+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Music News

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Music News

I am telling you...if this doesn't tell you that people cheating on you has nothing to do with looks (and, in all liklihood, sex).....you are a total idiot.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3017318;

I may be risking life and limb here, but I've never been a Shania fan. I'm sorry to hear her marriage is breaking up, but I've never really cared for her music. I'm old school country. Give me Johnny Cash, George Jones or Eddie Arnold any day. And Patsy Cline and Loretta Lynn were the ULTIMATE in female country singers.
    I will join the risk club. I have never liked her.....ever.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3017772;
    I will join the risk club. I have never liked her.....ever.
    Say it isn't so!

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3021879;
    Say it isn't so!
    Sorry, Unk, I can't stand the woman.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i liked her first album, but haven't been impressed with anything she's done since then.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3021900;
    i liked her first album, but haven't been impressed with anything she's done since then.
    So what you're saying is "that don't impress me much." ????

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

heheheh, pretty much.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Ashlee Simpson becomes Ashlee Wentz

OK, normally I don't care whether women keep their maiden names or take their husbands' names when they get married. But this quote (bolded below) by Ashlee Simpson really irritated me. If she's so gung ho about tradition and what you should and shouldn't do, how about getting married first and then getting pregnant? Shut up Ashlee...don't tell me what women should do when they're marrying a man... (I can't stand her...can you tell? ) And FYI, some of my friends got pregnant and then married...but they also didn't open their yaps about this subject...

Ashlee Simpson Becomes Ashlee Wentz - Ashlee Simpson, Pete Wentz : People.com

Newly married Ashlee Simpson is changing her name to Ashlee Wentz in honor of her husband, Fall Out Boy Pete Wentz.

"I think that that's something that a woman should do when they're marrying a man," she tells PEOPLE. "It's a tradition that I think is a great tradition."

The singer, whose May 17 wedding featured an Alice in Wonderland-themed reception, says that privately she'll go by Ashlee Wentz and professionally she'll be Ashlee Simpson-Wentz.

Pete Wentz says he left the name change decision to his wife. "These decisions with Ashlee and her name are all completely up to Ashlee," Wentz says. "I want her to do these kinds of things the way she wants to do them."

Still, he admits, he was flattered. "Oh man, I was like upgrade me! You know what I'm saying? The Wentz family, our Christmas card just got upgraded!" he says. "It feels insane. It feels unreal."

Barenaked Ladies singer arrested on drug charges

Jul 16, 6:12 AM EDT

FAYETTEVILLE, N.Y. (AP) -- The singer and guitarist for the band Barenaked Ladies has been arrested on drug charges in upstate New York.

Police say Steven Page was charged with fourth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance on Friday in the Syracuse area.

Authorities say the arrest occurred at about 2 a.m. after police noticed a suspicious car with its driver's side door left open. They say they found Page and two women in a nearby apartment, along with cocaine and marijuana.

Barenaked Ladies' manager Terry McBride confirmed the charge to the Post-Standard of Syracuse but declined to comment further. The singer, released after paying $10,000 bail, is due in court Thursday.

Page helped form the band in 1988. The group, know for hits such as "One Week" and "Pinch Me" recently released their debut kids CD "Snacktime."

LG.

ouch, a drug charge is not going to help their foray into the children's music genre. I guess they saw how much cake They Might Be Giants are rolling in now and thought they'd like to try it out.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread