+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566 LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Music News

Re: Miscellaneous Music News

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3314227;
    ITA. I could never look at her if she were to get as large as a size six. She better just head off to the fat farm now. That is IF they will take someone as big as she is.

... No kidding, eh?

As fo the Chris Brown/Rihanna thing... Chris Brown disgusts me.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3316724;
    i hadn't heard that too, so i did a google search and found the interview. wow, he's got issues (more than just the baby wipe thing).
    If anyone's interested, here's a link to the Elle interview with Terrence Howard: Elle Men We Love Terrence Howard

Apparently, he lives in a cave and is now claiming he had no idea about Chris beating the crap out of Rianna when he said the things he said about them. Yeah, right
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Terrence Howard has retracted his statements about Chris Brown, admitting that he didn't know what had happened between Brown and Rihanna.

I'm always amazed at people making statements about incidents that they actually have NO information about. Celebs, or not.

Terrance Howard Not Down With Brown
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Knowing the way the media is Terrence Howard probably made that statement months ago in a context that had nothing to do with the Chris Brown/Rihanna situation.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3315613;
    I heard that Chris Brown's stepfater (whom, it is stated used to beat Chris's mother...big time) said that he was not surprised at Chris's behavior.
    I hate that they went and dug this guy up. Actually, I won't be surprised if this is true either, because Chris Brown has spoken publicly numerous times about watching his stepfather kick the stuffing out of his mother as he was growing up. Now I don't know if this is the same stepfather or if mom went off and married again, but if it's the same guy he should really just step back into the shadows, because when a kid witnesses enough of that he has a great potential to take a trip down that same road himself.

I'm going to wait for the whole story to come out, but if he did this I hope she not only presses charges but terminates the relationship for good. Young girls, sadly, take their cues sometimes from a celebrity (as ill advised as that is). They really don't need to hear tale of this woman going back for a second helping of any sorts of violence.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

And in typical abuser style: deny, deny, deny.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3315205;
    I can see Rihanna instigating the fight, but that does not allow for Chris to do what he (supposedly) did (punch her in the face, bite her, etc...[these are all rumors]). Fact is, Chris is bigger and stronger than Rihanna; Rihanna hitting Chris in no way does the same amount of damage as Chris hitting Rihanna. And if what was rumored to be true is indeed true, you'd think after the first punch to Rihanna's face he'd realize he did something awful out of anger and would have stopped, but he didn't (again..IF these rumors are true). Yes, it may be a double standard, maybe not, but whatever the case is, Chris Brown's career is OVER. No one likes a women beater. He'll lose support from those in the industry who kept him afloat, along with his fans. He's done. What a waste, he threw his whole life out the window with a swing.
    If only this was true! O.J. Simpson still had loads of people rooting for him after it was disclosed during his trial that he had beaten Nicole.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

If this is not a huge example of "pretty" being able to hide "crazy"...all day long...then, I don't know what is. I get so sick of people talking about how good looking somebody is, totally not taking into consideration what the actual person behind the looks might be harboring in their personality/psyche.

"Pretty/hot" can get you killed. Better start delving more into who the person really is, as opposed to what they look like. Rihanna may have lucked out this time.

Give me a non-gorgeous person, anyday...with a clue about how to treat people...over a "pretty/hot" person, just because they are pretty.

I did hear that she had finger marks on her neck as recently as December.

I knew that this was not the first time. They both need to wake up.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

amen, prhoshay, to everything you just said.

Rhianna'a father spoke about the incident to People Magazine. If this had happened to my daughter I wouldn't be as laid-back about it as he appears to be.

Rihanna's Father Speaks to PEOPLE - Chris Brown, Rihanna : People.com

+ Reply to Thread