+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 66 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Music News

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Miscellaneous Music News

I happen to be one of those "rare" JLo fans so I'm really happy for her and Mark! Best wishes to them both!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

I wouldn't call myself a "fan", but I do think she's an amazingly talented lady and I am happy for her. As much as I questioned her marriage to Marc when it happened, it's become obvious they have a genuine affection and respect for each other, and this is just a wonderful blessing for their family. Twins! How fun!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This is not really news, but I just saw Tina Turner on The Grammys...and THAT is what 68 years old is supposed to look like!!!!

Unbelievable!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Hmm. Given Amy Winehouse's recent history, I found the following YouTube clip kind of eerie:

user: discotits
    video name: "Amy Winehouse On Never Mind The Buzzcocks - Best Bits"

You can search for it with that info.

They're throwing around all these jokes about her drinking herself to death and taking crack. This was back in those early days when people assumed she was playing the role of an addict by singing about "Rehab" instead of actually living it.

I bet it doesn't seem all that funny anymore.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2781064;
    49 years ago today:
    A plane crash killed Ritchie Valens, Buddy Holly and J.P. "The Big Bopper" Richardson near Clear Lake, Iowa.
    Wow. I wasn't around then, but I saw the movie about it. There was a movie, wasn't there?

Congrats to JLO and Marc on the twins. Hope all goes well.

Tina Turner ROCKS!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

"Game on"

This is going to be viscous.

The Associated Press: McCartney Divorce Case Returns to Court

McCartney Divorce Case Returns to Court

By JILL LAWLESS – 5 hours ago

LONDON (AP) — Arriving separately and saying little, Paul McCartney and Heather Mills went to court Monday to reach a financial settlement in their acrimonious, high-stakes divorce.

The High Court hearing, called to divide up the former Beatle's fortune of as much $1.6 billion, had all the elements of high show-biz drama — hovering news helicopters, swarms of photographers, waiting reporters.

But what happened in Court 34 on the first day of the five-day hearing is shrouded in secrecy. Unlike most British court cases, divorce proceedings are heard in private. The windows of the oak-paneled courtroom were papered over to stop prying eyes, the door plastered with signs reading "No Admittance — Strictly Private."

Mills, 40, looked tense and said nothing as she entered the courtroom wearing a gray suit and bright pink shirt. McCartney, 65, arrived after his estranged wife, wearing a gray pinstriped suit and a black-and-white wool scarf. He said "good morning" to a group of reporters as he entered court carrying a large black case.

Neither made further comments to reporters who gathered outside the courtroom door all day.

McCartney went into court accompanied by his lawyer, Fiona Shackleton. Mills, who fired her legal team late last year, is believed to be representing herself.

The terms of any settlement will not become public unless it is challenged in the Court of Appeal, or either of the parties chooses to reveal details. Even the size of McCartney's fortune is unknown. Some legal sources think it may be only $390 million, far less than the $1.6 billion give by the Sunday Times newspaper in its annual Rich List.

Press reports have suggested that McCartney has offered Mills around $50 million, and that she is seeking at least double that amount.

"Current estimates suggest that Heather is likely to receive anything from 50 million to 100 million pounds as her final settlement," said Suzanne Kingston, a family law expert. That sum is equivalent to $100 million to $200 million.

Legal experts said several factors that would be taken into account, including McCartney and Mills' 4-year-old daughter, Beatrice; the relative brevity of their marriage; and that most of McCartney's wealth was generated before he married Mills in 2002.

Mills parted company with lawyers Mishcon de Reya Solicitors in November, and also lost her press spokesman, after a series of interviews in which she accused McCartney of failing to protect her and Beatrice from abuse, which she says ranges from lies and slander to death threats.

"We've had death threats, I've been close to suicide. I'm so upset about this," she said in one of her November interviews. "I've had worse press than a pedophile or a murderer, and I've done nothing but charity for 20 years."

"I have protected Paul for this long and I am trying to protect him, but I am being pushed to the edge and I don't want my daughter when she is 12 going on the Internet and reading this totally one-sided story," she said.

Mills is a former model whose left leg was amputated below the knee after a motorcycle accident in 1993. She became active in campaigning against land mines and in favor of animal welfare.

The couple married in June 2002 — four years after the death of McCartney's first wife, Linda, from breast cancer. Beatrice was born in October the following year. McCartney and Mills announced their separation in 2006, and McCartney filed for divorce alleging "unreasonable behavior" by Mills.
    Heather, that "legal genius" is representing herself. While I can't think that's a very good idea, I suppose if the point is to create a dramatic situation (Heather confronting Paul on the stand face to face and questioning him about infidelity), it will accomplish what she wants.
    Last edited by Krom; 02-11-2008 at 08:43 PM.

