+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 66 FirstFirst ... 848495051525354555657585960616263646566 LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Music News

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Music News

She has some talent that 'ole Walt Disney (and her mom and dad) is using great PR to make her bigger than her talent. I think that happens a lot these days!

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3306118;
    She has some talent that 'ole Walt Disney (and her mom and dad) is using great PR to make her bigger than her talent. I think that happens a lot these days!
    Any resemblance Miley has to talent has all been accomplished via a sound remixing board.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Looks like Jessica Simpson had a rough time opening for Rascal Flatts.

www.tennessean.com | Nashville Tune in Music City | The Tennessean

Jessica Simpson forgets lyrics, fights tears at Michigan show

Associated Press • February 6, 2009

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — A bizarre 38-minute set by opening act Jessica Simpson inadvertently stole the spotlight from headliner Rascal Flatts in a show at the Van Andel Arena.

The Grand Rapids Press said Simpson, who is promoting a country album, forgot her lyrics, struggled with her ear monitors, mumbled through songs and fought back tears during Thursday night's performance.
    Advertisement

At one point, the 28-year-old singer-actress asked her backing band to start over on one song, and she forgot the words to another.

"Jessica had an off night," Cindi Berger, a representative for Simpson, said Friday. "She's a perfectionist, and wanted to start some of the songs over. She always wants to give her best performance to her fans."

Simpson apologized to the supportive audience of about 9,000 by mouthing the word "sorry" on two large video screens.

While introducing her last song, Simpson said she sometimes feels like quitting. She appeared to be wiping away tears after finishing the song and walking off the stage.

I can't blame her. People have been too rough on her, and she looks good. Some people need to be smacked upside the head.

Kao

Now for some news that isn't so funny.

Poor Rhianna. Apparently her boyfriend Chris Brown (yes, that super wholesome looking "doublemint guy") beat her up so badly early Sunday morning that she was had to go to hospital and forced to skip the Grammys Sunday. He finally turned himself in to the police this morning and was released on 50,000 bond.

The "official excuse" that was used at the Grammys was that Rhianna and Chris were both in a car accident and couldn't make it, so they got Justin Timberlake to perform instead at the last minute. No one has seen Rhianna since Saturday night (when the couple attended a Pre-Grammy party hosted by Clive Davis) but reports are saying that she was bruised very badly with either a broken jaw/eyesocket/both, with some bitemarks to boot. That poor girl.

Good God, I knew he turned himself in for assault, but I had no idea he'd assaulted her.
    Wow, he might have JayZ to contend with now.
    I can't imagine he's going to come out of this looking too good.

I don't particularly like Jessica Simpson and think she's a poor performer, but I feel bad for the crap she's had to face because she's put on a few pounds.
    Of course it'd help if she dressed her new body in a more flattering way, but she's hardly fat for heaven's sake.
    She's a tall woman with a reasonably large frame and can carry a few extra pounds and still look good.
    Last edited by fluff; 02-09-2009 at 04:17 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3311816;
    Now for some news that isn't so funny.

Poor Rhianna. Apparently her boyfriend Chris Brown (yes, that super wholesome looking "doublemint guy") beat her up so badly early Sunday morning that she was had to go to hospital and forced to skip the Grammys Sunday. He finally turned himself in to the police this morning and was released on 50,000 bond.

The "official excuse" that was used at the Grammys was that Rhianna and Chris were both in a car accident and couldn't make it, so they got Justin Timberlake to perform instead at the last minute. No one has seen Rhianna since Saturday night (when the couple attended a Pre-Grammy party hosted by Clive Davis) but reports are saying that she was bruised very badly with either a broken jaw/eyesocket/both, with some bitemarks to boot. That poor girl.

Now other reports had them checking out of their hotel together on Sunday morning. Definitely very sad. As the sister of a victim of domestic abuse..it was a horrifying event to read about no matter what the details.

Jessica Simpson does still look great.. extra weight or not. Good God she's probably a size 6 now.... whoopdie doo. But those high waisted pants were absolutely horrific.. the giant pockets on the ass were enough to add 30 pounds.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Those pants make her butt look long. She has no sense of style. It's a privilege for her to open up for Rascal Flatts, she should stop trying to ruin it. It's not the first time she's in the press.

As for Rihanna and Chris, i think the car accident was a red herring, and a poor one.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm hoping that Rihanna really sticks it to Chris, legally speaking. He needs to learn a serious lesson while he is still young enough for it make a serious dent in his psyche. I can't help but wonder if this is the first time they've gone down the domestic violence trail. Hope it is, but I'm guessing it's not.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

hopefully she won't do what whitney houston did (stayed with abusive bobby for all that time). she needs to run away FAST.

+ Reply to Thread