+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1151525354555657585960616263646566 LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Music News

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Music News

I heard that Chris Brown's stepfater (whom, it is stated used to beat Chris's mother...big time) said that he was not surprised at Chris's behavior.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3315570;
    File this under "Terence Howard is an even bigger moron than I thought":

Howard Supports Brown

It's only a matter of time before Jamie Foxx comes out in support of Chris Brown too
    I like Terrence Howard, but I think he needs to hold of on his support until he has all the facts. I don't know who's at fault yet for the fighting. I wouldn't weigh in on this until all the facts are out there.

If Rihanna attacked Chris first then I don't think most people would object to him using reasonable force to defend himself.
    Women can't expect men to observe the "don't hit a woman" rule when said woman is lamping you round the skull.

Whatever happened it sounds as though they don't have a very healthy relationship.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3316304;
    If Rihanna attacked Chris first then I don't think most people would object to him using reasonable force to defend himself.
    Women can't expect men to observe the "don't hit a woman" rule when said woman is lamping you round the skull.
    Well there definitely has to be a sense of proportion.

I'd say if a woman slaps a man, he'd better suck it up and keep his hands to himself. Heck, even a punch. Same thing. If she's repeatedly hitting him though, that's another thing. You react just enough to stop her, and then that's that.

Sure, on some level that expected restraint could be labeled as old fashioned and sexist, but... who cares?

More rumors. The stories are ALL over the place, but this sums up a lot of them.

Rihanna Bloodied, Beaten, Bitten By Chris Brown: Reports (UPDATE)

So we have bite marks on her arms and fingers. Now this is not as clear cut as it might seem from the report I'd say. Because bite marks are actually usually defensive wounds, on the attacker, not offensive ones on the attackee. In other words, someone bites someone if they are being attacked so bite wounds typically wind up on the aggressor. But again, who the hell knows with these two? Maybe after she lost consciousness, Brown decided to have a snack. Um. Ew. Theoretically if the wounds are just on her fingers, it could also be from her punching him in the mouth--which actually comes off as a potentially defensive move in my book. He's choking her, she punches him in the mouth to try and stop that.

Supporting that, there are also anonymous reports of her grabbing the car keys and tossing them out the car window, which prompted him to put her in a choke hold and try to pretty much squeeze the life out of her.

Bizarre and tragic doesn't even begin to cover all of this.
    Last edited by Krom; 02-11-2009 at 05:26 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3316369;
    Well there definitely has to be a sense of proportion.

I'd say if a woman slaps a man, he'd better suck it up and keep his hands to himself. Heck, even a punch. Same thing. If she's repeatedly hitting him though, that's another thing. You react just enough to stop her, and then that's that.
    Precisely.
    I'm not of the opinion that women should be able to physically attack men and men should do nothing at all to defend themselves because "you can't hit a woman". If she's hitting you then sure you can, but you can't shoot her in the head because she slapped you in the face. As you said, proportion is the issue.
    I think a man being attacked by another man is better off trying to just protect himself and fend the other guy off rather than escalate things into a full-scale fight if at all possible.

The story is sad on so many levels.
    Whatever the facts of the case may be, it appears that both of them were hurt physically to some degree and that they are two very young people in somewhat of an explosive relationship.
    I hope for both their sakes they don't rekindle things once the dust has settled. It sounds as though they really would be better off without each other.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3316235;
    I like Terrence Howard, but I think he needs to hold of on his support until he has all the facts. I don't know who's at fault yet for the fighting. I wouldn't weigh in on this until all the facts are out there.
    I got turned off by him years ago with the whole "women must use baby wipes" b.s. and how he basically admitted to stalking his now ex-wife. He's creepy, imo and obviously delusional with that statement about how Rianna knows Chris loves her 'Cause nothing says "I love you" more than a fat lip and a bloody nose.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I didn't know either of those things about him (the wipes or the stalking).
    Not to get too TMI, but everyone in my house uses wipes, I don't know why he thinks only women should use them, or is it only women that are foolish enough to want to spend any time with him?

I always felt rather bad for him because of his father going to prison after killing someone, in self-defence as coincidence would have it, and the impact that had on his young life.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3316666;
    I got turned off by him years ago with the whole "women must use baby wipes" b.s. and how he basically admitted to stalking his now ex-wife. He's creepy, imo and obviously delusional with that statement about how Rianna knows Chris loves her 'Cause nothing says "I love you" more than a fat lip and a bloody nose.
    Hmm. I think Terrence Howard is a talented actor, but the little bit you said about him here completely creeped me out...

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i hadn't heard that too, so i did a google search and found the interview. wow, he's got issues (more than just the baby wipe thing).

MRD

So they were in a car and she starts to attack him. You pull over and get out and take a little walk until things calm down.

I believe in self-defense, but you don't use self-defense so hard you break the other person's jaw.

I had a boyfriend in HS that broke my jaw at a party. After my friends got through waling on him, they drove me to the hospital. My parents called the police and insisted I press charges. He told me years later it was the best thing that ever happened to him as it made him realize that he didn't have to be like his dad and the community service he got sentenced too ended up being his later career choice.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread