+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Music News

The first time I ever heard of Kenny Chesney was when I still lived in Buffalo, and he performed at the Erie County fair. He got arrested for stealing a police horse. After that, I couldn't take him seriously - which, since I don't listen to country music, has never been challenged.

Someone in Osbourne Family HIV positive

Sky News: Singer Sobs Over Disease

Singer Sobs Over Disease
    Updated: 08:11, Monday February 19, 2007

Kelly Osbourne has revealed that a member of her family was HIV positive.

The TV personality and pop singer was speaking at a benefit gig for HIV support charity Body and Soul in Camden, north London.

She said the cause was special to her because a member of her family had been diagnosed with HIV.

Kelly and some of her family Osbourne had been introducing a performance by the Scissor Sisters at the time.

Photographers at the concert reported that she started sobbing before leaving the stage.

The singer shot to fame on the reality TV show The Osbournes, which followed the antics of her father, heavy metal star Ozzy Osbourne, and his dysfunctional family.

Osbourne's agents could not be contacted for comment.
    (I didn't know if it went here or in their reality show thread (if they have one))

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I see that "Wanda the Whacko" (Britney) has left rehab again. And she even tried to go get another tattoo, but the shop was closed.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Van Halen Tour Postponed Indefinately

MTV News | Van Halen Reunion Tour Might Not Happen After All

Feb 20 2007 9:01 PM EST

Van Halen Reunion Tour Might Not Happen After All
    Source close to band says 40-city jaunt with David Lee Roth has been postponed indefinitely.
    By Corey Moss

Not so fast on breaking out those ice skates in hell. (Yes, those were our words we might soon be eating.)

The Van Halen reunion with original singer David Lee Roth — the one Eddie Van Halen described as feeling like "pure magic" after one rehearsal (see "Eddie Van Halen Says Reunion With David Lee Roth For Tour Is 'Pure Magic' ") — might not be happening after all.

A source close to the band, requesting anonymity, told USA Today on Tuesday (February 20) that the 40-city tour — tickets to which were expected to go on sale this weekend — has been postponed indefinitely.

Meanwhile, Eddie, Alex and Wolfgang Van Halen's publicist — who announced the tour February 2 — said reports of a cancellation should be considered rumors until an official statement is released.

In mid-February, Roth spoke of the reunion with Rolling Stone, saying that he hopes it lasts beyond the summer trek. "God willin', and the creek don't run dry, just like Grandma Roth used to say," he told the magazine in typical Roth-speak. "Barring any act of God or Ferrari ... yeah. I have hope and faith, and that's more than just the name of a couple of strippers from Albuquerque."

Regardless, on March 12, Van Halen will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (see "R.E.M., Van Halen, Grandmaster Flash Make Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame") in a ceremony that could feature Van Halen performing with both Roth and his replacement, Sammy Hagar (see "Sammy Hagar's Plans: Beach, Cruise, Sharing Stage With David Lee Roth?").

Brad Paisley’s wife gives birth to boy

Boy is Kimberley Williams-Paisley and the country star’s first child

The Associated Press
    Updated: 10:38 p.m. ET Feb 22, 2007
    NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Brad Paisley and Kimberly Williams-Paisley are the parents of a baby boy.

The couple’s first child was born at 5 a.m. CT Thursday in a Nashville-area hospital, according to a statement from the country star’s publicist.

Mother and baby were resting comfortably.

Paisley, 34, is in the studio working on his next album and will launch his Bonfires & Amplifiers Tour on April 26 in Chattanooga.

Williams-Paisley, 35, stars on the ABC sitcom “According to Jim” and will next be seen in the feature film “Eden Court.”

URL: Brad Paisley's wife gives birth to boy - Celebrity News - MSNBC.com
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Bobby Brown arrested for missed hearing - CNN.com

CANTON, Massachusetts (AP) -- For the second time in a year, Bobby Brown has been arrested while in town to watch his daughter at a cheerleading competition.

Brown was picked up at Attleboro High School on Sunday night on a warrant for failing to appear at a child support hearing in October.

The 38-year-old singer was scheduled to appear Monday afternoon in Norfolk Probate and Family Court, said Adam Loomis of All State Constables in Weymouth.

"He was supposed to show up and prove everything was up-to-date," Loomis said.

In October, Brown paid $11,000 in delinquent child support after being threatened with arrest if he stepped back into Massachusetts. He owed over two months of payments to Kim Ward, of Stoughton, the mother of two of his children. It wasn't immediately known if Brown still owes child support.

Brown was cooperative outside the high school, and borrowed Loomis' cell phone to arrange to get out of jail, the constable said.

Brown's attorney, Atlanta-based Phaedra Parks, didn't immediately return a call to comment. A message also was left at the Probate and Family Court.

In June 2004, Brown was sentenced to 90 days in prison for missing three months of payments. That sentence was immediately suspended after Brown paid about $15,000.

Last March, Brown was nabbed for minor motor vehicle violations dating back 14 years when he arrived to watch his daughter at a cheering competition at Bartlett High School. Brown was cooperative, and he was allowed to drive to the police station after the competition, police said.

Brown, a Boston native who had a hit solo album "Don't Be Cruel," and pop diva Whitney Houston are divorcing after a 14-year marriage.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2253592;
    Boy is Kimberley Williams-Paisley and the country star’s first child

The Associated Press
    Updated: 10:38 p.m. ET Feb 22, 2007
    NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Brad Paisley and Kimberly Williams-Paisley are the parents of a baby boy.

The couple’s first child was born at 5 a.m. CT Thursday in a Nashville-area hospital, according to a statement from the country star’s publicist.

Mother and baby were resting comfortably.

Paisley, 34, is in the studio working on his next album and will launch his Bonfires & Amplifiers Tour on April 26 in Chattanooga.

Williams-Paisley, 35, stars on the ABC sitcom “According to Jim” and will next be seen in the feature film “Eden Court.”

URL: Brad Paisley's wife gives birth to boy - Celebrity News - MSNBC.com

I'm so happy for them - they really a great couple. Brad is hilarious if you've ever seen him interviewed.

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;2257094;
    I'm so happy for them - they really a great couple. Brad is hilarious if you've ever seen him interviewed.
    He also puts on a great live show. I saw him last Summer with Carrie Underwood & not only is he a great singer/songwriter but the boy can play the hell out of a guitar. He also has an animated video running through a bunch of his songs & he does all the computer animation himself.

When he was announced as the winner of album of the year at the CMA Awards last fall he got up & said " I knew we had a great album here, but I never expected to sell all 25 million copies. Well we haven't yet, but maybe we will." Great sense of deprecating humor. Just listen to the lyrics of his songs.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    RB - I tried to see him here in NY with Sara Evans but it was in a smaller theatre and sold out quickly. I refused to pay $300 a ticket on ebay! I love him and his writing style.

RTÉ.ie Entertainment: James Blunt involved in car accident

James Blunt involved in car accident
    Singer James Blunt was reportedly involved in an accident while trying to steer his car though paparazzi outside a pre-Oscars party.

US media reports claim that Blunt drove over the foot of a photographer while trying to make his way through a large group of people who were gathered around his car.

According to People magazine, Los Angeles police said that the singer was involved in an "injury car accident" but Blunt's representative said he denied hitting anyone.

"It wasn't a fan. It was a ton of paparazzi that were all swarming his car as he was driving 2 mph trying to navigate his way through them," the representative said.

"That's the first and foremost. They were invading his space. He was just trying to quietly leave the party."

+ Reply to Thread