+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 66 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Music News

Black Eyed Peas Singer Busted For Pot - Music News - Playfuls.com - Fun & Entertainment

Black Eyed Peas Singer Busted For Pot

Black Eyed Peas singer Jamie "Taboo" Gomez was arrested for marijuana possession following a traffic accident, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office said.

Gomez was released after posting $5,000 bail, the Los Angeles Times reported Wednesday. He was booked on misdemeanor charges of suspicion of possessing less than an ounce of marijuana, having a prescribed medicine without the prescription and driving under the influence, the sheriff's office said.

Sheriff's deputies said the non-injury accident occurred Tuesday in the City of Industry. Deputies from the Industry station talked to the 31-year-old Gomez, and then detained him.
    2007 UPI

Juno Award Winners - YAY Nelly!

Furtado Cuts 'Loose with Juno Award Wins

TORONTO -- Canadian songstress Nelly Furtado swept the Junos, Canada's music awards, by picking up trophies during the weekend in all five categories in which she competed.

Victoria-born Furtado, whose third album, "Loose," has sold 10 million copies worldwide, picked up the fan choice award and the best single and album of the year prizes Sunday night as the Junos aired live from Saskatoon in most parts of the country on the CTV network.

Furtado, who hosted the telecast Sunday, also picked up artist and pop album of the year honors for "Loose" during an invite-only industry gala Saturday.

She beat out Gregory Charles, Michael Buble, Nickelback and Sarah McLachlan to earn the fan choice award, voted on by Canadians.

Other winners during Sunday's televised awards included Billy Talent picking up trophies for best group and best rock album of the year, while Hamilton, Ontario-born singer-songwriter Tomi Swick was crowned best new artist of the year.

Furtado, Talent and hip-hop artist k-os came into the weekend's Junos with five nominations each to lead the field.

Other winners Saturday included Dixie Chicks picking up international album of the year honors for "Taking the Long Way," jazz sensation Diana Krall earning best vocal jazz album for "From This Moment On" and Jim Cuddy snagging best adult alternative album for "The Light That Guides You Home."

Gordie Sampson grabbed the songwriter of the year award for his country music output, including Carrie Underwood's "Jesus Take the Wheel."

A complete list of 2007 Juno Award Winners follows:

Juno Fan Choice Award: Nelly Furtado, (Geffen Universal)

Group Of The Year: Billy Talent (Atlantic/Wea Warner)

New Artist Of The Year: Tomi Swick (Wea Warner)

Single Of The Year: "Promiscuous," Nelly Furtado (Geffen Universal)

R&B/Soul Recording Of The Year: "Mysoul," Jacksoul (Sony BMG)

Rock Album Of The Year: "Billy Talent," Billy Talent (Atlantic/Wea Warner)

Album Of The Year: "Loose," Nelly Furtado (Geffen Universal)

Saturday Night Juno Winners

International Album of the Year: Taking the Long Way -- Dixie Chicks (Sony BMG)

Artist of the Year: Nelly Furtado (Geffen/ Universal)

New Group of the Year: Mobile (M&B/ Universal)

Songwriter of the Year: Gordie Sampson

Country Recording of the Year: Somebody Wrote Love - George Canyon (Reiny Dawg/ Universal)

Rap Recording of the Year: Black Magic - Swollen Members (Swollen Members Music/ Universal)

Adult Alternative Album of the Year: The Light That Guides You Home - Jim Cuddy (WEA/ Warner)

Alternative Album of the Year: Sometimes - City and Colour (Dine Alone/ Universal)

Pop Album of the Year: Loose - Nelly Furtado (Geffen/ Universal)

Vocal Jazz Album of the Year: From this Moment On - Diana Krall (Verve/ Universal)

Contemporary Jazz Album of the Year: From the Heart - Hilario Duran and His Latin Jazz Big Band (Alma/ Universal)

Traditional Jazz Album of the Year: Avenue Standard - Jon Ballantyne (Real Artist Works/ CD Baby)

Instrumental Album of the Year: Run Neil Run - Sisters Euclid (Northern Blues/ Festival)

Francophone Album of the Year: Il etait une fois dans l'est - Antoine Gratton (Tacca/ Select)

Children's Album of the Year: My Beautiful World - Jack Grunsky (Casablanca Kids/ EMI)

Classical Album of the Year (Solo or Chamber Ensemble): Piazolla - Les Violons du Roy/ Jean-Marie Zeitouni (Atma/ SRI)

Classical Album of the Year (Large Ensemble or Soloist(s) with Large Ensemble Accompaniment): Mozart: Violin Concerti - James Ehnes, Mozart Anniversary Orchestra (CBC Records/ Universal)

Classical Album of the Year (Vocal or Choral Performance): Mozart: Arie e Duetti - Isabel Bayrakdarian, Michael Schade, Russell Braun, Canadian Opera Company Orchestra/ Richard Bradshaw (CBC Records/ Universal)

Classical Composition of the Year: Clere Venus - Denis Gougeon "A l'Aventure!" (Centerdiscs/ Fusion III)

Dance Recording of the Year: Sexor - Tiga (Last Gang/ Universal)

Reggae Recording of the Year: Xrated - Korexion (Kornerstone/ Kornerstore)

Aboriginal Recording of the Year: Sedze - Leela Gilday (Diva Sound/ Festival)

Roots & Traditional Album of the Year (Solo):
    Yellowjacket - Stephen Fearing (True North/ Universal)

Roots & Traditional Album of the Year (Group): Bloom - The McDades (Free Radio Records)

Blues Album of the Year: House of Refuge - Jim Byrnes (Black Hen/ KOCH)

Contemporary Christian/Gospel Album of the Year: Wide-Eyed and Mystified - Downhere (Centricity/ Warner/ CMC)

World Music Album of the Year: Kaba Horo - Lubo Alexandro (Justin Time/ Fusion III)

JackRichardson Producer of the Year : Brian Howes: "Trip" - Hedley - Hedley (Universal), "Lips of an Angel" - Extreme Behaviour - Hinder (Universal)

Recording Engineer of the Year: John "Beetle" Bailey: "Rain" - Messin' Around - Molly Johnson (Anthem/ Universal), "Sisters of Mercy" - If Your Memory Serves You Well - Serena Ryder (EMI)

CD/DVD Artwork Design of the Year: Chloe Lum & Yannick Desranleau for Seripop (Director/ Designer/ Illustrator/ Photographer) : The Looks - Mstrkrft - Last Gang (Universal)

Video of the Year: Bridge to Nowhere - Duplex (aka Dave Pawsey and Jonathan Legris) - Sam Roberts (Secret Brain/ Universal)

Music DVD of the Year: Escarpment Blues - Andy Keen, Sarah Harmer, Patrick Sambrook - Sarah Harmer (Cold Snap/ Universal)

Furtado cuts 'Loose' with five Juno Award wins
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

T'was a good show, Saskatoon and Saskatchewan really know how to host an event! Not that I'm biased or anything, haha. But I'm glad I was watching it along with another show because I don't think I could watch it 2 hours straight.

Okay... I just had to post this one because we all know already that Keith Richards has some serious issues. Are we surprised by this bizarre and disgusting revelation??????

Keith Richards Admits, 'I Snorted My Father'
    AP
    LONDON (April 3) - Keith Richards has acknowledged consuming a raft of illegal substances in his time, but this may top them all.

In comments published Tuesday, the 63-year-old Rolling Stones guitarist said he had snorted his father's ashes mixed with cocaine.

"The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father," Richards was quoted as saying by British music magazine NME.

"He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared," he said. "... It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."

Richards' father, Bert, died in 2002, at 84.

Richards, one of rock's legendary wild men, told the magazine that his survival was the result of luck, and advised young musicians against trying to emulate him.

"I did it because that was the way I did it. Now people think it's a way of life," he was quoted as saying.

"I've no pretensions about immortality," he added. "I'm the same as everyone ... just kind of lucky.

"I was No. 1 on the `who's likely to die' list for 10 years. I mean, I was really disappointed when I fell off the list," Richards said.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I came here to post the same article, Broadway. That is one bizarre story.

And the damage control begins...

MSN - News - Richards Denies Snorting His Dad's Ashes

Richards Denies Snorting His Dad's Ashes
    Apr 4, 9:11 AM EST

The Associated Press

LONDON -- Keith Richards was joking when he claimed to have snorted his father's ashes along with cocaine, a spokesman said Wednesday.

"It was an off-the-cuff remark, a joke, and it is not true. File under April Fool's joke," said Bernard Doherty of LD Communications, which represents the Rolling Stones.

Doherty declined to say any more about why Richards made the statement in an interview with NME, a pop music magazine.

"The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father," the 63-year-old guitarist was quoted as saying.

"He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared ... It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."

Richards' father, Bert, died in 2002, at 84.

I saw that one yesterday at a news site, but couldn't bring myself to post it. I guess cannibalism isn't just for… (hmm, there's not politically correct way to end that sentence).
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Whitney Houston gets child custody

I guess this the lesser of the two evils situation.
    Tennessean.com - Nashville news from The Tennessean, MUSIC CITY U.S.A
    ORANGE, Calif. (AP) -- Whitney Houston's 14-year marriage to Bobby Brown will officially end this month, and she will get custody of their teenage daughter, a judge ruled Wednesday. The singer dabbed her eyes with a tissue as Orange County Superior Court Judge Franz E. Miller ruled that the divorce will become final April 24. Brown did not attend the hearing.

In court, Houston testified that she did not need spousal or child support and that the couple's 14-year-old daughter, Bobbi Kristina, could not depend on Brown.

"He's unreliable," Houston told the judge. "If he says he's going to come, sometimes he does. Usually he doesn't."

Houston declined to comment to reporters after the hearing.

Brown's attorney, Ram Cogan, said he will seek to overturn the judge's decision.

Houston filed for divorce in October, citing irreconcilable differences. She was granted a default judgment in December to speed up the divorce. Miller's ruling Wednesday upheld the terms of that judgment.

Houston and Brown wed in 1992, when she was at the height of her fame as a Grammy-winning superstar known for such hits as "I Will Always Love You."

During their tumultuous marriage, Brown was arrested on drug and alcohol charges, and Houston twice entered drug rehabilitation programs.

Since Bobbi Kristina is 14, she might be old enough to say which parent she wants to live with. Don't they allow that in some states?

I thought GA was their legal residence since that's where they've been living for so long but I guess it's CA since the divorce proceedings are taking place there.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2314605;
    Since Bobbi Kristina is 14, she might be old enough to say which parent she wants to live with. Don't they allow that in some states?

I thought GA was their legal residence since that's where they've been living for so long but I guess it's CA since the divorce proceedings are taking place there.
    I do believe in some states they do allow a child of a certain age to say which parent they would prefer to live with.

I would think a judge would have the ultimate say if the parent the child picks is not suitable.

Is Whitney "cleaning up her act?"

+ Reply to Thread