+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 66 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Music News

Re: Miscellaneous Music News

Not Busta! No, No, No. He's just misunderstood. Poor Busta.

CityNews: George Michael Admits To Driving On Drugs

George Michael Admits To Driving On Drugs
    Wednesday May 9, 2007
    Singer George Michael said he felt "very ashamed" as he pleaded guilty on Tuesday to driving while unfit due to drugs after police found him slumped at the wheel of his car in London. The 43-year-old blamed his behavior on a mixture of tiredness and prescription medicine.

"I did something very stupid," he told a court without giving details of any drugs he had taken, media reports said. "I am perfectly aware that I did something very wrong and got into my car when I was unfit to drive. I was not in my normal physical state and I am perfectly prepared to accept the correct punishment for that and I would have accepted it a long time ago."

He has yet to be sentenced and faces a further hearing on May 30 for the court to consider his guilty plea, a Crown Prosecution Service spokeswoman said. The charge carries a maximum six-month jail term and a fine of up to $9,968. The singer has had a series of brushes with the law. In April 1998, he was arrested for engaging in a "lewd act" in a public toilet in Los Angeles, after which he ended years of speculation over his sexuality by announcing that he was gay. He angered mental health charities last year by smoking a marijuana joint during a television interview, "This stuff keeps me sane and happy," he said.

The singer is due to start a European tour in late May.

Country Singer Martina McBride Receives Protection Order Against Alleged Stalker - Starpulse News Blog

Country Singer Martina McBride Receives Protection Order Against Alleged Stalker
    05/10/07

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Martina McBride has received an order of protection against a man charged with stalking her. Ricky D. Fissel, 42, is charged with stalking the 40-year-old country singer after he came to her home twice in early April.

McBride's husband, John McBride, said in court papers that Fissel came to the door around 10 p.m. on April 1 and asked if the singer was home. He told the man to get off the property, but Fissel returned a week later around 9:15 p.m. to ask him ''who lives here?'' before speeding off.

After John McBride identified Fissel in a photo lineup, a search at Fissel's home revealed a newspaper article with Martina McBride's photo circled with hearts drawn around it, the legal statement said.

The singer was in court Tuesday seeking the protection order. A spokeswoman did not immediately return a phone message for comment.

Fissel is to appear in general sessions court on the mental health docket May 11, court officials said.

ETonline.com: Sheryl Crow Adopts!

The musician announces the adoption of a baby boy!
    --------------------------------------------------------

Grammy-winning rocker SHERYL CROW has announced that she's adopted!

The musician posted the happy news on her Web site, telling fans, "I am so excited to share with you guys that I've adopted a little boy ... he was born 2 weeks ago.

"His name is WYATT (after my dad) STEVEN (after my little brother and Scooter) and we are enjoying some very private family time.

"Just wanted you to be the first to know."

The 45-year-old rocker recently battled breast cancer and was engaged to cyclist LANCE ARMSTRONG, but the pair broke it off.

wcbstv.com - Jessica Simpson, John Mayer Break Up

Jessica Simpson, John Mayer Break Up
    May 18, 2007 1:33 pm US/Eastern

(CBS News) NEW YORK It looks like Jessica Simpson and John Mayer are on the outs.

A source close to the singer-actress tells The ShowBuzz that the couple broke up last week.

The source says that things may not be over for good since Simpson and Mayer have broken up before.

"They're still talking," the source said.

Simpson's rep, Lauren Auslander, told The ShowBuzz that "we don't comment on our clients' personal lives."

The Web site TMZ reported Friday that Mayer was at the New York club Stereo by himself on Thursday night.

Celebrity blogger Perez Hilton first reported news of a split on his blog.

The pair were hand in hand just over a week ago at the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute Gala on May 7 in New York City.

Word that Simpson and Mayer were an item began circulating last August but the couple were mum on the topic. Sometime after they began popping up at events.

They got quite cozy in the V.I.P at Christina Aguilera's New Year's Eve bash at the Hudson Hotel in New York City. Simpson also recently spent time with Mayer in Italy.

Her divorce from singer Nick Lachey was finalized last June. Lachey is dating TV personality Vanessa Minnillo.

Creed frontman on assault charge | News | NME.COM

Creed frontman on assault charge
    Scott Strapp arrested in Florida
    1 hour ago
    Former Creed frontman Scott Strapp has been arrested at his Florida home and charged with assault.

The star is being held without bail which relates to domestic assault, according to a Palm Beach County jail official.

No one was injured or taken to hospital following the alleged incident, said Sheriff Office's spokesman Paul Miller.

His wife, former Miss New York Jaclyn Nesheiwat, declined to comment on her husband's arrest, telling the Palm Beach Post
    "It's just a rough time."

Police declined to identify the victim and said they had no information about any physical violence, reports the BBC.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I was such a big creed fan that i'm dissapointed what he has come down to.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Simpson and Mayer aren't calling it quits yet

By Jeannette Walls
    MSNBC
    Updated: 7:36 a.m. ET May 22, 2007
    Jessica Simpson isn’t back on the market quite yet.

The “Dukes of Hazzard” star reportedly broke up with boyfriend John Mayer — but the split isn’t working out so well, according to In Touch.

Mayer was spotted leaving Simpson’s New York hotel room at the Soho Grand yesterday, reports the mag. He was said to be smiling.

“They definitely went on a date last night,” a “pal” of Simpson told In Touch. But now, apparently, Simpson is cautious about getting back with Mayer — who had told her when they briefly split that he needed space.

“She still loves him, but he’s not stable,” the friend said. “He’s scared of commitment. He breaks up with her and then regrets it and then begs her to get back together.”

Simpson and Mayer aren't calling it quits yet - Gossip: The Scoop - MSNBC.com

Leo
    Premium Member

This Akon fellow is a real classy type.

AllHipHop.com : Daily Hip-Hop News

Police Consider Charges Against Akon For Tossing Teen Off Stage
    By Mike Winslow
    Date: 6/6/2007 10:00 am

Police in Fishkill, New York may question Akon and file charges against R&B singer Akon, after footage surfaced of the singer tossing a fan into the crowd surfaced on the Internet.

The incident took place at Dutchess stadium in Fishkill, during the annual KFEST concert sponsored by radio station WSPK 104.7, after an unidentified fan tossed an object on the stage, narrowly missing the chart-topping Senegalese-American singer.

A young male who looks to be in his teens was called to the stage, after Akon queried the crowd to find out who threw the object.

As soon as the male steps on the stage, Akon quickly scooped him up and literally threw him into the crowd.

Footage of the incident didn't capture the teen getting up, but he refused medical treatment and was not hurt as a result of the incident.

Police in Fishkill are still searching for the teen, to determine if he would like to file charges against Akon.

"If and when they [police] determine that something has occurred, they will forward the case to us and we will review that," Dutchess County Senior District Attorney Edward McLoughlin told the Poughkeepsie Journal.

Akon was already embroiled in controversy, after footage of an April 12 concert in Trinidad surfaced, in which he simulated sex with a girl on teen.

It was later revealed that the girl was 14 and had illegally entered the club.

Still, the incident caused Verizon to drop Akon as a spokesman for the company.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Link Here

Sambora Enters L.A. Treatment Facility

Thu Jun 07, 9:42 PM ET

Bon Jovi guitarist Richie Sambora has entered a treatment facility in Los Angeles for an undisclosed problem, a spokesperson for the band said Thursday.

"He asks that you respect he and his family's privacy at this time," her statement read. Sambora went into treatment Wednesday, People.com reported.

It wasn't clear how Sambora's treatment will affect his role in the band. Bon Jovi's new album "Lost Highway" comes out June 19, the same day the band is scheduled to appear on the "Today" show.

The group is scheduled to play some tour dates this summer, beginning June 24 in London. A larger tour is planned for 2008.

Sambora and actress Denise Richards broke up several months ago after dating for about a year. In April, the 47-year-old musician's divorce from actress Heather Locklear was finalized and his father died of lung cancer.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    I love Richie...I wish him well........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread