+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 66 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Music News

I swear the entire Carter clan are loonier than a fruitcake.

Aaron Carter worse than a 13 year old girl....

Aaron Carter is no stranger to falling in love fast.

After an impromptu marriage proposal in September to Kari Ann Peniche, his girlfriend of just a few days (they called it off six days later), the House of Carters star has been swept off his feet again.

Carter, who turned 19 on Dec. 7, celebrated his birthday Friday night at Shag in Hollywood with his twin sister, Angel. And on his arm was 18-year-old Kaci Brown, a singer who opened for the Backstreet Boys during their 2005 summer tour.

"Now I'm in a great relationship. I've only known her for, like, seven days, but I have a connection with her that's like nothing else I've ever experienced," he told PEOPLE. "It's really amazing."

Brown, a good friend of Angel's, and Carter began their romance in Miami last week while celebrating his birthday. Asked what Brown gave him for his big day, Carter replied: "She got me love."

And now that he's older and wiser, Carter says he's learned a lesson or two about love. "There's a lot of things I'm gonna change – me for one," he said.

"Love shouldn't be about jealousy or anything like that. It should be about commitment and being able to trust that person. If you can't have that from the get-go, there's a problem. When it comes to relationships, I think I'm pretty experienced – you'd be surprised."

He's even met the parents: Before the party at Shag, Brown's family invited Carter over for dinner. "It was so funny – Aaron told them not to worry," Brown told PEOPLE. "He's just one of the sweetest most genuine people I've ever met. He's so talented and it's inspiring."

What did Angel say about her friend dating her twin brother? "She encouraged it," said Carter. "She wanted us to go to Vegas and get hitched!"
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...a/16273274.htm

Actress Tawny Kitaen Finley enters drug rehabilitation programAssociated Press

LAGUNA NIGUEL, Calif. - Tawny Kitaen Finley, best known for her role opposite Tom Hanks in the 1984 comedy "Bachelor Party," has entered a drug rehabilitation program after pleading guilty to possessing 15 grams of cocaine.

The 45-year-old actress will be allowed to change her plea to not guilty after completing the program, under terms of a plea agreement, officials said. The plea change will expunge the conviction from her record.

Finley was charged with felony possession after police found cocaine in her apartment in May.

She was arrested in 2002 on charges she abused then-husband, former Angels pitcher Chuck Finley.

She agreed to anger management and conflict resolution counseling in exchange for the dismissal of two misdemeanor counts of spousal abuse.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Eminem, high school sweetheart divorce again

I wish they'd make up their minds. I feel sorry for the little girl.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Musi....ap/index.html

MOUNT CLEMENS, Michigan (AP) -- Rap megastar Eminem and his high school sweetheart divorced for a second time Tuesday, less than a year after they remarried.

Eminem and Kim Mathers agreed to divide property under terms of a private settlement and to share custody of their 10-year-old daughter, Hailie Jade Scott. They told a judge they understood the divorce was final.

The couple "conducted themselves with dignity and respect," Circuit Judge Antonio P. Viviano said. "All in all, they are a very fine couple to deal with."

Eminem, 34, declined to comment after the brief hearing as two men whisked him into a black Cadillac Escalade. Mathers, 31, did not speak to reporters.

Eminem and Mathers remarried January 14. He filed for divorce April 5. They first married in 1999 in a secret ceremony in Missouri, and divorced in 2001.

Eminem, whose real name is Marshall Bruce Mathers III, has won nine Grammy Awards, including best rap album, for "The Slim Shady LP," "The Marshall Mathers LP" and "The Eminem Show." He won an Oscar for the song "Lose Yourself" from "8 Mile," the semi-autobiographical 2002 film in which he starred.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    It was a mistake to remarry in the first place. I doubt they resolved the actual issues that separated them in the first place, therefore plaguing them once again.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,1568775,00.html

Diddy, Kim Porter Welcome Twin Girls

Sean "Diddy" Combs and girlfriend Kim Porter welcomed twin daughters on Thursday, PEOPLE has confirmed.

"Diddy received an early Christmas gift! It gives us great joy to announce the arrival of Diddy's twin girls. The beautiful, healthy baby girls were born this morning with Diddy by mother Kim Porter's side," Sean Combs's rep, Robert Zimmerman, of Dan Klores Communications tells PEOPLE.

"The first arrived at 7:56 a.m. weighing 5 lbs., followed 2 minutes later by the second at 5 lbs., 4 oz. Diddy had a plane on standby in Toronto where he is filming "Raisin in the Sun" and made it just in the nick of time for the delivery. Both Kim and the girls are doing great."

In honor of two people who had an enormous influence on both Porter and Diddy, 5 lb., D'Lila Star Combs was named after Porter's grandmother, Lila Star, Zimmerman said Thursday afternoon. Her 5 lb. 4 oz. sister, Jessie James Combs, was named after Diddy's grandmother, Jessie Smalls.

On his MySpace page Diddy also posted a message announcing the birth of his girls, adding: "Thank you for all your support this year! I Love Y'all! God Bless."

Diddy, 37, and Porter, 36, are already parents to son Christian, 8. (Diddy also has a son, Justin, 12, with ex-girlfriend Misa Hylton-Brim.)

The hip-hop mogul joked about having daughters at his and Porter's star-studded baby shower in New York City last month, "I'm so excited to have girls, but I know I'm in trouble now!"

And even before the girls were born, they brought out Diddy's softer side, Porter said. "I see the way he's been acting," she told PEOPLE at the shower. "He said, 'I can't wait for them to fall asleep on my chest.' He's going to be very hands on. I don't think he's going to be able to say no to them."

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Congrats to Diddy and Kim. Maybe his daughters will give him a new perspective on women as sex objects in hip hop.

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2185219;
    Congrats to Diddy and Kim. Maybe his daughters will give him a new perspective on women as sex objects in hip hop.
    Did they name them Piddy & Paddy?

I just read an interestig bit of information in the new Goldmine magazine. It seems that Allison Krause & Robert Plant are working together on an album of duets. Now there's a crazy combo for you.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2187848;
    I just read an interestig bit of information in the new Goldmine magazine. It seems that Allison Krause & Robert Plant are working together on an album of duets. Now there's a crazy combo for you.
    Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought of those 2 recording together...that is definitely one I'd have to give a listen to just to see if it was a trainwreck or not!

Kidman and Urban reunite in Australia

Wed Dec 27, 12:25 PM ET

SYDNEY, Australia -
    Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban have reunited in the actress' hometown of Sydney after the Australian-reared country singer completed treatment for alcohol abuse, media reports said Wednesday.

Urban, 39, checked himself into a rehabilitation treatment center in the United States in October, with Kidman by his side. He flew into Sydney on Tuesday, Australian Associated Press reported.

Cameras caught Kidman, also 39, and Urban holding hands as they left the United International Pictures office Wednesday. The couple said nothing to the media as they walked to a car and were driven away.

Kidman, who won a best actress Oscar for 2002's "The Hours," has been in Sydney since before Christmas and is working on a movie in Australia, AAP and Nine Network television reported.

Urban hasn't visited Australia since he married Kidman in a lavish Sydney wedding in June. The couple then moved to Nashville, Tenn., where Urban records.

His latest album, "Love, Pain, & the whole crazy thing," was released last month.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061227/...e_kidman_urban
    I wish him success in his battle with alcoholism.

+ Reply to Thread