+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christina Aguilera ended T.A.T.U's reign at the top in the U.K

Christina Aguilera ended T.A.T.U's reign at the top in the U.K

Christina Aguilera has ended Tatu's five week reign by going straight to number one with 'Beautiful'.

This means DJ Sammy's 'The Boys Of The Summer' has been beaten to the top and has to settle for number two.

Tatu's 'All The Things She Said' drops to number three while Junior Senior's 'Move Your Feet' enters at four.

Ainslie Henderson's 'Keep Me A Secret' completes the top five by entering at number five.

Mel C returns to the top ten at number seven with 'Here It Comes Again' and Soda Club featuring Hannah Alethea's rendition of 'Heaven Is A Place On Earth' enters the top twenty at thirteen and Massive Attack's 'Special Cases' goes in at fifteen.

Norwegian click-house duo Royksopp rerelease 'Eple' which charts at sixteen while Zwan's 'Honestly' enters at twenty-eight and Toni Braxton just makes the top thirty with 'Hit The Freeway' at twenty-nine.

In the album charts Norah Jones' 'Come Away With Me' reaps the benefit of the Grammys and jumps from number ten to number one.

Tom Jones' Brit performance sees his 'Greatest Hits' move up one place to number three while Justin Timberlake, who also gained newspaper column inches from his Brit duet with Kylie, drops down to number three from number one.

Appleton enter the charts at nine with 'Everything Is Eventual' and Led Zeppelin return to the charts at fourteen with their 'Very Best Of'.

Well done Christina aguilera.

She's good. I would very much rather go for quality rather than quantity.

People are judging because of her image. It is not fair.

Insert Funny "Quote" Here nofx242's Avatar
    I just like her Maxim Photspread she had a few months back.

I love her voice. I cannot stand looking at her though.
    She's skanky looking. I hate when my kid(s) have MTV on and her videos come on....The Beautiful one is okay.
    That dirty one though is nasty.
    I think she's confused.
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

Leo
    Premium Member
    If you just hear her songs, she's fine. (Except maybe Dirty, which is just that, dirty.) The second you see her now, thought, you just go

Originally posted by Matt
    People are judging because of her image. It is not fair.
    She's brought it on herself. She made the choice to ram it down our throats. That said, it really is too bad, b/c the girl does have a good voice & actually can sing. But she's the one who got so wrapped up in image & being all raunchy & had to make sure everyone knew she was the "anti-Britney." If she didn't make a scene about it, no one probably would even care about how she looks.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I kind of think she's been trying to distance herself from Britney Spears. I don't like her nasty image right now, but hey.. what can you do?

I'm glad to see she's #1 and beat out T.A.T.U.

At least she's talented.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Originally posted by Miss Filangi
    I kind of think she's been trying to distance herself from Britney Spears. I don't like her nasty image right now, but hey.. what can you do?

I'm glad to see she's #1 and beat out T.A.T.U.

At least she's talented.
    I agree.

but then again, sorry to Britney fans, I think that Britney can't sing.

So, there's no point trying to distance away from britney. Britney was never there.

Britney is pop culture and is played all over the radio. Her songs are moderately catchy and Britney has become a product, not an actual talent.

Christina was overshadowed because they had a similiar look, similiar music once upon a time and well, they have a similiar history. I think she needed to distance herself from the avalanche that the Britney product was kind of overlapping onto her. (Am I making sense?)

Christina is infinitely more talented.

And I agree, Britney CAN'T sing.. but she sure does look good in a school girl uniform and with snakes draped around her. :rolleyes
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

On Conan the other night he was doing the "In the year two thousand" predictions bit (with Ted Danson), and he did one about Christina that sort of fits here: "In the year two thousand, rather than waste time with an office visit, Christina Aguilera will simply send her gynecologist a copy of her latest video."
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast