+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 66 FirstFirst ... 135354555657585960616263646566 LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Music News

Re: Miscellaneous Music News

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3322951;
    Rhianna'a father spoke about the incident to People Magazine. If this had happened to my daughter I wouldn't be as laid-back about it as he appears to be.

Rihanna's Father Speaks to PEOPLE - Chris Brown, Rihanna : People.com
    I don't think he's laid back about the whole thing. His feelings look to be appropriate for the situation; he's just chosen to express them passively. I'm not sure being a raging bull about the whole deal would accomplish much of anything.

He raises a good point though. Rihanna has an opportunity here to affect lives for the better when it comes to domestic abuse. Provided the incident played out as such.

Quote Originally Posted by smartguy24;3322955;
    I don't think he's laid back about the whole thing. His feelings look to be appropriate for the situation; he's just chosen to express them passively. I'm not sure being a raging bull about the whole deal would accomplish much of anything.

He raises a good point though. Rihanna has an opportunity here to affect lives for the better when it comes to domestic abuse. Provided the incident played out as such.
    You're right, being a raging bull wouldn't accomplish a thing. I get that we were probably given a short clip of his comments so I'm just saying that if it were my daugter, I'd be more opiniated than to say "If it were me, I'd move on." This was a case that involved violence toward his daughter by someone she loves.

I am trying to look at this whole thing from both sides. I don't think her father acting enraged will do anything except for give credence to the stories of Rihanna herself being a hitter. I think both of them need therapy and some anger management classes. I am not going to say that the whole incident was all one persons fault because I truly think there is more to the story.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

No matter what public face has been presented by dad, you never really know what is going on just below the surface.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Actually I would like it if more "celebrities" and their families would take a lesson from this man. Sometimes it's better just to keep your mouth shut.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Rihanna's Dad Wants Her to 'Move On'

(Feb. 19) -- Not surprisingly, Rihanna's family is speaking out against Chris Brown following his alleged assault on the R&B superstar, PEOPLE is reporting in their cover story this week.
    Ronald Fenty, the father of Rihanna, says she should "move on" from her relationship with Brown. He expounds even further, saying "I don't want her to go back to him. I don't think anyone does."

TMZ Has Photo After Alleged Beating
    Another unidentified relative says that they were stunned to hear of the allegations against Brown. They tell PEOPLE he "flew so far under everyone's radar that we just didn't think he was that [abusive] type." They also say Brown "was always looking after her needs ... making sure she was happy." Police are still investigating the Feb. 8 incident, for which Brown was charged with making criminal threats. Pending the results of the investigations, Brown may be hit with more charges.
    Both Rihanna and Brown have kept mostly mum since the incident. Eventually, Brown released a statement in which he apologized and said he would seek therapy, but never directly addressed what exactly happened between himself and Rihanna.
    Skip over this content
    Following the incident, various reports claimed that Rihanna suffered bruising, cuts and contusions on her head and face after Brown's alleged assault.

You know, I could just be a jaded person, but this thing about him always looking after her needs, making sure she was happy reeks of control, to me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Have to admit that I haven't closely followed the story.
    However, so much of it sounds like Nicole Brown/OJ Simpson. Sadly, it looked like Nicole's family ignored a lot of OJ's bad behavior during the years, as well.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I've seen that picture, it scared the hell out of me. I think it's still the sorta thing that no one cares about until it happens to them. And even when they do, Rihanna has to make the moves here.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3336802;

(Feb. 19) -- Not surprisingly, Rihanna's family is speaking out against Chris Brown following his alleged assault on the R&B superstar, PEOPLE is reporting in their cover story this week.
    Ronald Fenty, the father of Rihanna, says she should "move on" from her relationship with Brown. He expounds even further, saying "I don't want her to go back to him. I don't think anyone does."
    Well Rhianna's Dad should spend more of his time telling HER that than the press.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Well here's a bit of good, albeit surprising news for a change. Baby Harlow is so darned cute.

Nicole Richie pregnant with second child

Parenthood definitely agrees with Nicole Richie and Joel Madden. The pair, who welcomed daughter Harlow on Jan. 11, 2008, has announced they're awaiting a second stork delivery.

"What's better than winning an Oscar? I am so happy to tell everyone that Harlow is going to be a big sister!" Madden excitedly wrote on the Good Charlotte website Saturday night. "God has truly blessed my family. Hope you're all feeling as good as I am right now."

Nicole, 27, and Joel, 29, who began dating in late 2006, have both credited Harlow with changing their view of the world.

"I can't imagine life without her," Madden told People in October. "It was never a moment where it was like, 'This is inconvenient for us.' We're very blessed to have it happen the way it did. She's the most important thing in the world to us."

Just before the tot's arrival, the couple established The Richie-Madden Foundation to help kids in need.

And Nicole, who once admitted she wasn't much for domesticity, now prepares her daughter's meals from scratch.

"Food tastes better coming from your Mom because it's made with love," she told People.

Not that she believes this is the only approach.

"I don't think you can plan anything about having a child. It's something so completely new, so you just have to go with whatever works for you," explained Richie. "There's a million different ways to be a mom."
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread