+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Music News

Gaaaaaaaaackkkk! (runs screaming from the room)
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Rapper Young Buck arrested in Nashville

There's just something about seeing the words rapper and Nashville in the same sentence that has me . I'm originally from Nashville and I find it comical.
    Sat Jan 27, 5:51 PM ET

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - David Darnell Brown, a rapper known as Young Buck who records on 50 Cent's G-Unit Record label, was arrested on a warrant for failing to appear in court on a previous driving violation, police said.

The 25-year-old was stopped Friday after an officer said he observed Brown weaving in his black Cadillac Escalade near downtown Nashville.

Brown was cited last July on a misdemeanor violation for driving on a suspended license. He now has a valid license, but his record showed the outstanding warrant for last year's charge. He was released on $1,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in court Feb. 27.

Efforts to reach Brown's representatives Friday night were unsuccessful. A message left with his booking agent was not immediately returned.

The rapper was in his hometown on Thursday for an event by fashion designer Gino Green and to promote his new album "Buck The World," WKRN-TV reported.

In December 2005, Brown pleaded no contest to a felony in the stabbing of a man during a melee at the 2004 Vibe Awards show. He was sentenced to three years' probation.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070127/...9mBHNlYwMxNjk3

Bluesman BB King leaves hospital

They're saying it was just the flu.
    Blues legend BB King has been discharged from hospital in Texas after a bout of flu, and his management says he is "back to his old self".

The 81-year-old had a fever after contracting flu and was admitted to the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston on Friday.

He had to cancel two concerts in the city, but will now play as scheduled in Fort Worth, Texas on Tuesday.

King, who is diabetic, was reported to be otherwise in good health.

His other Texan concerts in Galveston, Orange and Tyler, which were scheduled over this weekend, will now take place in June, said Tina France, a spokeswoman for King's management company.

King was "feeling fabulous", she said.

Slowing down

King was recently awarded America's highest civilian honour by President George W Bush.

The musician was presented with the Presidential Medal of Freedom in a White House ceremony on 15 December.

The 14-times Grammy-winner launched his professional career in 1947.

He is best-known for his hits "Every Day I Have The Blues" and "The Thrill Is Gone", performed on his guitar, Lucille.

In July he performed at the Montreux Jazz Festival in Switzerland for the last time, having played there for more than 20 years.

King gave up touring outside the US last year.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6305097.stm

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...p/16573413.htm

Posted on Mon, Jan. 29, 2007
    Brandy may be charged in vehicle death
    Associated Press
    LOS ANGELES - The California Highway Patrol recommended Monday that actress-singer Brandy be charged with misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter in a freeway crash that killed a woman motorist last month, a city attorney's spokesman said.

The CHP referred the matter to the city attorney's office for review, said spokesman Nick Velasquez.

"The office is currently reviewing the case and determining whether the evidence warrants the filing of a misdemeanor charge of vehicular manslaughter," Velasquez said.

A message seeking comment from Brandy's publicist, Courtney Barnes, was not immediately returned.

Brandy, whose real name is Brandy Norwood, has publicly expressed condolences to the victim's family, Barnes said last week. Barnes also has said Brandy wasn't under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the crash.

Brandy, 27, was driving a Land Rover on Interstate 405 on Dec. 30 when traffic slowed and her vehicle struck the back of Honda driven by Awatef Aboudihaj, 38, according to a CHP report.

Aboudihaj's car hit another vehicle, slid sideways into the center divider and was then hig by another car, the report said. Aboudihaj died at a hospital from blunt-force injuries, according to the coroner's office.

Accidents happen and I feel terrible for anyone who has to carry on their conscience that they contributed to someone else's death, but I don't want her to get special treatment. I'd expect for her to face the same charges as the average citizen. If charges aren't warranted in this case (I'm not saying they are or aren't) then if the same incident were to happen to the average citizen then I'd expect the same outcome. But I know that wouldn't be the case.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Brandy has always struck me as a fairly decent non-Diva-ish non-Hollywood type. Not into drinking, drugs, or abuse of her fame (although face it... she missed the "superstar" boat by quite a bit).

Has there been any reason to believe she was driving recklessly (note that a sober person, which they already confirmed she was, can still be held accountable as "reckless")? The general highway speed limit is 65 mph in California, and I believe 70 mph in many places. The reports all say she was traveling at 65 mph. She still COULD have been speeding if it was a slower posted zone, but none of the articles say if this is the case.

Again, she has struck me over the years as decent enough a person that she's got to be in agony over this.

Although the charge is labeled as a misdemeanour, please note that she's still facing a possible year in jail.

On the other hand seeing this might kill your sympathy a bit, assuming these photos are actually real: http://www.snarkygossip.com/2007/01/...dys-car-crash/

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    This morning, I heard that she was going 65, but that traffic is really bad at the time of the morning that it happened, and that is what makes her driving reckless. It was my understanding that Brandy hit the woman in the rear, the woman's car then hit the wall, and another car then hit the woman in her door. Brandy's hit didn't kill the woman, but Brandy's impact sent the car careening on it's fateful journey.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The initial articles indicated that it was stop and go traffic (as most California traffic is), so to be going 65mph in an SUV and rear end another driver in a short Honda... she really wasn't paying attention, nor paying attention per the conditions.

Nonetheless, it is a tragic, tragic accident. And eww... the pictures are not good. With that significant of rear end damage...
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I wonder if either a cell phone or listening to the radio was involved (or both)? Those are the two main causes for drivers to get inattentive...

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

http://www.katu.com/news/entertainment/5413541.html

NEW YORK (AP) - The Police will reunite to perform at this year's Grammys ceremony, the Recording Academy announced Tuesday.

The award-winning group, which won five grammys and turned out hits such as "Roxanne" and "Every Breath You Take," will open the event - 23 years after breaking up.

The band - singer Sting, guitarist Stewart Copeland and drummer Andy Summers - fused reggae with pop and rock, and last performed together in 2003 when they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

CBS will air the 49th annual Grammy Awards live from Los Angeles on Feb. 11.
    Whoo hoo! Now the only question will be whether 25 years of Sting's pretentiousness can be counteracted by the sum of the force that is The Police.

ETA: What on earth is "misdemeanor manslaughter?" What a ridiculous oxymoron.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

+ Reply to Thread