+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 66 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Music News

LG.
    I feel terrible for everyone involved in this crash. I agree with the posters who indicate that Brandy doesn't seem like an airhead diva, and it is probably very hard for her to live with this, as it is for most humans who cause an accident. A Range Rover doesn't have the same stopping speed as a Honda, so when you're driving an SUV you need to leave extra room behind the car in front of you (especially at highway speeds) to make sure you can stop safely. Of course then some jerk thinks that space was meant for them and they cut right in front of you and slow down . . . anyway. To think nitwit Nicole Ritchie was driving drunk the wrong way on a California highway and didn't cause an accident, and Paris got a DWI, also lucky not to kill someone, but such is life. Very random. Very sad.'

ETA - the difference between misdemeanors and felonies is the amount of penalities (money and jail time) available for the offenses. Misdemeanors are punishable by up to 1 year in jail, with felonies having longer sentences. And the big difference comes if someone is a repeat offender, as prior felonies will leader to stronger punishment for a second offense than a misdemeanor, and convicted felons are prohibited from working in certain restricted professions, etc. I don't think it's an oxymoron. Manslaughter can be accidental and reckless, (for example if she was fiddling with the radio and following too close) something that should be punished without making someone a felon.
    Last edited by LG.; 01-30-2007 at 02:04 PM. Reason: responding to poster who just posted in front of me
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmar;2220771;
    http://www.katu.com/news/entertainment/5413541.html

Whoo hoo! Now the only question will be whether 25 years of Sting's pretentiousness can be counteracted by the sum of the force that is The Police.
    I hear ya! My first thought when I read that was "Sting, do NOT pack the lute!"

This is actually sad.

The parents of the woman killed in a car crash involving Brandy are suing the R&B singer for $50 million.

TMZ obtained the lawsuit filed today in Los Angeles County Superior Court. Lawyers for the family of the deceased claim, "Defendant Brandy Norwood was driving recklessly in the freeway when her car collided with Awatif Aboudihaj's car."

The $50 million lawsuit seeks both compensatory and punitive damages.

Meanwhile, the Los Angeles City Attorney is considering the CHP's recommendation to criminally charge Brandy with misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I really was upset that this happend (Car Crash)! I know its no excuse, but everyone does have their stupid mistakes. It truly is unfair that drunken party girls like Nicole Richie would get away for driving on the wrong side of the freeway and other multiple disasters, while Brandy suffers over a one tragic mishap... Again, I truly feel for the family, but I know Brandy would never want any ill happenings to anyone...what an unlucky day for everyone.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

OK..its official...I'm doing the happy dance!!!

Diamond Dave is back!

David Lee Roth Reuniting with Van Halen
    FRIDAY FEBRUARY 02, 2007
    By Mike Fleeman

After more than two decades apart, the rock group Van Halen and its original lead singer, David Lee Roth, are reuniting.

The band announced Friday that Roth, 52, will front the heavy metal quartet on a 40-show summer tour. This will be the first time Roth has performed with the band since 1984, after which Sammy Hagar sang lead. (Roth briefly rejoined the band in 1996, but didn't perform with them at the time.)

"I am very excited to get back to the core of what made Van Halen," lead guitarist Eddie Van Halen, 52, said in a statement.

Though a little older and thinner of hair, the band has lost no bravado, announcing it would play "a set list of the most iconic hits ever produced by America's premiere rock band."

There will be one change in the original lineup: bassist Michael Anthony will be replaced with Wolfgang Van Halen, Eddie's 15-year-old son by ex-wife Valerie Bertinelli.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    I'm going to have to bust my bootie to make sure I see them because 40 cities is about all they can last before Diamond Dave and Eddie's ego clashes again and they split back up!!!

Oh yeah....bb is doing the happy dance!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...W-THEFT-DC.XML

Burglars hit L.A. home of Faith Hill, Tim McGraw
    Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:42pm ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Thieves broke into the Hollywood Hills home of country music stars Faith Hill and Tim McGraw over the weekend and stole an unknown amount of money, police said on Tuesday.

Los Angeles police said the burglary took place some time between Friday afternoon and Monday. The couple was not at home at the time.

Hill and McGraw, who also have a home in Nashville, Tennessee, were the highest-grossing country act in 2006, taking in nearly $89 million from 73 shows.

Their publicist said last week they plan to start a new tour in the summer of 2007.

Milli Vanilli Movie in works

http://www.itv.com/news/entertainmen...fa1a1788e.html

Milli Vanilli set for movie comeback
    8.35, Thu Feb 15 2007

Hollywood is set to make a movie about the rise and fall of disgraced pop duo Milli Vanilli.

The pair lost their coveted Grammy for best new artist in 1990 when it emerged that they had never sung on their records.

The film has the backing of Milli Vanilli star Fabrice Morvan, who has been pursuing a comeback for years, as well as the estate of his colleague, Rob Pilatus, who died of a drug overdose in 1998.

The project will be written and directed by Jeff Nathanson, who previously wrote the Leonardo DiCaprio crime caper 'Catch Me If You Can'.

He said: "I've always been fascinated by the notion of fakes and frauds, and in this case, you had guys who pulled off the ultimate con, selling 30 million singles and 11 million albums and then becoming the biggest laughing stocks of pop entertainment."

Billboard Chart Results

Chris still hanging strong!!!

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/155..._out_boy.jhtml

Feb 14 2007 11:36 AM EST

Fall Out Boy Take It To The Top, Score First Billboard #1
    'High School Musical' star Ashley Tisdale, Bloc Party also debut high.

When Fall Out Boy released their third full-length album, From Under the Cork Tree, no one realized just how well the LP would do. It ended up being one of the surprise breakout hits of 2005 and sold more than 2.5 million copies in the U.S. alone — making for much less surprising first-week sales totals for the band's follow-up effort, Infinity on High.

With close to 260,000 copies flying off record store shelves last week, FOB's Infinity on High has earned the Chicago rockers a career first: a #1 debut on Billboard's albums chart — a debut one could say was foreshadowed by the group's cross-country, three-gigs-in-one-day stunt last week (see "Infinity Ends: Fall Out Boy Wrap Epic Trek With L.A. Rooftop Gig"). Comparatively, From Under the Cork Tree opened at #9 the week after its release on 68,000 scans. But it was still a tight race for the chart's peak position, with last week's #1, Norah Jones' Not Too Late, selling close to 236,000 units, and slipping one spot to #2, according to the latest SoundScan totals.

But Fall Out fans weren't just snatching up copies of Infinity on High — many evidently also grabbed a copy of Cork Tree, and that album returns to the top 200 this week at #168, selling 5,300 units.

Elsewhere on the chart, for a third straight week, Daughtry, the self-titled debut from "American Idol" finalist Chris Daughtry's rock outfit, holds at #3, with 76,000 copies sold, while Akon's Konvicted climbs two places to #4, selling 64,700 copies. Bowing at #5 on next week's chart is Headstrong, the debut studio offering from Ashley Tisdale, who plays Sharpay Evans in the Disney Channel original movie "High School Musical." The LP sold close to 64,000 copies and was one of just three albums to debut in the chart's top 10; the other, country singer Jason Michael Carroll's Waitin' in the Country, claims the #8 slot, with 57,600 scans.

Robin Thicke's Evolution of Robin Thicke jumps three positions this week to #6, with sales reported at 60,800 (a 17 percent sales surge). The 2007 Grammy Nominees compilation — featuring 23 tracks from this year's award contenders, including Gnarls Barkley, John Mayer, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Justin Timberlake and James Blunt — follows at #7, selling just 50 fewer copies than Thicke's LP. Meanwhile, Grammy nominee Corinne Bailey Rae's self-titled album — which enjoyed a 32 percent spike in sales — takes the chart's #9 spot, with 51,500 scans, and Justin Timberlake's FutureSex/LoveSounds enjoys a 24 percent sales boost to round out the top 10 with 48,400 copies sold.

A total of 11 new releases found their way onto next week's chart, including Bloc Party's latest, A Weekend in the City, which bows at #12 with 47,700 sold. Patty Griffin's Children Running Through debuts at #34 with 26,600 scans, while Jordan Pruitt's No Ordinary Girl fills the #64 slot, selling 14,000 units; Pruitt was the opening act for "High School Musical: The Concert." The Used's live Berth set follows at #71, with 12,800 copies sold, while Bayside's Walking Wounded opens at #75 with 12,600 scans. The Barenaked Ladies' Barenaked Ladies Are Men claims the #102 spot with 9,800 copies snatched up, while Rickie Lee Jones' Sermon on Explosion Boulevard opens at #158 with sales of 5,800.

Prince's Super Bowl halftime performance two weeks ago helped boost sales of his third hits collection, Ultimate, by a whopping 170 percent. The album sold close to 4,800 copies — around 3,000 more than the album had netted the week before.

I'm starting to think Foxy Brown & Li' Kim were joined at birth. Every month one of them seems to get thrown into jail.

http://www.canada.com/topics/enterta...7352e9&k=93336

Foxy Brown busted for assault

Rap star Foxy Brown is in trouble with the law again.

The performer, whose real name is Inga Marchand, was arrested Thursday night after an incident in a beauty supply store in Florida.

Police in Broward County confirm that Brown, 30, was charged with battery and resisting arrest with violence after she allegedly spit in the face of a shop employee and then tussled with an officer.

According to police, the rapper was using some products in the bathroom of Queen Beauty Supply in Pembroke Pines when clerk Hayssam Ghoneim told her it was closing time and she had to leave. She allegedly threw hair glue at Ghoneim and then spat on his stomach.

An officer responding to a 911 call found Brown elsewhere in the shopping plaza and asked her to return to the store but she allegedly refused and started to swat and struggle. The police report claims the officer had to use a “takedown maneuver to gain control.”

Brown was booked and held overnight in a Pompano Beach jail. Bond was set at $1500 (U.S.).

The rap star was sentenced last October to three years probation and ordered to take anger management classes after assaulting two manicurists in New York City in 2004.

Can you imagine - "I took down Foxy Brown today."
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

+ Reply to Thread