+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Music News

Rapper Cassidy In Car Crash

http://www.rwdmag.com/articles/fulls...?&sid=&id=2975

Cassidy in Car Crash Shocker!

Friday, 6th October 2006

Early Thursday morning, Philadelphia born rapper Cassidy, was involved in a serious accident in New Jersey when his car collided with a truck.

According to various news reports, the truck swerved into oncoming traffic and crashed into the rear passenger side of vehicle where Cassidy was sitting. The rapper was immediately rushed to Hospital with a fractured skull and a large number of broken bones in the left side of his face. His condition is said to be critical although he is now breathing unaided.

Out of the four people in the car, the rapper was the only one injured and late yesterday afternoon he underwent a CAT scan, which revealed that his brain activity is normal. Cassidy was on his way to the studio where he was working on his third album via Swizz Beats label Full Surface and J Records when the crash happened.

In April he was charged with involuntary manslaughter over the death of Desmond Hawkins in 2005 and served time in prison. The album will mark his return to the rap game following his release and issuing an official statement, Swizz Beatz said “We're all praying and staying positive during this time. Thanks to everyone for their continued support, and please keep Cassidy and his family in your prayers. ”

McCartney, Accused Of Domestic Violence and Drug Abuse

I don't believe a word of this! Sounds like Peg Leg is grasping at every straw, and making up every story she can to ruin Paul & take him for everything he's got. I despise Heather Mills. I knew she was trouble when he married her.
    I wish Linda would haunt her crazy arse on Halloween.

http://www.spotlightingnews.com/article.php?news=2984

McCartney, Accused Of Domestic Violence and Drug Abuse

Who would have believed that someone who sings "All You Need Is Love” would ever be accused of being violent?
    According to "The Daily Mail" that had access to court papers filed by Heather Mills, the woman made some very serious accusations.

It is said that 38-year-old Heather Mills accused her former husband, Paul McCartney, of repeated physical abuse. Moreover, "The Daily Mirror" said that McCartney's second wife has stated that the former "Beatles" member was violent to her while she was pregnant with his daughter, Beatrice.

But Heather's accusations do not stop there as she described a terrible episode, unbelievable to those loving and admiring the musician for decades. According to "The Daily Mirror" Heather Mills claims that McCartney injured her arm with a broken wine glass.

"The Daily Mirror" also said that according to divorce papers filed by Heather Mills, her former husband used to drink alcohol and smoke marijuana regularly.

Furthermore, it was claimed 64-year-old Paul McCartney did not want his daughter, Beatrice to be breastfed.

Although Sir McCartney did not officially respond to the accusations, a source from the musician's entourage stated he said all allegations are false.

Heather Mills and Paul McCartney met in 1999 and dated for three years before marrying in June 2002.

The two announced their divorce in May 2006.

Andy Taylor Splits With Duran Duran

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/..._id=1003315459

Andy Taylor Splits With Duran Duran

October 26, 2006, 11:05 AM ET
    Lars Brandle, London

Duran Duran's comeback will continue without the services of Andy Taylor. The band's founding guitarist has split with the band again, this time ahead of a string of U.S. dates, beginning tonight (Oct. 26) in Chicago, due to a "gulf" developing in their partnership.

According to a statement on behalf of remaining members Simon LeBon, Nick Rhodes and John and Roger Taylor (the Taylors are unrelated), the band was "disappointed and saddened" by the development, but would push on into its "next chapter."

"As of last weekend," reads the statement, "the four of us have dissolved our partnership and will be continuing as Duran Duran without Andy, as we have reached a point in our relationship with him where there is an unworkable gulf between us and we can no longer effectively function together."

A spokesperson for the band confirmed Dom Brown would replace Taylor on the upcoming American shows, which are slated to run until Nov. 11.

Rhodes recently told Billboard.com that the band was planning to enter the studio later this year, to record a new Epic album due out in the first quarter of 2007. Justin Timberlake and Timbaland will contribute to the as-yet-untitled album, which is the follow-up to the 2004 album "Astronaut." That set has shifted more than two million copies worldwide, according to a spokesperson.

Taylor played guitar on the Duran Duran's first three studio albums but left in 1986 after minimal participation on the 1986 effort "Notorious." He rejoined the band in 2001.

The artist also enjoyed international chart hits in the mid-1980s with "Some Like it Hot" and "Get It On" as a member of supergroup the Power Station, along with frontman Robert Palmer and drummer Tony Thompson (both of whom have since passed away) and Duran Duran bandmate John Taylor. He has also recorded as a solo artist.

Former Runaways drummer Sandy West dies

The Runaways were the originators of grrrrl power rock n'roll, and one of the first all-female rock bands. RIP Sandy.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15392750/

SAN DIMAS, Calif. - Sandy West, whose ferocious drumming fueled the influential all-female ‘70s rock band the Runaways, has died of lung cancer. She was 47.

West died Saturday night at a hospice in San Dimas, east of Los Angeles, her manager Mara Fox said. She was diagnosed a year ago.

West was only 16 when she co-founded the Runaways in 1975 with singer and guitarist Joan Jett.

Along with band members Lita Ford and Cherie Currie, they had such hits as “Cherry Bomb” and “Born to Be Bad.”

“We shared the dream of girls playing rock and roll. Sandy was an exuberant and powerful drummer,” Jett said in a statement. “I am overcome from the loss of my friend. I always told her we changed the world.”

Born in 1959 and raised in Huntington Beach, West was a bona fide California girl, splitting her time between surfing and skiing, Currie said.

After West’s grandfather bought her a drum kit, she channeled her athleticism into music.

The Runaways headlined shows with such performers as Cheap Trick and Tom Petty as opening acts.

Following the band’s breakup in 1979, West continued to perform as a singer, guitarist and drummer with the Sandy West Band. She also released a solo CD.

“Sandy West loved her fans, her friends and family almost to a fault,” Currie said in a statement. “It will never be the same for me again to step on a stage, because Sandy West was the best and I will miss her forever.”

West completed her memoirs before she died, and Fox said she hoped to get the book published.

West is survived by her mother, Jeri Williams, stepfather Dick Williams, and six sisters.

A private service for family members is scheduled for Saturday. A public memorial in Southern California for friends and family is pending, Fox said.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Aw, that's too bad. I've been a big Runaways fan since my early teens. RIP, Sandy.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Duff's Stalker Arrested for Alleged Death Threats

http://www.eonline.com/news/article/...0-c7b79f8f56bd

Hilary Duff's Death Threat?
    By Gina Serpe
    Mon, 6 Nov 2006 08:57:56 AM PST

Hilary Duff made it through the weekend alive, which is apparently not what one fan had in mind.

An 18-year-old Russian man accused of stalking the teenage actress was arrested near Los Angeles Friday after threatening to kill the erstwhile Lizzie McGuire star.

According to police in Manhattan Beach, Maksim Miakovsky was nabbed and charged with making criminal threats and stalking Duff after proclaiming his desire to kill her at an event she was scheduled to attend on Sunday.

A private investigator from Sunset Protective Services and Investigations, the company that provides protection to big-name celebs like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, as well as Duff, made contact with Miakovsky last week at the Residence Inn, where the Russian expat has been staying. According to police, Miakovsky revealed to the investigator his plan to end the pop star's life.

The alleged death threat comes just weeks after the 19-year-old "So Yesterday" singer and her boyfriend, Good Charlotte rocker Joel Madden, 27, filed for restraining orders against Miakovsky, identified in the court papers as "Max Doe," for threatening to turn his infatuation for Duff into violent acts.

Per the documents, Miakovsky moved from Russia to Los Angeles two years ago "for the sole purpose of meeting and becoming romantically involved" with the teen queen, and allegedly threatened to buy a gun and commit suicide if his feelings weren't reciprocated.

The complaint also claimed that Miakovsky had expressed a desire to "remov[e] his enemies," including Madden, who potentially stood in the way of Miakovsky coupling with Duff.

The papers, which claimed the obsessive behavior has gone on for more than six weeks, named Mayakovski's 50-year-old roommate, paparazzo David Joseph Klein, as the intermediary relaying the threats to the star.

In his bid to win Duff's affection, Miakovsky reportedly cased Duff and Madden's neighborhoods, visited her mother's home, attempted to make his way backstage at a Good Charlotte concert—at which time he was detained by police—and made direct calls to Duff's manager.

Last month, restraining orders were also requested on behalf of Duff's sister, Haylie, her mother, Susan, and Madden's twin brother, Benji.

Miakovsky is currently being held on $200,000 bail in Manhattan Beach jail and is scheduled for arraignment Tuesday.

Ugh. How creepy. I remember when actress Rebecca Schaeffer was killed ("My Sister Sam," or somesuch). She graduated from my high school, a year younger, so I was especially touched by her death. Whenever I hear these stalker stories, that's what I think about.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Britney Files For Divorce

Cnn.com has this listed as breaking news in red at the top of their home page but no article on it yet. The reason is irreconcilable differences. I'm sure there's more news to come soon.

Faith Hill says CMA freakout just a joke

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15605665/

Country star says she meant no disrespect to winner Carrie Underwood
    The Associated Press
    Updated: 1:21 p.m. ET Nov 7, 2006
    NEW YORK - Faith Hill insists she's no Kanye West.

The country music superstar says she was just joking when cameras showed her screaming "WHAT?" in apparent anger when she lost the female vocalist of the year award to newcomer Carrie Underwood at the Country Music Association Awards ceremony Monday night in Nashville.

"The idea that I would act disrespectful towards a fellow musician is unimaginable to me," Hill said in a statement. "For this to become a focus of attention given the talent gathered is utterly ridiculous. Carrie is a talented and deserving Female Vocalist of The Year."

Media outlets and blogs zeroed in on Hill's reaction after Underwood's name was announced at the ceremony. While other nominees — Sara Evans, Gretchen Wilson, Martina McBride — gave the typical gracious loser smile, Hill, who was standing backstage, turned to the camera and shouted "WHAT?"

Although her voice could not be heard, it was clear from her lips what she said. She looked visibly upset and then it looked as if she was storming off.

However, Hill said it was all a joke, and her manager, Gary Borman, echoed that: "I've worked with Faith for many years now and the idea that she would ever insult or undermine another artist, let alone another human being's success is absolutely preposterous. Those who know her know that she's incapable of such actions," he said in a statement.

"She was being playful while the nominations were being read and playful after."

Underwood also didn’t take it seriously, according to her publicist, Jessie Schmidt, who said that Hill spoke to Underwood after the show and that the two were fine.

Underwood, the 2005 "American Idol" champ, has become a triple platinum success since releasing her debut album late last year. Hill is a longtime darling of country music with crossover pop appeal.

This is the second time in less than a week that an awards show loss has resulted in an (apparent) on-camera freakout by a loser. Last week, Kanye West stormed the stage at the MTV Europe Music Awards and interrupted the speech of the winners, claiming his video deserved the honor.

© 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15605665/

Yeah, not so sure I believe Faith's story there. Pretty weird time to pull a joke, isn't it?

+ Reply to Thread