+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 66 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Music News

Re: Miscellaneous Music News

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2860196;
    It IS possible to be sexy and alluring in a video without looking like a complete tramp!
    Not only possible, but sexier. Someday perhaps some of these gals will get it that sex appeal comes from the inside out.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

He looks wicked!

Access Hollywood

Richie Sambora Arrested On Suspicion Of DUI

LAGUNA BEACH, Calif. --
    Richie Sambora has been arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol in Laguna Beach, Calif., Access Hollywood has confirmed.

The Bon Jovi guitarist was stopped by Laguna Beach police at 10:52 PM on Tuesday after police allegedly saw Sambora “weaving” in a black Hummer, authorities told Access.

There was also three female passengers in the vehicle at the time of the arrest, two of whom were minors, according to the Associated Press.

Sambora was ordered to perform both verbal and manual field sobriety tests on the scene, all of which he failed, police told Access.

He was detained for suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and taken to the Laguna Beach police department, where he was given a blood test. Police also told Access that Sambora chose to have the blood test.

TMZ.com was the first outlet to report the news.

The rocker, who had two stints in rehab in 2007, was released around 4 AM on Wednesday on his own recognizance with a promise to appear in court on May 7.

His black Hummer was released to one of the female passengers.

When contacted by Access Hollywood, a rep for Sambora was not immediately available for comment.
    Attached Images Attached Images

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Here's more in regard to it....so sad....

Link Here

Richie Sambora was arrested on a DUI charge in Laguna Beach, Calif., Tuesday night after he was pulled over with his girlfriend and 10-year-old daughter in the car.

The Bon Jovi guitarist was stopped around 10:52 p.m. after police said they spotted him weaving on the road, according Laguna Beach Police Sgt. Jason Kravetz tells PEOPLE. Sambora was driving a Hummer and was with his girlfriend, daughter Ava (whose mother is ex-wife Heather Locklear) and another unidentified juvenile girl.

Sambora was given a blood alcohol test – "He smelled of alcohol," Kravetz says – and he was "quiet and cooperative and he didn't cause any problems," he added.

Sambora was later released from custody on his own recognizance at about 4 a.m. He is scheduled to appear in court for arraignment on May 7.

"At this point there's no indication of drugs," Kravetz told TMZ.com, which first reported the arrest.

A rep for Sambora had no immediate comment.

A friend who knows Sambora and Locklear tells PEOPLE the news of the musician's arrest is "shocking."

The friend, who hasn't spoken to Sambora since the incident, said the fact that his daughter, Ava, was also in the car is "almost too much to believe. He adores her and is very protective her. All I can think is that he made a stupid miscalculation."

In June 2007, Sambora entered a treatment facility. "I was just drinking too much and I needed to get my life together," he said during a Today show appearance. "I'm still in therapy and stuff like that, but it's good. I'm great. I feel fine."

Last year was a difficult one for the musician, 48. He and actress Denise Richards broke up after dating for about a year. In April, his divorce from Locklear was finalized and that same month, his father died of lung cancer.

As for Sambora's band obligations, his next tour date with Bon Jovi was slated for Monday in Denver.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2876095;
    The headline I saw on this said: "Look what the cops dragged in".
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Why do all these people look, well, old, beaten, ugly and scary?

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2878358;
    Why do all these people look, well, old, beaten, ugly and scary?
    Years of abuse to their bodies with drugs and alcohol. Hard living.

Heck, look at Keith Richards.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

LG.

It is a shame that Sambora was arrested for DUI with his daughter in the car. That poor kid doesn't need to go through that.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

What an idiot.

Chad Kroeger : News : People.com

Chad Kroeger, the lead singer for the rock band Nickelback, was convicted of drunk driving in Vancouver on Tuesday, the Associated Press reports.

The charges stem from an early morning arrest in Surrey, British Columbia on June 22, 2006. Kroeger was pulled over by police for driving his Lamborghini 100 m.p.h. through a residential neighborhood. Police say that Kroeger's eyes appeared red and glossy, and that he handed the officer a credit card when asked for his driver's license.

During the trial, Kroeger's attorney petitioned that the Breathalyzer test – Kroeger blew a .14, almost twice the legal limit of .08 – be thrown out. The judge overruled the motion, and the results were admitted into evidence.

Kroeger was not in court when the verdict was read, but the judge wants him to appear for the May 1 sentencing. He faces a one-year suspension of his license and a $600 fine.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/02/ar....html?ref=arts

Sean Levert, One-Third of the 1980s R&B Trio LeVert, Dies at 39

By ASSOCIATED PRESS
    Published: April 2, 2008
    CLEVELAND (AP) — Sean Levert, one-third of the 1980s R&B trio LeVert and a son of the lead singer of the O’Jays, Eddie Levert, died on Sunday after falling ill while serving a jail term. He was 39.

An autopsy was inconclusive about a cause of death, according to the Cuyahoga County coroner’s office, but foul play has been ruled out. He died at Lutheran Hospital in Cleveland late Sunday, less than an hour after he was taken there from the jail, said the coroner, Frank Miller. Mr. Levert was sentenced last week to one year and 10 months in jail for failing to pay $89,025 in child support.

Sean and Gerald Levert formed LeVert in the 1980s with a childhood friend, Marc Gordon. Their hits included “Baby I’m Ready,” “(Pop, Pop, Pop, Pop) Goes My Mind” and “Casanova.” “Casanova” was nominated for a Grammy in 1988 for best R&B performance by a duo or group with vocal. It was also nominated for best R&B song.

Gerald Levert had success as a solo artist after leaving their trio; he died in 2006 at age 40 of an accidental mix of prescription and over-the-counter drugs.

Sean Levert found a new partner last year and was trying to revive the group.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread