to check himself into a rehab facility. The pair have been married since June and Urban announced last week that he was seeking treatment for alcohol abuse. Kidman skipped a mini-screening of her film at the Museum of Modern Art on Wednesday night in New York City, which was followed by a posh dinner hosted by the film's executive producer Ed Pressman. According to Fox News, she has also cancelled her appearance at the high-profile New York City premiere on Sunday night, leaving co-star Robert Downey, Jr. and director Steve Shainberg to promote the film. Kidman stars in the film as famed American photographer Diane Arbus, who was noted for her portraits of people on the fringes of society. The Moulin Rouge star has returned to London where she is filming His Dark Materials The Golden Compass:, while Urban remains in rehab in Nashville, Tennessee.

  5. #15
    Anarchist AJane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Charming
    Posts
    9,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2127475;
    WHOA! WHOA WHOA WHOA!

    So the faults of one partner are always the fault of the other? He's had an ongoing addiction for years, but the fact that he's still succumbing to it is somehow her fault for not "keeping him away from the bottle"???

    That is so absolutely insane... and does not even intelligently take into account that addiction is a disease. Diseases are not cured simply because someone is in a happy relationship. Sometimes diseases continue despite a happy relationship and despite the hard work and support of loving friends, families, coworkers, etc.
    That's true. I have to admit, though, I'm pretty surprised that she went ahead and married him, when she must have known that he had a serious problem with alcohol. Personally, I would have insisted that he go to rehab and clean up his act before entering into a marriage. After one failed marriage, you'd think she would be more cautious in her choices the second time around. Movie star or not, she has kids to consider and I can't see how bringing in a stepfather with a drinking problem is beneficial to them. Not to mention the insanity that's been surrounding their father. My sympathy is with those kids.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

  6. #16
    FORT Fogey Toby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,299
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2114759;
    And another shoe drops. Get well Keith, we want to see you back soon.

    http://imdb.com/news/wenn/2006-10-24/



    Urban Pulls Out of CMAs


    Troubled country star Keith Urban has pulled out of a planned performance at the 40th annual Country Music Association (CMA) to allow himself more time to tackle his alcoholism. The singer, who is married to actress Nicole Kidman, checked himself into a rehab facility last week. Urban issued an official statement about his "relapse" to fans through his publicist, who has since confirmed the Aussie will not be performing at the Cmas on November 6, as planned. Publicist Judy McDonough states the singer has cancelled all immediate promotional appearances. Urban, who has a history of cocaine and alcohol abuse, is nominated for four awards at next month's CMAs, including Song of The Year for "Tonight I Wanna Cry" and the coveted Entertainer of the Year honor. Despite the problems swirling around his personal life, Urban's new album, Love, Pain & The Whole Crazy Thing, will be released as planned on November 7.

    Well, I was really excited about watching him perform at the CMAs but I am glad that he going to take good care of himself. It must be hard to be a celebrity and face that sort of thing since it is going to be publicized everywhere. But I do hope that he will wins Entertainer of the Year or Best Male Vocalist -- he really is a talented musician.

    Can't wait till Monday -- anyone else going to be watching? Going to be good.

    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

  7. #17
    On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    5,063
    I think before they got married, he had told her he was clean and she knew about his previous rehab stint and was satisfied that things were OK. I remember hearing rumors that their prenup stipulated that if he did drugs/drank, he wouldn't be entitled to her money in the event of a divorce (or something like that--who really knows?). They're both wealthy, but apparently her bank account is more formidable.

    To whoever said that being married to her must have been stressful etc., I think marriage (esp. the first year) can be a challenging transitional period for most couples. However, the fact that she gave up her life as she knew it in California to move with him to HIS home-away-from-home in Tennessee says a lot about how much she wanted to make this work. HE was closer to his work. SHE was further away from hers.

    AJane, I think Nicole (like a lot of smart women) thought that she could change him (to make him want to stop abusing drugs/alcohol). Two of my friends got married after dating and being engaged for a million years. The marriage lasted less than a year--'cause he started drinking again and she just couldn't trust him again 'cause he out and out lied to her face about it.

    I wish them both well. They both seem like really nice, sweet people. And Nicole deserves to be in a happy marriage.

  8. #18
    FORT Fanatic OriginalSinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    783
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2127475;
    WHOA! WHOA WHOA WHOA!
    What I meant was that a drinking problem is usually a sign of unhappiness or neglect in a marriage. You know it's true.

  9. #19
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    479
    And where do you get that "usually" fact? I disagree entirely. Lots of alcoholics (and other addicts) are filling patterns of behavior that started in early childhood - either through neglect or abuse, or learned coping behavior that came from watching an addicted parent or authority figure.
    Urban's self-destructive or escapist tendencies are probably deep rooted and pretty damn strong - and it's a lot for you to imply that it's his new wife's fault for not keeping him away from the bottle. Maybe she's such a good wife that he feels afraid of disappointing her or being inadequate and that caused him to revert back to old behaviors. Or maybe the stress of suddenly being in tabloids did something. You can't just blame her.

  10. #20
    Reality Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner;2128445;
    What I meant was that a drinking problem is usually a sign of unhappiness or neglect in a marriage. You know it's true.
    That couldn't be further from the truth. I'm sure in some cases that's the reason, but to make a blank statement that that's 'usually' the reason is off base. I agree with Dagny.

    I'm surprised Nicole married him also. She had to have doubts if the prenup rumors are true. I love them as a couple and I'm happy she's sticking by him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.