+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 66 FirstFirst ... 74748495051525354555657585960616263646566 LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Music News

Re: Miscellaneous Music News

Sad, sad news.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

MRD

Was talking about this with a friend today who reminded me that the Lynyrd Skynyrd Plane that crashed in the 70's also took off from a SC airport. But the Skynryd plane took off from Greenville and not Columbia.

My heart goes out to the survivors and the families of the survivors and the ones that lost their lives. It's a hard thing to have happen to anyone.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Arnold McCuller, the background singer on stage with James Taylor performing during the inauguration, has a new CD out called "Sabor". He has the most soothing, lovely vocals on this CD. You can hear the entire CD for free by going to his site: Arnold McCuller It just starts playing, and it is one of the most wonderful free things on the web going, right now. I think I'm in love!

It is worth the listen! I give it 4 thumbs up!

(Minimize the page, and let it play in the background while you do other things!)
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3299407;
    Arnold McCuller, the background singer on stage with James Taylor performing during the inauguration, has a new CD out called "Sabor". He has the most soothing, lovely vocals on this CD. You can hear the entire CD for free by going to his site: Arnold McCuller It just starts playing, and it is one of the most wonderful free things on the web going, right now. I think I'm in love!

It is worth the listen! I give it 4 thumbs up!

(Minimize the page, and let it play in the background while you do other things!)
    Thanks for the heads up Shay. I wanted to know more about him as I listened to him sing on that inaugural concert stage with two of my favorite voices...John Legend and James Taylor
    Just amazing!

Arnold McCuller. Is he the one who did the vocal of Freebird for the soundtrack to the movie Duets?
    He does have a lovely voice.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

MRD

Today's the day the music died. I just heard it's the 50th anniversary of the plane crash that took the lives of Buddy Holley, Richie Valens and the Big Bopper.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3302963;
    Today's the day the music died. I just heard it's the 50th anniversary of the plane crash that took the lives of Buddy Holley, Richie Valens and the Big Bopper.
    Kind of ironic that that was the song that Garth Brooks sang at the Obama party.

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3303232;
    Kind of ironic that that was the song that Garth Brooks sang at the Obama party.
    Why? Sorry, it's late, but I don't get the irony.

We should have a new topic called "The Miley Cyrus does something stupid topic".

This time? It's making slanty-eye poses in another of those apparently endless photos she seems to make for friends which nevertheless leak out to the entire world.

Asian Group Not Mad at One of These People - TMZ.com

Asian Group Not Mad at One of These People

Posted Feb 2nd 2009 6:10PM by TMZ Staff

When Miley Cyrus transformed herself into Hanoi Montana for this photo -- she had to know it would turn into bad fortune.

The OCA -- a group "dedicated to advancing the social, political and economic well-being of Asian Pacific Americans" -- is fuming at this photo of Miley and pals for using what they have deemed an offensive, stereotypical gesture.

The OCA sent us this statement: "The photograph of Miley Cyrus and other individuals slanting their eyes currently circulating the Internet is offensive to the Asian Pacific American community and sets a terrible example for her many young fans. This image falls within a long and unfortunate history of people mocking and denigrating individuals of Asian descent...

...Not only has Miley Cyrus and the other individuals in the photograph encouraged and legitimized the taunting and mocking of people of Asian descent, she has also insulted her many Asian Pacific American fans," said George Wu, executive director of OCA. "The inclusion of an Asian Pacific American individual in the photo does not make it acceptable."

"OCA hopes that Miley Cyrus will apologize to her fans and the APA community for this lapse in judgment and takes the opportunity to better understand why the gesture is offensive."

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Miley is a talentless moron.

+ Reply to Thread