♥Ali♥Gia♥Rozlyn♥ OutsideLookinIn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2789669;
    This is not really news, but I just saw Tina Turner on The Grammys...and THAT is what 68 years old is supposed to look like!!!!

Unbelievable!!!!
    I know prhoshay!! ... I think she stole the show last night
    "Unfortunately, I did not get any out of this big sex scandal that supposedly happened. If I had known that I was going to get accused of it, maybe I would have gone for it!" -- ROZLYN (Bachelor 14)
    -----------
    BRAD is still "THE HOTTEST Bachelor" ever!

LG.

I'm not familiar with England's family court procedures, but I'm guessing that family court is in front a judge only, not a jury, and a judge is much less likely to be swayed by "oh poor Heather is representing herself" than a jury might be, as the judge will be focused on the legal issues.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

How manipulative and bad for her is Amy Winehouse's husband? Well if this is true... REALLY bad.

Amy Winehouse's Blake 'Lied' About Suicide Bid - Entertainment News, Movie Reviews, Competitions - Entertainmentwise

Amy Winehouse's Blake 'Lied' About Suicide Bid
    Wino's hubby goes to desperate lengths to keep his girl, according to reports...

By: Cher Tippetts on Monday 11th Feb 2008

Photo: WENN
    Amy Winehouse's Blake 'Lied' About Suicide Bid

Amy Winehouse’s jailed husband Blake Fielder-Civil lied about a prison suicide bid, it’s claimed.

The Rehab singer was reportedly left distraught after Blake told her that a failed attempt to hang himself in his cell with a piece of clothing had left him unconscious.

However, a U.K. tabloid is reporting that Blake concocted the false suicide confession in a bid to prevent his wife from leaving him.

A pal of Amy’s said tells The Sun: “He told Amy he had hanged himself in his cell. Now it seems it didn’t happen and she’s asking why he’d tell such an awful lie.”

Amy is currently in a London rehab facility after a newspaper obtained footage of the singer apparently smoking crack.

She left the centre yesterday to perform via satellite for the Grammy Awards, where she picked up an impressive five gongs.

The pal continues: “He wants to pile on the guilt so she can’t leave him. He’s utterly controlling, even when behind bars.”

Last night a Prison Service source told the paper: “We can state 100 per cent that he has not been involved in any suicide attempt.”
    Note that in her live Grammy performance she DID noticeably change a line "I’d rather be at home with Ray" in the song to "I'd rather be at home with Blake", even though it ruins the rhyme with "I ain’t got 70 days".

Leo
    Premium Member

Speaking of Amy Winehouse, this came across my RSS reader.

ABS-CBN Interactive

Natalie Cole hits Winehouse Grammy wins

Agence France-Presse

LOS ANGELES - Soul singer Natalie Cole spoke out against Amy Winehouse's haul of Grammy awards on Monday, saying the British star's multiple wins sent a "bad message," a report said.

Cole, a multiple Grammy winner who helped announced Winehouse's record of the year victory at Sunday's ceremony in Los Angeles, criticized the award in an interview on People magazine's website.

"I don't think she should have won," Cole said of Winehouse, who is currently receiving treatment at a rehabilitation clinic for drug abuse.

"I think it sends a bad message to our young people who are trying to get into this business, the ones who are trying to do it right and really trying to keep themselves together," added Cole, 58.

"We have to stop rewarding bad behavior."

Cole, the daughter of legendary crooner Nat King Cole, chronicled her own battle against drug addiction in a 2000 memoir "Angel on My Shoulder."

However the singer was adamant that Winehouse should not have been honored with the music industry's top awards.

"I'm sorry. I think the girl is talented, gifted, but it's not right for her to be able to have her cake and eat it too.

"She needs to get herself together ... this is about discipline and hard work, and you don't get to just do your drugs and go onstage and get rewarded."

Cole had no complaints with Winehouse's Grammys performance, which was beamed to Los Angeles via satellite from London.

"Her performance was fine," Cole said.

"I don't take anything away from her talent, but I just feel like she's stepping into a place that she hasn't earned yet."

Winehouse was the star of Sunday's show, scooping five awards -- including the coveted record of the year, song of the year and best new artist.

Cole however said she would have preferred to see R'n'B stars Beyonce or Rihanna rewarded instead of Winehouse.

"I just feel like they're ready to go the long haul. You can tell how hard they work, they're great people, their heart is in the right place.

"These are the people we should be praising, these are the people we should be encouraging."

+ Reply to Thread