+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pop Star Reveals He's Gay

Chip and Reichen#1 chipnreichenfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by #1RealityTVFan View Post
    Wow!!!! I'm shocked!!!! He is sooo hot!!!! I can't believe Lance is gay!!!
    I think I don't like him anymore....wow!!! I'm still shocked!!!
    Don't like him anymore because he's gay ..hmmm...not like he killed someone...to each his/her own i guess
    The greatest gift is to love and to be loved in return..The Moulin Rouge

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat View Post
    Hey... wonder if he'll become one of Kathy's "Main Gays" now. He has been on her show a couple times now, right? I say, hey, more power to him for coming out. It had to be hard for him, being in the spotlight... and in a boyband spotlight to.

And ya know what the say, #1RealityZTVFan, they hot ones are always gay lol
    When he was over at Kathy's on that one episode, I wondered. And then wasn't he in Vegas when they were getting free stuff (vodka) I think I did see his bf in the background. I will have to check the re-runs.

He probably is already one of her main gays.

it's good that he came out but who is it that he goes with
    what reality tv star

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by DagnyTaggart View Post
    I wonder how I've been brainwashed to use the word "band" for a group of singer/dancers with no instruments...
    I wonder how the the world has been brainwashed into this. That really bugs me. A musical band should have instruments!

Back on topic. It must have been hard for him to keep up the boyband image and hide who he is. I have never really thought of boy bands as manly and crush worthy materials and I am a heterosexual female in my 20s; probably not their target market. I prefer men who know how to drive and use a pickup truck. I was never into the metrosexual thing. Cleaning up for a special occasion is one thing, but he spends more daily time in the mirror than I do, we have a problem. Nick Lachey has nice muscles, but so does Reichen.

Wasn't there a British boyband, I think they were called Westlife, where one of the members came out? I remember reading about on the BBC site.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipsideboy90 View Post
    it's good that he came out but who is it that he goes with
    what reality tv star
    Reichen Lehmkuhl (oh, he changed his last name, didn't he?) from The Amazing Race 1.

Good for Lance Bass for feeling comfortable enough to come out and be proud of himself for who he is. It's a shame that it took a zealot reporter to "out" him, but for the position he was in earlier it's certainly understandable.

If you don't like someone simply because you find out that their sexuality is different than yours........ then I'm sure that person just doesn't mind one whit that you're not a fan or friend.
    Last edited by speedbump; 07-26-2006 at 10:30 PM.

To tell you the truth, I thought it was common knowledge. I have always assumed that he is gay, and that's about it. I never kept up with the"band" much except for Justin whose family lives here. People's sexual preference matters very little to me.

Good for Lance! I think it was very brave move for him, and hopefully his coming out will have a positive effect on the general public's perception of gay people.

Pity that this still has to be such a big deal in 2006, though. I'd have thought by this point in time we'd be beyond this.

Having not been a huge fan of NSYNC's music (I was way more into Backstreet Boys--J/K ), I agree with SuperBrat, I think I like Lance even better after this.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Reichen Lehmkuhl (oh, he changed his last name, didn't he?) from The Amazing Race 1.
    Reichen wasn't in the first season of TAR - I think it was season five or six (somewhere in the middle).

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky
    Wasn't there a British boyband, I think they were called Westlife, where one of the members came out? I remember reading about on the BBC site.
    Yes, Stephen Gately. But, again, he came out after Westlife had pretty much ended. It's a shame they can't be out from the beginning. The first winner of Pop Idol in Britain (their version of American Idol) came out pretty quickly and he's been very accepted. I think the whole boy band thing though...they often don't even like to admit they have girlfriends (at least in the beginning). It's all about wanting young girls to fall in love with them, I guess, and that means appearing unattached and heterosexual.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Reichen wasn't in the first season of TAR - I think it was season five or six (somewhere in the middle).
    Reichen was the winner of Season One.

Nope, CCL's right. They were TAR 4. Here's their thread: Reichen & Chip

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast