+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Music News

Oy vey - brings back scarring memories of Dave in his striped tights. Eww. VH was not my cup of tea back in the day.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmar;2216151;
    Oy vey - brings back scarring memories of Dave in his striped tights. Eww. VH was not my cup of tea back in the day.
    I love him......much to my parents chagrin I had a poster of David Lee hanging on my wall and he had on black leather pants, no shirt and he was handcuffed above his head to a fence... dirty little thoughts
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan;2215897;
    http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pb...701250360/1023
    January 25, 2007
    Brandy involved in accident that kills 38-year-old woman
    In a day and age where the media is all over everything, after the sad result of the woman being killed, I wondered how exactly it was that no one knew about this till now.

B.B. King hospitalized in Texas

I certainly hope it's nothing big.
    Associated Press
    Friday, January 26, 2007 7:07 AM

GALVESTON, Texas (AP) -- B.B. King was hospitalized for undisclosed reasons but was in good condition early Friday, a hospital official said.

The 81-year-old bluesman, who had been scheduled to perform at the Grand Opera House on Thursday night, was admitted to The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, said Paul McCarthy, a nurse administrator.

McCarthy said King was not in the intensive care unit and that he could be released later Friday or Saturday.

A message left with King's management agency, Lieberman Management LLC of New York, was not immediately returned early Friday.

With his trademark guitar that he named "Lucille," King racked up hits including "The Thrill is Gone," "Every Day I Have the Blues" and "You Upset me Baby."

Born on a plantation in Itta Bena, Miss., King started out on street corners playing for pocket change, according to his Web site. He went on to become one of the nation's most influential blues musicians.

In December, President Bush awarded King the Presidential Medal of Freedom for his musical contributions.
    http://dispatch.com/news-story.php?story=242639

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2216187;
    I love him......much to my parents chagrin I had a poster of David Lee hanging on my wall and he had on black leather pants, no shirt and he was handcuffed above his head to a fence... dirty little thoughts
    Hee! I had a poster of David Byrne's torso in the Big Suit.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2216805;
    I certainly hope it's nothing big.
    Quote:
    Associated Press
    Friday, January 26, 2007 7:07 AM

GALVESTON, Texas (AP) -- B.B. King was hospitalized for undisclosed reasons but was in good condition early Friday, a hospital official said.

The 81-year-old bluesman, who had been scheduled to perform at the Grand Opera House on Thursday night, was admitted to The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, said Paul McCarthy, a nurse administrator.

McCarthy said King was not in the intensive care unit and that he could be released later Friday or Saturday.

A message left with King's management agency, Lieberman Management LLC of New York, was not immediately returned early Friday.

With his trademark guitar that he named "Lucille," King racked up hits including "The Thrill is Gone," "Every Day I Have the Blues" and "You Upset me Baby."

Born on a plantation in Itta Bena, Miss., King started out on street corners playing for pocket change, according to his Web site. He went on to become one of the nation's most influential blues musicians.

In December, President Bush awarded King the Presidential Medal of Freedom for his musical contributions.
    http://dispatch.com/news-story.php?story=242639

I know that B.B. King has diabetes. I love listening to the blues and he is a very good guitar player.

Quote Originally Posted by jasmar;2216151;
    Like this????

Three words: Yankee Rose video.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Do I have the right Dave when I say I think I remember him deciding to become an EMT? Wonder if he ever worked in that field?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2217473;
    Do I have the right Dave when I say I think I remember him deciding to become an EMT? Wonder if he ever worked in that field?
    He did...he was an EMT in New York City! I would have loved to have been resuscitated by DLR!!!

And oh yeah ArchieComicFan....Yankee Rose!!!

+ Reply to Thread