+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Patriotic song help

Patriotic song help

Okay, I know I keep asking for very obscure things but I desperately need help with something. I recently purchased through itunes a copy of The Gaither Homecoming version of My Country Tis of Thee. While I was able to find lyrics for the 1st and last verses they sing (which are traditional), there is an extra verse in there that I have not been able to find the words to at any of the links for that particular song! And Gaither lyrics are impossible to find! It sounds like they're singing something like this:
    Not for this land of old
    But be Godís mercy shown
    From shore to shore
    That may the nation see
    That man should brothers be
    And for one family
    The wide world more.
    But I don't know if those words are right. I'm begging. If anyone, anyone at all can possibly find this extra verse and please please please post the correct lyrics, I would greatly appreciate it! I need it no later than 3pm on 9/11 as I need it for a songbook I'm printing out for a candlelight vigil I'm holding for the anniversary of the attacks. So I'm asking for anyone with internet savvy and who may know some tricks to finding these lyrics to please help me!
    Thank you!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I think this might be what you are looking for but you can't get it online, it has to be shipped out.
    http://www.encoremusic.com/piano/1703513.html

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    I think this might be what you are looking for but you can't get it online, it has to be shipped out.
    http://www.encoremusic.com/piano/1703513.html
    Yes, but what I need is the lyrics to be posted in here. I'm not looking for a songbook or sheet music. I just need someone to confirm that the words that I heard in the song are correct and if they're not I need the corrections.
    Thanks, though.
    Okay, with the help of my hubby, I figured out most of the words but I still need the last line confirmed. If anyone knows these words please let me know. Here's what I have:
    Not for this land alone
    But be God’s mercy shown
    From shore to shore
    And may the nation see
    That man should brothers be
    And for one family
    The wide world more. (These last 2 lines are the ones that I'm unsure of).
    ETA (Again): Okay I was able to google it! It was because I had the wrong words before! For anyone interested here is the correct verse:
    Not for this land alone
    But be God's mercies shown
    From shore to shore.
    And may Thy nation see
    That men should brothers be
    And form one family
    The wide world o'er.
    Last edited by nilesgirl; 09-06-2006 at 10:13 AM.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread