+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 66 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Music News

I was about to say pretty much the same thing, LG. This has such a high ewwww factor… in so many ways.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Evan Rachel Wood has always been a little different. Not just based on the roles she's played, but off screen as well. However, this is just beyond gross. I can't understand his appeal. What makes him so interesting?

Hmm… I just read the "I Love New York" recap earlier today, and she (NY, that is) apparently made it quite clear that she liked one of the creeps, er losers, er guys because he's a thug. Maybe Marilyn Manson is the suburban white girl's version of a thug.
    Token Christian.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    MTV Movie Awards to air live for first time

Thu Jan 11,10:32 PM ET

Reality TV guru Mark Burnett is getting into business with MTV again.

The network said Thursday that the man behind "Survivor" and "The Apprentice" has signed on to executive produce the 2007 MTV Movie Awards, which for the first time ever will air live this summer.

This marks a return to the network for Burnett, who started his career at MTV with "Eco-Challenge" in the mid-1990s.

Burnett and MTV president Christina Norman said the decision to go live for the first time in the show's 16-year history was spurred by the desire to make the show -- which features awards in such categories as best kiss, best villain and best comedic performance -- feel more spontaneous.

"It really is the anti-awards show," Burnett said. "Doing it live really lends itself to what MTV stand for -- (things will happen) on the fly, it will be more unscripted, less overly written teleprompter stuff, and it will let the stars have more fun."

But Burnett added that he has no plans to change the show's format drastically .

"It's a brilliant show, and certainly things are sacrosanct," he said. "I'm not coming in to re-invent what is a wonderful franchise. I just want to have fun with it and loosen it up a little bit."

The 16th annual awards show is set to air June 3 from Los Angeles, with the nominees and exact location to be announced in the spring. MTV already goes live with its flagship awards show, the MTV Video Music Awards.

MTV Awards
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by jasmar;2202442;
    Hmm… I just read the "I Love New York" recap earlier today, and she (NY, that is) apparently made it quite clear that she liked one of the creeps, er losers, er guys because he's a thug. Maybe Marilyn Manson is the suburban white girl's version of a thug.
    Oh, no no no.... he's a suburban white girl's version of a FREAK.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Hee!
    Token Christian.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...1_%5BFeed%5D-5

Country singer Keith Urban ends rehab, plans tour
    Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:39pm ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Country singer Keith Urban has ended a three-month stint in rehab for alcohol addiction, and his publicist said he is planning a world tour to promote his new album.
    Urban, 39, and his wife of almost seven months, actress Nicole Kidman, attended a private party in Los Angeles following the Golden Globe Awards on Monday, People magazine reported. It quoted a spokesman as saying that Urban had been officially released from the undisclosed rehab facility.

Urban, who has a history of drug and alcohol abuse, entered rehab about two weeks before the November 7 release of his fourth studio album "Love, Pain & the whole crazy thing," which debuted at No. 3 on the U.S. pop charts. It is now No. 30.

In a statement, Urban's publicist said his world tour will begin in April with a short run of club shows in Britain and Germany. He will play arenas in his native Australia in May, and will launch the North American leg in June.

Reuters

Yay! Best of luck to him!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Good luck to Keith. I sure would like to see Carrie Underwood join him on this tour.

Good luck for him. I wish him the best

+ Reply to Thread