+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 66 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Music News

Re: Miscellaneous Music News

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;2889306;
    Yes, yes he is. But darn it all if I don't enjoy many of their songs

Has Beyonce ever dated anyone else?

Rumoured wedding for Beyonce and Jay-Z

If it looks like a wedding, it must be a wedding, and that's what People and Us magazine reported Saturday by declaring powerhouse music couple Beyoncé Knowles and Jay-Z married.

Media were buzzing around the hip-hop mogul's New York penthouse in Tribeca on Friday.

Attachment 23971
    Beyoncé and Jay-Z, performing at the BET Awards in June 2006, have reportedly tied the knot in New York City at Jay-Z's penthouse.

Truckloads of white flowers and furniture were apparently spotted pulling into the apartment's garage earlier on Friday with celebs such as Gwyneth Paltrow and her husband, Chris Martin, also driving into the garage.

Towering silver candelabras stood guard on the street while a white tent was visible on the roof of the building, the Us magazine website reported.

Beyoncé, 25, and Jay-Z, 37, have been dodging marriage rumours for years. Gossip websites went into a frenzy this week after it was reported the duo got a marriage licence on Tuesday in Scarsdale, N.Y.

People quotes a close friend as confirming the wedding, though neither side has sent out any official statements. The source said that Jay-Z, whose real name is Shawn Carter, "wanted it to be a really private affair" with close friends and family.

Others on the guest list included Beyoncé's mother, Tina, her father/manager, Matthew, sister Solange and fellow Destiny's Child members Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams.

The couple, who have been together since 2002, reportedly arrived at 8 p.m. local time on Friday and the party went on until 3 a.m. Saturday.

Reports said an April 4 wedding makes sense since the pair are obsessed with the number 4.

Beyoncé was born on Sept. 4 while Jay-Z's birthday lands on Dec. 4. The rapper named his club 40/40, and the two also have matching "IV" tattoos on their ring fingers.

Rumoured wedding for Beyonce and Jay-Z
    Last edited by misskitty; 05-12-2008 at 05:21 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The "IV' tatoos are stupid.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It's interesting how it's all speculation/rumour, but pretty much not at the same time. It was so low-key that it makes you wonder how other celebrities' wedding get so leaked to the public. Perhaps those leaks just aren't so accidental.

Good on their wedding. I hope they last and aren't doomed for splitsville like it seems so many long-term couples are who get married then weirdly divorced a short time later.

I say if it ain't broke, don't fix it!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2898571;
    It was so low-key that it makes you wonder how other celebrities' wedding get so leaked to the public. Perhaps those leaks just aren't so accidental.

Good on their wedding. I hope they last and aren't doomed for splitsville like it seems so many long-term couples are who get married then weirdly divorced a short time later.
    I was thinking the SAME thing. Good for the two of them that, apparently they wanted a low-key wedding, and managed to have it.

The WAY they handled it makes me feel as though these two just might be the real deal and hopefully, this marriage WILL last longer than 6 minutes!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I hope so. I love that Beyonce is so over the top and yet her wedding was probably one of the most simple ones to date in terms of celebrity weddings. I'm sure Jay-Z had a lot to do with that. But heck if he can tame her like that.. I'm impressed!!

I love those two and how they have managed to keep people out of their business. I wish them happiness.

"tame her???" "tame her???" Sorry...., hope I don't offend you with my shock! I'm just floored at the expression!!! Personally, I hope nothing like that is going on...talk about a sure way to run somebody off......

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Mt eyebrows were a little raised, too. I have never heard that Beyonce' was a diva or difficult, or anything but a good person who also performs. Maybe I'm just a pollyanna though.

+ Reply to Thread