+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566 LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Music News

Premium Member

Re: Miscellaneous Music News

Fans stunned by Rihanna-Chris Brown reconciliation - Yahoo! Canada News

Here's another article about Rihanna and Chris Brown reuniting.

All I can say is I am sorry for Rihanna and I just hope she gets out before he really hurts her again. Ugh.

Terribly sad, it sets a terrible example for their younger fans.

Yeah I just saw pics of them together at Diddy's house. I think bioth of them are crazy and now I am starting to wonder what exactly did go down.

When it happens again, I don't want to know about it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I honestly thing that people who return to abusive mates have some form of mental illness.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I don't think they have mental illnesses. I think they are often misguided and think that the man will change. I can tell you that if I was 20/21 and my 19 year old boyfriend beat me, my dad, brother and cousins would've dealt with him. If I said I was going back to him, my family would've done everything possible to make sure I didn't. I know that you can't control a grown woman, but you can advise/encourage them. I'm really surprised that her father is saying, "Oh, I support whatever decision she makes." Would he support her decision to take heroin because she wants to? Whatever. I wonder if he would've had this attitude if it was just the boy next door with no money. But since it's Chris Brown...he's more willing to forgive? I find the whole thing strange and sad, but not unexpected. I don't remember the statistics, but an alarming number of women return to abusive relationships. Unlike a lot of women who have no means of supporting themselves, Rhianna obviously doesn't need any financial support...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think it's a mental illness that tells you it's OK to beat somebody to a pulp.

I think it's a mental illness that tells you to go back into a situation where you've been beaten to a pulp.

You cannot possibly be in your right mind, in either situation.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I don't think bad choices or denial are necessarily synonymous with mental illness. I think people need to take responsibility for their actions. If Rihanna is actually mentally ill/challenged, then a guardian should be making decisions for her. Going back to a man who beat her is her stupid choice, but not one that I think is caused by mental illness.

While I agree it was a bad choice for Rihanna to go back with Chris Brown, the truth is, we really don't know what exactly happened. I'm just trying to look at it from every perspective...either way, it's just a bad situation and I think they're better off staying away from each other...

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3357279;
    I don't think they have mental illnesses. I think they are often misguided and think that the man will change. I can tell you that if I was 20/21 and my 19 year old boyfriend beat me, my dad, brother and cousins would've dealt with him. If I said I was going back to him, my family would've done everything possible to make sure I didn't. I know that you can't control a grown woman, but you can advise/encourage them. I'm really surprised that her father is saying, "Oh, I support whatever decision she makes." Would he support her decision to take heroin because she wants to? Whatever. I wonder if he would've had this attitude if it was just the boy next door with no money. But since it's Chris Brown...he's more willing to forgive? I find the whole thing strange and sad, but not unexpected. I don't remember the statistics, but an alarming number of women return to abusive relationships. Unlike a lot of women who have no means of supporting themselves, Rhianna obviously doesn't need any financial support...
    I think he's doing the right thing, abuse victims tend to go back most of the time and alienate themselves to the point where they've no one to call. By saying he'll be there for her when everyone else has stopped taking her seriously.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread