+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Music News

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Miscellaneous Music News

Steven Tyler in rehab I hope he can get it back together!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

from the article:

"...It's the same facility where the reality show "Celebrity Rehab" was filmed. Tyler is getting treatment for substance abuse..."
    i hope they're not just filming another season of this show ...

What a tragedy this is. My heart goes out to this family.

Singer Steven Curtis Chapman's daughter is struck, killed by car | www.tennessean.com | The Tennessean
    Singer Steven Curtis Chapman's daughter is struck, killed by car

By LINDA ZETTLER and KATE HOWARD • Staff Writers • May 22, 2008

Steven Curtis Chapman's youngest child died Wednesday evening after being struck by a car driven by her teenage brother in the driveway of the family's Williamson County home.

Maria, one of the Christian singer's six children, was taken by LifeFlight to Vanderbilt Hospital, which confirmed the death, according to Laura McPherson, a spokeswoman for the Tennessee Highway Patrol.
    Advertisement

The 5-year-old was hit by an SUV driven by her teenage brother, she said. Police did not give the driver's name.

The teen was driving a Toyota Land Cruiser down the driveway of the rural home about 5:30 p.m. and several children were playing in the area, McPherson said. He did not see Maria in the driveway before the vehicle struck her, she said.

"It appears to be a terrible accident,'' McPherson said.

No charges are expected, she said. The accident was witnessed by two other children; the entire family was home at the time, McPherson said.

Singer/songwriter Chapman, who recently was inducted into Music City Walk of Fame, is one of contemporary Christian music's most recognizable and most awarded names.

He and his wife, Mary Beth, have long been supporters of international adoption, having brought three girls from China into their family. Maria was the youngest.

The couple is so active in the cause that they formed an organization, Shaohannah's Hope, to aid families wanting to adopt.

With his latest music tour, which came through Nashville in November, Chapman started a campaign called "Change for Orphans." He asked audience members at each stop to bring spare change to the concert, where it was counted and given to a local family to aid in their adoption process.

"I don't know of anybody who loves his children more than he does and is so committed to the adoption concept, and to lose one, no matter what the circumstances, is heartbreaking beyond all comprehension," said John Styll, president of the Nashville-based Gospel Music Association.

"He talks about his kids all the time. That's his life. His kids are more important to him than music, that's for sure."

The tragedy was announced during Wednesday-night services at Harpeth Hills Church of Christ, which the family attends. Maria had just graduated from the church preschool.

And word spread throughout the tight-knit Christian music community on Wednesday evening.

Styll got the news not long after Maria's death.

"I'm confident I can speak for everyone in the community to say we will do everything we can to support this family, as we would do at any time, but especially at a time like this," he said.

Most of the Chapman family was at Vanderbilt children's hospital after the accident and could not be contacted. The long, gravel driveway leading to the home west of Franklin was blocked off by Williamson County sheriff's deputies.

This statement about the accident appeared at Steven Curtis Chapman.com: Official Source for all things Steven.

MARIA SUE CHAPMAN, DAUGHTER OF STEVEN CURTIS CHAPMAN, DIES IN ACCIDENT AT FAMILY HOME

NASHVILLE, TN...5/21/08... At approximately 5pm on the afternoon of Thursday May 21st, Maria Sue Chapman, 5 years old and the youngest daughter to Steven and Mary Beth Chapman was struck in the driveway of the Chapman home in Franklin, TN. Maria was rushed to Vanderbilt Childrens Hospital in Nashville, transported by LifeFlight, but died of her injuries there. Maria is one of the close knit family’s six children and one of their three adopted daughters.

More than five years ago, Chapman and his wife MaryBeth founded The Shaohannah’s Hope Ministry after bringing their first adopted daughter, Shaohannah, home from China. The ministry’s goal is to help families reduce the financial barrier of adoption, and has provided grants to over 1700 families wishing to adopt orphans from around the world. Chapman is a five-time GRAMMY ® winner and 54-time Dove Award winning artist who has sold over 10 million albums and garnered 44 No. 1 singles.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan;3010338;
    FOXNews.com - Report: Another Woman Caused Shania Twain Split - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment

Report: Another Woman Caused Shania Twain Split
    Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Shania Twain and her music producer husband are separating after 14 years of marriage due to his relationship with another woman, several sources told People magazine.

Twain's estranged husband, Robert "Mutt" Lange, told People the split was "an unfortunate thing." He added, "It's literally just a growing apart, that's all."

