+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 66 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Music News

http://www.mtv.co.uk/channel/0612200...jay_z_to_marry

Beyonce' & Jay-Z To Marry?
    US reports say Hova and the Knowles are about to get hitched...
    Rumours are rife that mega music couple Beyonce and her man, Jay-Z are set to tie the knot in the next few days.

According to a report in the New York Post, a bash Bey has planned for Hova's 37th birthday this weekend, is actually a cover for their nuptials.

"Beyonce’s throwing Jay a four-day birthday party, but it's really a wedding,” a source told the paper.

Friends and family have been told to get their passports ready for the party which will kick off on a yacht off the Caribbean isle of St Barts, this Friday.

And insiders say once the guests arrive they'll be ferried over to nearby Anguilla for a wedding ceremony at the island’s five star Cap Juluca resort.

If the news is true it will top off an amazing year for the couple who've been going out for four years.

Not only has Beyonce had solo success with her second album 'B’Day', she’s also been touted for an Oscar for her role in upcoming flick, 'Dreamgirls'.

Jay-Z meanwhile has come out of rap retirement to serious critical acclaim - he's wowed fans with new album 'Kingdom Come' and an all-star, sell-out show at the Royal Albert Hall.

However, it was a different story earlier in the week when the couple were rumoured to be breaking up after music fans spotted these lyrics in a new Jay-Z track called, 'Lost One'.

"I don't think it's meant to be, B/ For she loves the work more than she does me/ And, honestly, at 23, I would probably love my work more than I did she/ "So we ain't we, it's me and her."

Hmm... Well it's worth noting that Bey is actually 25 now and that she can afford to rest on her success for a while. Either way, we wish we could be a fly on the yacht's wall this weekend. It's going to be one helluva bash...

To watch the latest MTV News bulletins in Overdrive, click on the link above...

SLJ

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    http://people.aol.com/people/article...566737,00.html

Connie Nielsen, Lars Ulrich Expecting
    WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 06, 2006 03:20PM EST

Gladiator actress Connie Nielsen and Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich are expecting their first child together, PEOPLE has confirmed.

"They are ecstatic," Nielsen's rep, Joy Limanon, tells PEOPLE. The baby is due in the early summer.

This year, the Danish-born, New York-based Nielsen, 42, appeared as Detective Dani Beck on NBC's Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. She costarred with Russell Crowe in 2000's Gladiator and will next be seen playing a journalist in Iraq in the February drama The Situation.

She and Ulrich, also 42 and a Denmark native, have been dating for about two years.

Nielsen has a 16-year-old son, Sebastian, from a previous marriage; Ulrich is the father of sons Myles, 8, and Layne, 5, also from a previous marriage.

Last year, Nielsen told PEOPLE that dating Ulrich hadn't upped her rock credibility with her son. "He's not impressed whatsoever," she said. "It'd be better if (Lars) was a guy struggling to sell CDs out of a suitcase at Grand Central Station. But Metallica? Not impressed."

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Now that's what I call a DUET
    --------------------------------

Diana Krall and Elvis Costello Welcome Twins!

Singers Diana Krall and Elvis Costello welcomed twins on Dec. 6, PEOPLE has learned.

Boys Dexter Henry Lorcan and Frank Harlan James were born in New York City, according to a rep for the couple, who adds, "Mother and sons are doing splendidly."

Krall and Costello said in a statement, "We are ecstatic!"

The babies are something of a third-anniversary gift for Krall, 42, and Costello, 52, who wed in London on Dec. 5, 2003.

In September, Krall told PEOPLE she's genetically disposed to a double delivery: "I have twins on my mother's side as well."

And she knew even then that she wouldn't dress her kids up in matching outfits: "Nah," she said with a laugh, "I won't be doing that."

http://people.aol.com/people/article...568293,00.html
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

So nice to see positive news about stars for a change. Here's to beautiful and healthy babies!

Nicole Richie Arrested for DUI

I can't understand this for the life of me. Why do these "celebrities" keep getting arrested for DUI? They have money, therefore they can certainly afford to call for a "Limo!"

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,235862,00.html
    Nicole Richie Arrested for DUI
    Monday, December 11, 2006

Hollywood "it" girl Nicole Richie was arrested for driving under the influence Monday morning.
    Richie, 25, the daughter of singer Lionel Richie, was booked at 4:50 a.m. in Glendale, Calif., and was released around 7:15 a.m., TMZ reported.

California Highway Patrol Officer Todd Workman told FOXNews.com that officers received a 911 call about a black SUV traveling the wrong way on the 134 freeway in Burbank around 12:30 a.m.

Click here to read the California Highway Patrol's statement.

When the California Highway Patrol responded, Richie was stopped in the carpool lane and was alone in the vehicle. When cops approached the vehicle, Richie was on her cell phone.

"She failed the field sobriety test at the field, so she was placed under arrest," Workman said. "And she provided a sample for testing later on."

She was arrested on charges of violating California Vehicle Code Section 23152a, driving while under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs, and taken to the Glendale Police Department in Glendale, Calif., to be processed, Workman said.

The booking sheet reveals Richie is 5-foot-1 and 85 pounds, according to TMZ.

Law enforcement officers told TMZ Richie admitted she had taken Vicodin and smoked pot. A preliminary alcohol screening device revealed that Richie was not under the influence of alcohol.

This is not the first brush Richie has had with substance abuse. In 2003, she pled guilty to heroin possession. The charges were dismissed after she completed the terms of her probation.

Richie rose to fame on the FOX reality show "The Simple Life," on which she co-starred with best friend Paris Hilton. The star continues to battle rumors that she has an eating disorder.

The pair will star as camp counselors in the latest season of "The Simple Life," which airs on E! in the spring.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2169176;
    http://people.aol.com/people/article...566737,00.html

Connie Nielsen, Lars Ulrich Expecting
    WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 06, 2006 03:20PM EST
    I misread this as saying Leslie Nielsen was expecting!
    Connie Nielsen is a great actress & this is good news all around.

Did anyone else read Beyonce's quote about her role in Dreamgirls (Deena) versus the role played by Jennifer Hudson (Effie)? There has been a lot of advance praise for Jennifer Hudson's portrayal of Effie. Beyonce was responding to questions of her having a rivalry with Hudson and she said

I knew that the character that I played wasn't the star...She wasn't the underdog. She didn't have the struggle and the pain and the dramatic scenes that Effie had, and I was fine with that... I'm already a star. I already have nine Grammys. Everyone knows I can sing.I did this because I wanted people to know that I can act and I can play someone so different from myself...It's really unfortunate that everyone is saying I'm jealous of Jennifer. It hurts my heart because it's so clichéd. … They're saying that I'm mad when I knew going into this that I was playing Deena...Because I'm a star they just automatically assume that I'm not humble enough to sit down and take a back seat, which I am.... I mean...I wish I could've gained 20 pounds and played Effie.
    From People Online (I took out the descriptive parts but kept her words): http://people.aol.com/people/article...565678,00.html

She says she's humble, but she calls herself a star and praises her accomplishments etc. She comes off as anything but humble. And then there's the little dig at the end about Hudson being bigger. Never mentioning that she herself lost 20 pounds to play the role of Deena. If she had stayed the same weight she still wouldn't have been playing Effie so why mention it? She should follow the dictum laid out by her current single and realize she's not irreplaceable herself.
    Last edited by CCL; 12-11-2006 at 03:40 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Beyone is certainly talented but lives a life of privilege that most don't get. Therefore she still has the 'star" mentality IMO. Her comments prove she is not really all that humble.

I'm afraid for Nicole Richie. At 85 pounds, I'm amazed she not in some kind of care already. Her body organs could shut down. I'm 5'3" was was down to 95 at one time. Everything hurt, I was cold all the time and didn't have the strength to open a bag of chips. And yes, I did think I was still a bit fat.

Maybe if Nicole smokes more pot she'll get some munchies, eat, and put on some weight. But that won't keep her out of jail.

CCL: good thing Leslie Nielson isn't expecting...that would definitely be a miracle and a #1 hit movie!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2175183;
    She says she's humble, but she calls herself a star and praises her accomplishments etc. She comes off as anything but humble. And then there's the little dig at the end about Hudson being bigger. Never mentioning that she herself lost 20 pounds to play the role of Deena. If she had stayed the same weight she still wouldn't have been playing Effie so why mention it? She should follow the dictum laid out by her current single and realize she's not irreplaceable herself.
    I read the article in People CCL and thought the exact same thing...I'm a star, I have nine awards...

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Hudson is a better singer and much more gracious. I can't stand B. She's full of it.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2176738;
    Hudson is a better singer and much more gracious. I can't stand B. She's full of it.
    Ditto. I have to restrain myself from full-on Beyonce bashing.

+ Reply to Thread