+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 66 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Music News

http://www.canada.com/topics/enterta...e783c6&k=91399

Kenny Chesney denies gay rumours
    canada.com
    Published: Thursday, February 15, 2007

Country singer Kenny Chesney has come out – to tell the world he’s not gay.

Talking about his annulment from actress Renee Zellweger for the first time, Chesney explains to 60 Minutes correspondent Anderson Cooper why “fraud” was cited as the reason for their separation.

"The only fraud that was committed was me thinking that I knew what it was like ... that I really understood what it was like to be married, and I really didn't," Chesney tells Cooper in an interview that will air Sunday.

"We thought the least harmful (stated reason) was fraud because it (is) kind of broad … doesn't specify. And boy … we were wrong."

By marking “fraud” on the document just four months after they wed, Zellweger sparked rumours that Chesney is gay.

"It's not true. Period. Maybe I should have come out and said no, I'm not (gay), but I didn't want to draw any more attention to it … I didn't have to prove to anybody that I wasn't (gay) … I didn't feel like I really did," says Chesney.

But the singer tells 60 Minutes he has no regrets.

"Even though I'd sit here and say I wish we'd gotten divorced instead of all that annulment stuff and saved me a lot of public humiliation … I still don't have any regrets. I loved her, you know? And it was real."

Chesney married Zellweger four months after meeting him in January 2005.

Americas Next Top Model 9 Cookiez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan;2243774;
    http://www.canada.com/topics/enterta...e783c6&k=91399

Kenny Chesney denies gay rumours
    canada.com
    Published: Thursday, February 15, 2007

Country singer Kenny Chesney has come out – to tell the world he’s not gay.

Talking about his annulment from actress Renee Zellweger for the first time, Chesney explains to 60 Minutes correspondent Anderson Cooper why “fraud” was cited as the reason for their separation.

"The only fraud that was committed was me thinking that I knew what it was like ... that I really understood what it was like to be married, and I really didn't," Chesney tells Cooper in an interview that will air Sunday.

"We thought the least harmful (stated reason) was fraud because it (is) kind of broad … doesn't specify. And boy … we were wrong."

By marking “fraud” on the document just four months after they wed, Zellweger sparked rumours that Chesney is gay.

"It's not true. Period. Maybe I should have come out and said no, I'm not (gay), but I didn't want to draw any more attention to it … I didn't have to prove to anybody that I wasn't (gay) … I didn't feel like I really did," says Chesney.

But the singer tells 60 Minutes he has no regrets.

"Even though I'd sit here and say I wish we'd gotten divorced instead of all that annulment stuff and saved me a lot of public humiliation … I still don't have any regrets. I loved her, you know? And it was real."

Chesney married Zellweger four months after meeting him in January 2005.

He's just making it worse; those Sports Illustrated pics just made it worse.
    The future of fashion, America's Next Top Model

He really didn't give a good reason as to why the marriage didn't work. He doesn't have to either but I'd sure like to know.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I'm with you! The first thing you think is 'gay'. Whatever.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Americas Next Top Model 9 Cookiez's Avatar
    Did anyone else hear that Kelly Rowland's album is being pushed back more to make way for Solange's re-release of Solo Star.

Im outraged, how could this happen? Papa Knowles is the only thing wrong with the Knowles family!
    The future of fashion, America's Next Top Model

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiez;2244620;
    Im outraged, how could this happen? Papa Knowles is the only thing wrong with the Knowles family!
    Their mom is pretty crafty as well and I don't mean for her outfits . It's just too bad that she had to sign with the Knowles company and not someone else who would take her interests seriously and look out for what's best for her.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Gay or not, Chesney has a very cute butt.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

LG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2245222;
    Gay or not, Chesney has a very cute butt.
    he he he, Amy Lee thinks his tractor is sexy . . .

not me. Especially after I saw a picture of him photoshopped without his hat (or any hair, as the speculation is that his is bald on the top, and not in a sexy Vin Diesel way) and he looked just like George Costanza.

My thought after the Zelwegger / Chesney annulment was that she expected that he would want to settle down, live together somewhere and have kids. And he thought marriage wouldn't change anything and he continued on his concert tour and hardly ever saw her. A grown man should have known better if that was the case, but more reason to talk to someone and get to know them before you get married. *crazy talk I know*
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan;2242116;
    http://www.itv.com/news/entertainmen...fa1a1788e.html

Milli Vanilli set for movie comeback
    8.35, Thu Feb 15 2007

Hollywood is set to make a movie about the rise and fall of disgraced pop duo Milli Vanilli.

The pair lost their coveted Grammy for best new artist in 1990 when it emerged that they had never sung on their records.

The film has the backing of Milli Vanilli star Fabrice Morvan, who has been pursuing a comeback for years, as well as the estate of his colleague, Rob Pilatus, who died of a drug overdose in 1998.

The project will be written and directed by Jeff Nathanson, who previously wrote the Leonardo DiCaprio crime caper 'Catch Me If You Can'.

He said: "I've always been fascinated by the notion of fakes and frauds, and in this case, you had guys who pulled off the ultimate con, selling 30 million singles and 11 million albums and then becoming the biggest laughing stocks of pop entertainment."
    Did Rob commit suicide or was it an accidental drug overdose? I thought he jumped out of a window.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2245396;
    he he he, Amy Lee thinks his tractor is sexy . . .

not me. Especially after I saw a picture of him photoshopped without his hat (or any hair, as the speculation is that his is bald on the top, and not in a sexy Vin Diesel way) and he looked just like George Costanza.

I saw footage of him walking up to get his award and his behind just shined from his slacks. I was seriously.

My thought after the Zelwegger / Chesney annulment was that she expected that he would want to settle down, live together somewhere and have kids. And he thought marriage wouldn't change anything and he continued on his concert tour and hardly ever saw her. A grown man should have known better if that was the case, but more reason to talk to someone and get to know them before you get married. *crazy talk I know*
    I think their were a bunch of conversations they didn't have. Kids being one of them. Second they should've slowed down and gotten to know eachother better.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread