+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 66 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Music News

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Music News

What is point of all of the rudeness in our society? There was no good reason for that evil article about Lisa Marie's weight....other than hatefulness.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2830920;
    What is point of all of the rudeness in our society? There was no good reason for that evil article about Lisa Marie's weight....other than hatefulness.
    Actually, what I've wondered is what the deal is with this recent pattern with celebs not wanting their pregnancies public.

True, they shouldn't exactly be putting out press releases about it, but its almost like a game these days, where they go out in public for photo ops, and then act all surprised and offended when people start talking "pregnancy". Although in Lisa Marie's particular case I guess she was more upset that they WEREN'T.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I dont understand her reaction at all. IF she'd merely kept quiet for a few more weeks, the evidence would have been obvious and then the press would have had egg on their faces and looked like the idiots that they are. She should have smiled, said nothing, and waited. Why not let them shoot themselves in the foot? Lisa would have had the last laugh without lashing out.

Wow. Vaguely music related.

Spitzer's call girl is a crappy hip hop artist.

Ashley Alexandra Dupré - MySpace.com - Ashley Alexandra Dupré - NEW YORK, New York - R&B / Soul / Pop - www.myspace.com/ninavenetta

Her self-description on that page:

About Ashley Alexandra Dupré
    I am all about my music, and my music is all about me… It flows from what I’ve been through, what I’ve seen and how I feel. I live in New York and am on top of the world. Been here since 2004 and I love this city, I love my life here. But, my path has not been easy. When I was 17, I left home. It was my decision and I’ve never looked back. Left my hometown. Left a broken family. Left abuse. Left an older brother who had already split. Left and learned what it was like to have everything, and lose it, again and again. Learned what it was like to wake up one day and have the people you care about most gone. I have been alone. I have abused drugs. I have been broke and homeless. But, I survived, on my own. I am here, in NY because of my music. It started when I moved in with a musician during my odyssey to New York. One day, I was in the shower singing “respect.” He and his lead guitarist burst in, had me repeat it and it started. We wrote, rehearsed and toured. After recording a bit with them, I decided to move to Manhattan to pursue my music career. I spent the first two years getting to know the music scene, networking in clubs and connecting with the industry. Now, it’s all about my music. It’s all about expressing me. I can sit here now, and knowingly tell you that life’s hard sometimes. But, I made it. I’m still here and I love who I am. If I never went through the hard times, I would not be able to appreciate the good ones. Cliché, yes, but I know it’s true. I have experienced just how hard it can be. I can honestly tell you to never dwell on the past, but build from it and keep moving forward. Don’t let anyone hold you back or tell you that you can’t…because you can. I didn’t and here I am, just listen to it…. What we Want is my latest track. It’s really about trust, something my past has made very difficult for me to feel. This one was inspired by a guy, who taught me not to confuse my dreams with the sounds of the city…I hope you like it.
    I created my own profile using nUCLEArcENTURy.COM and you should too!

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2838584;
    Wow. Vaguely music related.

Spitzer's call girl is a crappy hip hop artist.

Ashley Alexandra Dupré - MySpace.com - Ashley Alexandra Dupré - NEW YORK, New York - R&B / Soul / Pop - www.myspace.com/ninavenetta

Her self-description on that page:
    Here is what you get if you click that link now:

Invalid Friend ID.
    This user has either cancelled their membership, or their account has been deleted.

Good thing I copied that "bio" written by her before that happened.

I also got to listen to her music. Ick. No big loss to not hear it anymore.

There were also just beginning to be a lot of "you go girl" type friend comments, although Dupre herself hadn't updated the page to acknowledge anything was going on.

I'm definitely in the camp that believes the John should be prosecuted as much, or more, than the prostitute (the law tends to see it the other way around--to the point that most of the rich, white clients get away with being embarrassed but only minor charges). But Dupre is no victim here. She lives in a really expensive apartment, and she's not supporting that from her "hip hop career".

Abba drummer found dead

Comcast.net Music - Abba Drummer Found Dead in His Garden

Abba Drummer Found Dead in His Garden
    By CIARAN GILES, AP

MADRID, Spain — A former drummer for the Swedish pop band ABBA was found dead with cuts to his neck in the garden of his house on the Spanish island of Mallorca. Police said Monday an autopsy showed it was an accident.

A neighbor found the body of 62-year-old Ola Brunkert on Sunday evening at his house in a coastal area outside the eastern town of Arta, a Civil Guard spokesman told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity.

He said an autopsy was carried out and confirmed initial investigations. "It was an accident," he said.

The spokesman said Brunkert hit his head against a glass door in his dining room, shattering the glass and cutting himself in the neck. He managed to wrap a towel around his neck and left the house to seek help, but collapsed in the garden.

Brunkert lived in the coastal apartment complex of Betlem in the municipality of Arta, in the eastern part of Mallorca.

Brunkert had lived in Arta for around 20 years. His wife, Inger. died less than a year ago, an Arta municipal official told the AP. She spoke on condition of anonymity because she was not authorized to discuss the case.

ABBA band member Benny Anderson told Swedish daily Expressen he was sad to hear of the drummer's death. "It is tragic," he said.

Band member Bjorn Ulvaeus added that Brunkert had been "one of the best."

"I remember him as a good friend when we worked together in the mid-1970s. He was a very creative musician who contributed a lot when we toured together and worked in the studio," Ulvaeus told Expressen.

According to ABBA's official Web site, Brunkert and bass player Rutger Gunnarsson were the only musicians to appear on all ABBA albums.

Brunkert first played with ABBA on the group's first single, "People Need Love," and toured with the band in 1977, 1979 and 1980.

He had been a jazz drummer and a member of the blues band Slim's Blues Gang, before joining pop group Science Poption in the mid-1960s.

ABBA, with the four regular members Agnetha Faltskog, Anni-Frid Lyngstad, Ulvaeus and Andersson, was one of the world's most successful bands, with album sales of more than 370 million. The group has not performed together since 1982, but continues to sell nearly 3 million records a year.

___
    Wow, freak accident.

Rest In Peace
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

That is a strange story. I hope we hear more about the cause of his death.

I saw Mariah Carey's new music video for her song "Touch My Body" the other day. It caught my attention because it features the nerdy guy from the show 30 Rock, who I find hilarious.

Anyway, what is wrong with Mariah Carey!?!? She is a beautiful woman, but she is in her late 30s now and she needs to start trying to promote a "grown up" image. It IS possible to be sexy and alluring in a video without looking like a complete tramp! And then today there is an article out on cnn.com (Mariah Carey: Sexed-up image makes me look 'ditzy' - CNN.com) where she admits that her "sexed-up" image makes her look "ditzy". If she realizes this, why the heck doesn't she do something about it!?!?

I find it infuriating that she has an opportunity to be a positive female role model and chooses to be a negative role model instead.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Link Here

The husband of British soul singer Corinne Bailey Rae was found dead in an apartment in Leeds, England, the BBC reports.

A spokesman for West Yorkshire Police said officers were called to the home where they found saxophonist Jason Rae, 31, Saturday afternoon.

In connection with the case, a 32-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of supplying controlled drugs, and was since released on bail, according to police.

Reports say that Rae was the victim of a suspected overdose, however, results of a post mortem exam were inconclusive. Police are awaiting the results of a toxicology report, according to the BBC.

Rae had been scheduled to play a gig with his band The Haggis Horns at the HiFi Club in Leeds Sunday. The show has been canceled.

Bailey Rae, 29, and her husband met when the singer worked in as a coat room attendant at a jazz club in Leeds. They married in 2001.

Bailey Rae's record label offered condolences to the singer in a statement released Sunday, saying, "EMI Records would like to offer its sincere condolences to Corinne Bailey Rae and the Rae family at this tragic time. We ask that the media respects Corinne's privacy and that of her entire family."
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread