+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 165657585960616263646566

Thread: Miscellaneous Music News

Re: Miscellaneous Music News

It all goes back to what Rihanna has seen in her own life and what she was taught while she was growing up. Perhaps in her family relationships or friend relationships, this occurred. So, that would lead her to think it was normal and acceptable. People who've been in or seen abusive relationships tend to think they're normal and acceptable. I know when I was that age I had heard the same experiences occurred with my peers / friends. Fortunately, my dad had always told me never to let a guy hit me or, perhaps I would have been like Rihanna. Looks like she was not steered in the right direction when she should have been. I can understand her father wanting to stand behind her, but I only hope he will give her some private counsel and let her know NOT to allow this to perpetuate itself. Otherwise, sadly, she is going to end up another statistic.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3356699;
    Yeah I just saw pics of them together at Diddy's house. I think bioth of them are crazy and now I am starting to wonder what exactly did go down.
    This also means that Sean "Diddy" Combs has a lot to answer for now too. This is NOT being any kind of real friend here. Sorry "Puffy".

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3357618;
    It all goes back to what Rihanna has seen in her own life and what she was taught while she was growing up. Perhaps in her family relationships or friend relationships, this occurred. So, that would lead her to think it was normal and acceptable. People who've been in or seen abusive relationships tend to think they're normal and acceptable.
    I just have to jump in and say that in many situations this is not the case. There are many women out there who grew up in non-abusive homes, got married to a man they thought was a good person and then found out that he was abusive after they were stuck in a situation that felt inescapable. Many women don't leave because they don't have the resources - no family to turn to, no money to live off of, etc.

Of course Rhianna has all the resources she needs, so she is making this choice for herself with all options open to her. My gut reaction is that she shouldn't go back to him, especially after seeing that photo. However, I also have to look at the fact that we do not know the whole story of what happened and these two are very young which can lead to poor decision making from both of them...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Can't help but wonder if there is some PTSD going on in either/both Rihanna and Chris, from their childhoods. You can bury that kind of stuff so deeply in your mind that you may even not recognize that it is there. We've been told how he watched his mother being severely beaten by his stepfather, but we don't know what she's been through, do we?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread