+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pop Star Reveals He's Gay

FORT Fogey
    My People magazine was in the mail when I got home today, and I just finished reading the article. I have to say, I was really impressed. When NSync was big, I can't say that Lance ever really impressed me for much of anything. But I give him a lot of credit for giving a very honest, candid, but not famewhorish interview to People.

He did a great job I thought of humanizing a coming out story -- of saying "being gay is one thing that I am - but it's not the single way you should know me anymore.". He also did a great job of conveying some of the hardships he's faced ... the fear of rejection from his family, the joy of being assured by their love, the hurt that "is he gay" gossip mongering brought him. All in all, I was really impressed with his self-confidence. He deserves a big pat on the back for the way he handled telling his story.

I'm going to have to get that issue.

I don't see what the big deal is. So, he's gay. That doesn't make him any less talented. I am dang jealous, though. Reichen is very good looking. Not that I ever would have had a chance.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I never liked Lance, and probably never will but I think that it's great that he's being honest and being true to himself.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Well, I was away on vacation and completely oblivious to the news and I have to admit that I was a little shocked. I never pegged Lance as gay..didn't know anything about Kathy Griffin's show either....does it matter to me that he is? Heck no..my ex husband is gay and I'm all for gay rights and equality. I'm very proud of Lance for coming out and hope that he is happier and more at peace with himself!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    I'm going to have to get that issue.

I don't see what the big deal is. So, he's gay. That doesn't make him any less talented. I am dang jealous, though. Reichen is very good looking. Not that I ever would have had a chance.
    That's pretty much the message Lance conveys in the article too ... well, except the part about not having a chance with Reichen.

I find it kinda amusing that a network here in Seattle is showing that crappy movie he did, today.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

I have the new People magazine. You should read it! It's about Lance and his sexuality.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka View Post
    My People magazine was in the mail when I got home today, and I just finished reading the article. I have to say, I was really impressed. When NSync was big, I can't say that Lance ever really impressed me for much of anything. But I give him a lot of credit for giving a very honest, candid, but not famewhorish interview to People.

He did a great job I thought of humanizing a coming out story -- of saying "being gay is one thing that I am - but it's not the single way you should know me anymore.". He also did a great job of conveying some of the hardships he's faced ... the fear of rejection from his family, the joy of being assured by their love, the hurt that "is he gay" gossip mongering brought him. All in all, I was really impressed with his self-confidence. He deserves a big pat on the back for the way he handled telling his story.
    i totally agree. he handled it with class and elegance. his bf his hotter than me that's for sure.

I thought the interview was good as well. I'm glad that he's decided to be out in the open about everything.

The thing that through me off was the part about him saying that's he's been in love with women before. But good for him for telling the world and not letting the rumours get to him.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke View Post
    aren't ALL the queer eye guys gay? that's what the whole show is about!
    Well yeah they are, but someone merely posted they had to look up to see who Ted Allen is...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast