+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 66 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Music News

Re: Miscellaneous Music News

Aretha Franklin was crowned this year's worst-dressed celebrity by PETA.

Tennessean.com
    NEW YORK (AP) -- PETA thinks Aretha Franklin is no queen of soul when it comes to wearing fur. Franklin was crowned this year's worst-dressed celebrity by the animal rights organization. Her crime: wearing "yet another vulgar fur" at the Grammy Awards.

"... you looked as if you were going to perform `I Am the Walrus' by the Beatles," People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals said Wednesday of Franklin's appearance. "You might be a queen, but you don't know jack about compassion."

"How 'bout some R-E-S-P-E-C-T for animals?" PETA added.

The other offenders are Marilyn Manson, Eva Longoria ("in her trashy furs, she looks like the streetwalker of Wisteria Lane"), Lindsay Lohan, Kate Moss and Kylie Minogue.

PETA called Minogue cold-blooded for toting a python purse. As for Lohan, the group remarked: "`I Know Who Killed Me' isn't just the title of Lindsay Lohan's latest bomb, it's the cry of the animals snuffed out so this `Mean Girl' can pose in their pelts."

Christina Ricci, Martha Stewart and Alicia Keys have said they've given up wearing fur since being singled out by PETA in previous years.

PETA asked people to vote on the Web site Fur Is Dead.

The group said it took Britney Spears out the running because they didn't want to kick her while she's down.

The fur wasn't nearly as hideous as that yellow dress she was wearing.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;2805888;
    The fur wasn't nearly as hideous as that yellow dress she was wearing.
    Girl needs some breast reduction. That can't be good for her spinal health!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2805896;
    Girl needs some breast reduction. That can't be good for her spinal health!
    I believe that is a big reason why Dolly Parton recently postponed her world tour.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Link Here

Pop singer Aaron Carter was arrested for investigation of marijuana possession Thursday after he was pulled over for speeding in Texas, authorities said.

Carter, 20, the younger brother of Nick Carter from the Backstreet Boys, was in jail in Junction, Texas, awaiting a Friday morning appearance before a magistrate, Kimble County Sheriff Mike Chapman tells PEOPLE.

Carter's Cadillac Escalade was pulled over for speeding in Junction at about noon on Thursday, said Chapman.

Officers found marijuana in the car, the sheriff said. There was nobody else in the car.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Link Here

It's double the baby joy for Jennifer Lopez and husband Marc Anthony: They're the proud new parents of twins, a boy and a girl, Lopez's manager tells PEOPLE exclusively.

The babies were born early Friday in Long Island, N.Y. The girl was born at 12:12 a.m. and weighed 5 lbs. 7 oz., and the boy followed at 12:23 a.m., weighing 6 lbs.

"Jennifer and Marc are delighted, thrilled and over the moon," Lopez's manager Simon Fields tells PEOPLE exclusively.

They're the first children for Lopez, 38, and the fourth and fifth for Anthony, 39. The couple celebrated the impending births with a baby shower in New York on Jan. 19. "They were just beaming the entire time," said one partygoer.

Longtime friend Leah Remini calls Lopez "a born mom" and very nurturing. "With our daughter, she's so great. I mean, lets her go in her closet and play with her coats or her jewelry. She's just so giving and loving," Remini said.

Lopez announced her pregnancy Nov. 8, telling the crowd during her final Miami concert: "Marc and I are expecting a baby!" The news of twins was finally confirmed by Lopez's dad earlier this month, in an interview on Spanish-language television.

During the early weeks of her pregnancy, Lopez skillfully ducked the question, even when appearing on TV in October with Diane Sawyer and with David Letterman.

Lopez shrugged off the secrecy, telling Harper's Bazaar, "I kind of feel like everybody knew anyway. I was on tour with a bubble gut!"

And being tight lipped has long been Lopez's style. When she married Anthony in June 2004, her rep would neither confirm nor deny the nuptials had taken place.

What are not being kept secret are Lopez's plans now that she's a mother. As she told Harper's, the hard-working performer intends to take time off.

"Once I did the tour," she said, "I really just wanted to shut it down, and since then I've had to do three things, including a video. It may not sound like a lot, but you know, as this point, any woman can sympathize. It is a lot. I was ready just to sit."
    CONGRATULATIONS! Can't wait to see pictures of them!!

Link Here

Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony's newborn twins are named Max and Emme, Lopez's manager Simon Fields officially confirms to PEOPLE.

The new parents welcomed their son and daughter on Feb. 22. Emme was born at 12:12 a.m. and weighed 5 lbs. 7 oz., and Max followed at 12:23 a.m., weighing 6 lbs.

Already gifts have been pouring in for the twins, including pillows and baby carriers from Baby K'tan in Fort Lauderdale with their names embroidered on them, a source tells PEOPLE.

The twins are the first children for Lopez, 38, and the fourth and fifth for Anthony, 39.

So I guess if J Lo's kid plays with Xtina's somebody's gonna need a nickname.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

The estate of Conway Twitty will apparently never be left to rest in peace along with him.

Widow slams lawsuit filed by Conway Twitty's children

NASHVILLE, Tennessee (AP) -- The children of the late Conway Twitty have sued Sony/ATV for a share of royalties and publishing copyrights for the country artist's music.

The lawsuit filed in chancery court this week claims the children didn't understand the agreement when Twitty sold his music publishing and sound recording interests to Sony-Tree in March 1990, three years before he died.

But his widow, Dee Jenkins, disagreed with her stepchildren.

They fought a 14-year legal battle over his estate after his death, which the children eventually lost.

She said Friday that the family knew what they signed 18 years ago and that their lawsuit has dishonored their father's memory.

But his daughter, Joni Jenkins Riels, said that nothing was explained and that they didn't know what rights they were giving up.

"Dad had a long relationship with Sony. We tried to work with them, but it didn't work out. So, we had to file the lawsuit," Riels said Friday.

The children could get more than $100,000 a year from the recordings if they were to get the copyrights back, says Rose Palermo, a lawyer for his estate, who added that she was concerned about the claims in the lawsuit.

"I'm somewhat astounded that they make an allegation that they didn't know what they were doing," Palermo said. "He (Twitty) was supporting his children. And at the time, he was giving some of them $50,000 a year in salaries and a free place to live.

"To make this allegation is a direct slam at Conway, who was one of the most honorable and decent guys that I've known in the music business," she said.

Duff Berschback, representing Sony/ATV, declined to comment, saying he hadn't reviewed the lawsuit.

Twitty, whose real name was Harold Jenkins, died after a 30-year career with 40 No. 1 hits, including "Hello Darlin"' and "Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man," a duet with Loretta Lynn.
    Last edited by Nemeses; 03-02-2008 at 01:45 AM.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Lisa Marie Presley Pregnant

TBO.com - News From AP
    Presley: Not Happy to Announce Pregnancy

NEW YORK (AP) -- Lisa Marie Presley wanted to keep her pregnancy private, but felt she had to say something when photos of her looking heavier were ridiculed in the news media.

"After being the target all week of slanderous and degrading stories, horribly manipulated pictures and articles in the media, I have had to show my cards and announce under the gun and under vicious personal attack that I am in fact pregnant," the 40-year-old singer wrote on her MySpace page.

Presley and her husband, music producer Michael Lockwood, are expecting a baby next fall, her spokeswoman, Cindy Guagenti, said Friday. It will be the third child for Presley, who has two children from her marriage to ex-husband Danny Keough.

The announcement comes several days after photos of Presley - daughter of Elvis Presley and actress Priscilla - eating lunch in Los Angeles made the media rounds, with the London newspaper The Daily Mail asking: "Like father like daughter? Bloated Lisa Marie is now the double of dad Elvis."

Guagenti told The Associated Press: "I mean, if you read some of the stories it's like, `she's gonna die like her father,' `her and her mom are in a fight because of her weight' - that's not true at all. It's just awful stuff."

Presley, who was once married to Michael Jackson and Nicolas Cage too, said she was "seething" over speculation on her weight gain.

"You KNOW if you were pregnant and you felt you were expanding uncontrollably by the moment as a result, and the worldwide media started badgering and harassing you for it, plastering you everywhere in an unflattering light, you would be mortified as well," she said.

+ Reply to Thread