+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 66 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Music News

Re: Miscellaneous Music News

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2794858;
    How could we miss her? She was dressed as Big Bird.

It is 5am. I log on to see that photo first thing? Good Lord. Well at least the day can only get better from here.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2795842;
    It is 5am. I log on to see that photo first thing? Good Lord. Well at least the day can only get better from here.
    I know, scared me too. I dont think I need coffee now. I'm WIDE awake!

You can't just sing about respect, you have to behave well in order to command that respect. She did not behave well at all.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My two cents - Aretha is the Queen of Soul, Elvis was the King of Rock N Roll, Little Richard is the Architect of Rock N Roll, Dean Martin was the King of Cool. Out of respect others do not get the title. I do see where Aretha is coming from, even if it does appear petty.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

True fans of Aretha understand this, and get where she's coming from. I'm betting that even Tina Turner gets this. Some things are just accepted, and this is one of them....like Little Richard, like Elvis, like Dean. Nicely put, gabriel!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2795885;
    My two cents - Aretha is the Queen of Soul, Elvis was the King of Rock N Roll, Little Richard is the Architect of Rock N Roll, Dean Martin was the King of Cool. Out of respect others do not get the title. I do see where Aretha is coming from, even if it does appear petty.
    Others don't get those titles, but they certainly do get similair titles. MichaelJackson is the king of pop. Prince is his royal purpleness. Britney Spears was the pop princess.

Beyonce did not bestow anyone else's title on Tina. She didn't call her the queen of soul.

Out of respect others do not get the title. I do see where Aretha is coming from, even if it does appear petty.
    True fans of Aretha understand this, and get where she's coming from. I'm betting that even Tina Turner gets this. Some things are just accepted, and this is one of them....
    But the actual "Queen of Soul" title wasn't used, if I remember correctly. Beyonce called her "The Queen". That's all. That's why its petty--its not that anyone was disputing Aretha's use of the title or even the presumption that no one else be called it. She "owns" "Queen of Soul" NOT "Queen". And probably NOBODY would have even noticed this so called infringement if Aretha hadn't brought it up. Come the day after the Grammys everyone STILL would have thought of Aretha as the Queen of Soul and probably nobody would have even remembered, or identified, Tina Turner with any kind of Queenish title, because it would have been totally forgotten about. Aretha has shot herself in the foot here, she's created the problem she complained about by the very act of complaining--she's forced the association into minds now and it wouldn't have been there otherwise.

EDIT - The EXACT quote:
    "Ladies and gentlemen. Stand on your feet and give it up for the queen."

Knowles Senior checks in on this:

www.kansascity.com | 02/15/2008 | Beyonce's dad weighs in on 'queen' flap

Beyonce's dad weighs in on 'queen' flap
    The Associated Press

Beyonce's father says Aretha Franklin's criticism of his daughter for referring to Tina Turner as "the Queen" at the Grammys is "ridiculous."

On Tuesday, the Queen of Soul let everyone know her royal feathers were ruffled when Beyonce called Turner "The Queen" before their joint performance Sunday at the Grammys. Franklin, who also performed at the ceremony, was sitting in the audience: Beyonce did reference her along with other top female singers before introducing Turner.

"I am not sure of whose toes I may have stepped on or whose ego I may have bruised between the Grammy writers and Beyonce," Franklin said in a statement issued by her publicist. "However, I dismissed it as a cheap shot for controversy."

However, in an interview with CelebTV.com posted Wednesday, Matthew Knowles, Beyonce's father and manager, said: "I am not taking something this ridiculous to Beyonce. Beyonce referred to Tina Turner as a 'queen.' Not queen of gospel, queen of soul, queen of blues, Queen of England. I consider my wife a queen and sometimes call her that. Does Aretha have a problem with that?"

Beyonce's representative did not respond to a request from The Associated Press seeking comment.

An e-mail request for comment from Franklin's representative was not immediately returned. However, in her statement on Tuesday, Franklin made clear she wasn't holding a grudge toward Beyonce, ending her statement by giving the Grammys thanks and "love to Beyonce anyway."
    Last edited by Krom; 02-15-2008 at 11:29 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Isn't it time to put this circle jerk to bed? It's well past boring. Everybody seems to be just trying to keep their name in the media.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 02-16-2008 at 12:20 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Michael Jackson is the King of Pop only because Michael Jackson dubbed himself that.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

Amy Winehouse's Husband Overdoses
    ....and she said No, No, No!

(BUM) Blake Fielder-Civil was rushed to the hospital for a drug overdose.

FemaleFirst reported that Fielder-Civil, who is still behind bars at Pentonville Prison in London, needed to be taken to the hospital after overdosing.

The prison guards found Winehouse's husband laying on the ground violently vomiting. According to authorities, Fielder-Civil consumed heroine and a toxic substance with five other inmates.

The information was confirmed by a prison spokesperson. A few days prior to this incident, Fielder-Civil failed three drug tests and was put in isolation. He is still awaiting trial which is scheduled for June.

Amy Winehouse's Husband Overdoses : News & Features : Music : Sympatico / MSN
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

What a stupid mushroom.

+ Reply to Thread