But sources close to the situation told People that Marie Ann Thiébaud, a longtime secretary and manager of the couple’s chateau in Switzerland, was at the center of the break-up.

"Mutt and Marie Ann left their spouses for each other and are still in a relationship," one source told People.

Lange denied the claims to the magazine.

"It's absolutely not the reason [for the separation]," the famously reclusive producer told People when asked about the alleged affair. He also denied that he was in a romantic relationship with Thiébaud: "I'm not, no," he said. "It's not true."

Twain, 42, and Lange, 59, married in 1993. They have a 6-year-old son, Eja (pronounced "Asia") D'Angelo.

An insider told People that Twain is "devastated. This came out of left field ... She loved him."

Twain is best known for her hits "Man! I Feel Like A Woman!" and "You're Still the One." Lange produced three of Twain's albums: 1995's "The Woman in Me," 1997's "Come on Over" and 2002's "Up!"
    Never trust a man whose name is "Mutt".

*threadjack*
    Bobofan, I LOVE Tater (Ron White)!!! His favorite line of mine is:
    "I had the right to remain silent, but not the ability"

He is one of my favorite comedians.

I'm with you, Tater for President!
    ----------------------------------------------

Unk, that's horrible. My heart goes out to him and his family. Especially the brother driving the car. He must feel just awful.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

What a heartbreaking story about the Chapman family....that poor brother..to have to live with that... My heart breaks for them all...
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3016103;
    *threadjack*
    Bobofan, I LOVE Tater (Ron White)!!! His favorite line of mine is:
    "I had the right to remain silent, but not the ability"

He is one of my favorite comedians.

I'm with you, Tater for President!
    Thank you myrosiedog! I always knew you were just too cool!

Singer Steven Curtis Chapman's Daughter Dies in Tragic Accident : People.com

Singer Steven Curtis Chapman's Daughter Dies in Tragic Accident
    By Rennie Dyball

Originally posted Thursday May 22, 2008 10:30 AM EDT

Grammy-winning Christian singer Steven Curtis Chapman suffered an unthinkable tragedy Wednesday when his 5-year-old daughter was killed in an accident involving her brother.

Chapman's youngest daughter, Maria Sue, was hit in the driveway of her family's Franklin, Tenn., home by an SUV driven by her teenage brother, the Associated Press reports. The brother, whose name was not released, apparently did not see the girl.

Several family members witnessed the accident, according to the AP. Maria Sue later died at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, hospital spokeswoman Laurie Holloway said.

"It looks like a tragic accident," said Laura McPherson, a spokeswoman for the Tennessee Highway Patrol. No charges are expected.

"Just hours before this close knit family was celebrating the engagement of the oldest daughter Emily Chapman, and were just hours away from a graduation party marking Caleb Chapman's completion of high school. Now, they are preparing to bury a child who blew out 5 candles on a birthday cake less than 10 days ago," Chapman's manager Jim Houser wrote on a blog dedicated to Maria that was set up for condolences. "These words are unthinkable to type."

Longtime advocates of international adoption, Chapman and his wife adopted three daughters from China, including Maria, and have three biological children as well.

"After our first trip to China, my wife and I knew our lives were changing our eyes and hearts were opening to how big God really is, and we have wanted to experience more of that," Chapman said on his Web site.

The singer also wrote a book about being a father titled Cinderella: The Love of Daddy and his Princess.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3016102;
    My heart breaks for the Chapman family. They are in my prayers.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I'm really sad to hear that Shania and her husband have split. I thought they were one of the couples that would really make it in the long run. Very sad for their little boy. I can hardly wait for Shania to kick Mutt's butt in court and in the music industry with a huge come-back.

Very, very sad about the Chapman little girl. How tragic and horrible to have your child die; especially in such an accident that could have been prevented. May the little one rest in peace.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan;3016308;
    Thank you myrosiedog! I always knew you were just too cool!
    I knew you were too!

Besides, who doesn't love Tater Salad??? I mean, he's probably the funniest Southern comedian to come around in a while. I like him even better than Foxworthy and Engvall who he travels with. And I loved those 2. We're so ancient around here that we still make "you might be a redneck" and "here's your sign" jokes.

I may be risking life and limb here, but I've never been a Shania fan. I'm sorry to hear her marriage is breaking up, but I've never really cared for her music. I'm old school country. Give me Johnny Cash, George Jones or Eddie Arnold any day. And Patsy Cline and Loretta Lynn were the ULTIMATE in female country singers.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread