+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 66 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Music News

Re: Miscellaneous Music News

I didn't mean it to come across as such an offensive term. I'm truly sorry. What I meant is that she does have a huge reputation of being an incredibly demanding diva. With Jay-Z she seems less concerned about being one and more concerned about just being happy. I'm sorry again. I didn't mean it the negative way it sounds.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Ahhh...nobody's mad at you. It was just the shock value of the phrase.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

National Ledger - Ashlee Simpson Pregnant: Pete Wentz to be a Daddy?

Ashlee Simpson Pregnant: Pete Wentz to be a Daddy?
    By Brenda Jones
    Apr 10, 2008

Are we ready to start looking for an Ashlee Simpson baby bump? Will the little sister of Jessica Simpson and her man Pete Wentz beat Jess and her beau Tony Romo to not only the altar but to the hospital delivery room as well. Reports are suggesting that the singer is with child.

Us Weekly magazine reports that one of the reasons for the big rush for Pete and Ashlee is a possible pregnancy. The report notes that they sought a comment from team Simpson but were shut down. Cue the repô: The rep had no comment on the pregnancy report, and referred the weekly entertainment magazine to Pete's website.

Ashlee would fit right in around Los Angeles if she were pregnant. The water is producing something in Hollywood as there is speculation that Beyonce Knowles and Jay Z are making room for a baby, however there has been no confirmation of that at all. Confirmed couples are scattered all over, though.

Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban are headed for a summer birth as is Jamie Lynn Spears and Casey Aldridge. Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are perhaps expecting twins and she is getting bigger by the day. Jessica Alba and Cash Warren are also expecting so if the speculation is true, Pete and Ashlee's possible little baby would have plenty of other little ones lined up for play dates.

I don't think that one's true, but they are officially engaged. So who knows? Maybe they are in fact expecting. I just don't buy it.

Vanilla Ice Busted After Meltdown With Wife - TMZ.com

Former rap star Vanilla Ice, real name Robert Van Winkle, was arrested tonight at his home after an alleged altercation with his wife.

Ice was booked by Palm Beach County Sheriff's deputies at 10:43 PM ET on a charge of domestic battery. Sources tell TMZ he got into an argument with his wife, Laura, and he pushed her.

Vanilla Ice is still in custody at Palm Beach County Jail. Palm Beach County Sheriff's tell TMZ that in most cases, people arrested for domestic violence are usually held over to see a judge. Looks like Mr. Van Winkle will spend a night in the pokey.
    CYA

MRD

Anyone read the article on Alicia Keys and her conspiracy theories? It was bizarre. She wears an AK-47 charm necklace now to show support to organizations like the Black Panthers.

Personally, I have a problem with conspiracy theories and her ideas sounded truly off the wall. And the charm thing also put me off.

I read it on Yahoo News.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I can't say I've heard of or read that theory, mrd. If it's true, it is truly offputting, but I highly doubt that's the case. At least I sincerely hope not.

MRD

I found the article again. Here it is.

I still have a hard time believing in most conspiracy theories. The problem with conspiracies is that when too many people know about them, then they no longer become a conspiracy, but become well known. Like when more than one person knows a secret, it's no longer secret.

Still this disturbed me about Keys.

Alicia Keys muses about 'gangsta rap,' Tupac Shakur and the Notorious B.I.G. - Yahoo! Canada News

Alicia Keys muses about 'gangsta rap,' Tupac Shakur and the Notorious B.I.G.

By The Associated Press

NEW YORK - There's another side to Alicia Keys: conspiracy theorist.

The Grammy-winning singer-songwriter tells Blender magazine: "'Gangsta rap' was a ploy to convince black people to kill each other. 'Gangsta rap' didn't exist."

Keys, 27, said she's read several Black Panther autobiographies and wears a gold AK-47 pendant around her neck "to symbolize strength, power and killing 'em dead," according to an interview in the magazine's May issue, on newsstands Tuesday.

Another of her theories: That the bicoastal feud between slain rappers Tupac Shakur and Notorious B.I.G. was fuelled "by the government and the media, to stop another great black leader from existing."

Keys' AK-47 jewelry came as a surprise to her mother, who is quoted as telling Blender: "She wears what? That doesn't sound like Alicia." Keys' publicist, Theola Borden, said Keys was on vacation and unavailable for comment.

Though she's known for her romantic tunes, she told Blender that she wants to write more political songs. If black leaders such as the late Black Panther Huey Newton "had the outlets our musicians have today, it'd be global. I have to figure out a way to do it myself," she said.

The multiplatinum songstress behind the hits "Fallin"' and "No One" most recently had success with her latest CD, "As I Am," which sold millions.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I read the article earlier mrd. All I can say is that I hope it's not true.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2913444;
    Anyone read the article on Alicia Keys and her conspiracy theories? It was bizarre. She wears an AK-47 charm necklace now to show support to organizations like the Black Panthers.

Personally, I have a problem with conspiracy theories and her ideas sounded truly off the wall. And the charm thing also put me off.

I read it on Yahoo News.

One thing that I do know is that the AK-47 pendant she wears is due to her nickname. "AK"....Alicia Keys I think we should be very careful of taking articles and sound bites at full face value. Reporters can have agendas and misconstrue, you know. I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, at this point in time.

I learned a phrase a long time ago "when you hear hoofed beats, think horses not zebras,"; understanding/applying that phrase has always served me well. The simple nickname explanation just makes more sense than the convoluted Black Panther theory.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 04-15-2008 at 10:24 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread