+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kevin federline On teen choice awards

Kevin federline On teen choice awards

Yes the Husband Of big Pop star Britney Spears Performed on the 2006 teen choice awards and if you did not see it you are one lucky person because that was the wrost song and performance ever it was so bad Did you see it? He can't rap at all:nono

He can't rap, he can't dance (why was he a backup singer again?), he can't dress and he can't talk. My husband and I wanted to watch it for the laugh factor, but we had to switch back to another show before the end of the song. It just really really sad.

Off topic, another sad moment was the "Hottest grill" award. My husband jockingly said "who is she going to thank, her orthodontist?". Well, yep, she did.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I was switching channels and saw a little bit of the performance. He kept running into a backup dancer and I don't think it was part of the overall choreography. I have edited out the name and link of a website.

Kevin Federline's TV performance laughed off in hip-hop community, cyberspace

By Erin Carlson
    ASSOCIATED PRESS

NEW YORK – Kevin Federline's TV debut as a rapper is getting derided as a not-ready-for-prime-time disaster by critics in cyberspace and the hip-hop community.

On Sunday, Federline – also known has K-Fed and Mr. Britney Spears – performed his new single “Lose Control” to the peppy crowd at the eighth annual Teen Choice Awards, which aired on Fox. Introduced by his wife, who was dressed in a cleavage-baring mini-dress despite her late pregnancy, Federline stalked about the stage with attitude as he rapped about his bling, popping Cristal (obviously oblivious of the whole hip-hop Cristal boycott) and his amazing rhyming skills.

“Don't hate because I'm a superstar! And I'm married to a superstar! Nothin' come between us no matter who you are!” he declared, as dancers pop-locked as his side.

It was the most anticipated performance of the night – and the most ridiculed. By morning, videos of it were splashed on Web sites like [another website] and various blogs, accompanied by catty comments mocking both Federline and his wife.

If the Web world isn't exactly accepting of Federline's rap-star ambitions, the hip-hop community is even less so.

Elliot Wilson, editor in chief of XXL magazine, hadn't seen Federline's TV debut. Still, he called it a “[...] disaster” – something to be laughed off in hip-hop circles.

“I just think we ignore him,” Wilson told The Associated Press on Monday. “He's a joke, basically. ... I just don't think he gets it. He doesn't get that he's Britney's man and it's hard to take him seriously.”

Jermaine Hall, executive editor of King magazine, echoes that sentiment.

“The thing that really hurts him is the fact that he's perceived as Britney's husband,” Hall, who had yet to see the performance, told the AP. “You know, kinda like Britney's second – I don't even want to say second in command, but – he's like the Britney Boy. He's like Mrs. Spears, and it's kinda hard to get over that perception.”

Federline is expected to release his debut hip-hop album “Playing With Fire” in October. Hall said that despite the barbs K-Fed is getting, he still has a shot at success.

“All you can do, is really just keep on plugging,” Hall said. “He's definitely going to have a teenage female fan base. So, you know, make songs that cater to them. Keep it clubby, keep it hoppy, keep it happy.”
    Link

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    I watched and laughed my head off. He is such a wannabe it's hilarious and Britney with her belly & boobage introducing him saying "This show has been so good to my career I hope it does the same for my man. Here he is .. Kevin Federline". OMG.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Yeah, I don't see him having a huge teen girl fanbase. I just don't see it.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Hah. Remember when people used to make fun of Tom Arnold for being Roseanne's talentless extra appendage?

Well, at least Tom redeemed himself in later years.

K-Fed will never be able to do that. He really IS a waste of protoplasm. And Britney is stuck taking care of two individuals with his genetic contribution for the next 18 years or so. Assuming Brit doesn't drop them on their heads or drive into something while they are on her lap or something before that.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Unfortunately, I did see it. Was it just me or did the crowd not even know which one was KF? Wow, that was bad.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Chakos::Linkletter::Epley breezez_air's Avatar
    Haha, this is from IMDb:

Rap Community Rejects Federline

Prominent members of the hip hop community have slammed Britney Spears' husband Kevin Federline's debut performance at the Teen Choice awards, labelling him a joke. XXL magazine editor in chief Elliot Wilson and King magazine executive editor Jermaine Hall have both hit out at the lackluster performance. Wilson says, "I think we ignore him. He's a joke, basically. I just don't think he gets it. He doesn't get that he's Britney's man and it's hard to take him seriously." Hall adds, "The thing that really hurts him is the fact that he's perceived as Britney's husband. You know, kinda like Britney's second - I don't even want to say second in command, but - he's like the Britney Boy. He's like Mr. Spears, and it's kinda hard to get over that perception."
    I don't wanna get fat like you
    Don't even believe in the F Word...FAT
    ...Perhaps you meant PEE AYTCH AY TEE
    Yeah...I did
    - Stacy Ann and Whitney- ANTM 10

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
    Unfortunately, I did see it. Was it just me or did the crowd not even know which one was KF? Wow, that was bad.
    Totally agree with you. That was the worst performance of the nigth.
    I can't believe he really think he's good. .

Really, his nickname should be K-Fraud, not K-Fed.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast