+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sirius satellite radio

Sirius satellite radio

I just got my new Sirius radio hooked up and signed up. I got a great deal from ebay on a receiver that I can put in the house and the car.

Anyone else have it?

I decided to get it after my last rental car had it, and I spent the week listening to such fine things as HairNation

JR.
    I have it and XM, and I love them both. I could never go back to regular radio now.

Hair Nation does kick ass, it takes me back to highschool. Octane, Hard Attack, and Buzzsaw are pretty cool too.

I used to have XM, but then got Sirius. I think they have better programming. HairNation rocks.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I use to be an XM subscriber, switched to Sirius.
    Love it!
    I enjoy listening to Howard Stern. So bad...but the show just cracks me up.

JR.
    You don't have to hide Ana, you are not alone

Me and my co-workers were juast talking about Sirius today. I wouldn't mind getting it either. How much does it run a month?

MRD
    I got XM in the car for Christmas last year. I LOVE it. NEver have tried Sirus.
    I hear songs I know I haven't head in 20 years sometimes.

And I love both Petty and Dylan's shows on XM.

Dh bought it only so he could listen to Air America talk radio because we can't get it locally on regular radio.

I will never listen to regular radio again and I want a receiver for inside the house now.

You can listen to XM on your computer if you have an account. I don't know if Sirus is the same way.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I have XM & I love it. There is nothing like listening to a station that never plays commercials. At the first of the year XM 40 Deep Cuts played 5,002 songs in a row in alphebetical order. Sometimes they would play the same song by 5 or 6 different artists & it was great to hear the different interpretations.

I didn't get Sirius because I have a huge aversion to subsidizing Howard Stern & his same old tired schtick that he has been doing since I first heard him on DC101 in Washington DC.

I told my husband I want XM for my birthday in Sept. but I want the receiver for the house too. I'm tired of the same old stuff on the radio. I could get fancy and ask for the kind that has an mp3 player too but I know it would be out of our budget and I already have an ipod shuffle. I wonder if I can record songs to the computer if you can listen to XM on the computer?

I also opt not to get Sirius because of Howard Stern but to each their own.

So it sounds like most of you are happy with either one. I guess the main thing is how good a deal I can get on the radio itself.

I've really been thinking about doing this since Air America was taken off the air here in early June.

Any recommendations on a player? I don't need the top of the line or anything.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast