+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Sirius satellite radio

Re: Sirius satellite radio

I was going to cut my XM subscription and called them and told them so, but then they offered it to me for HALF price. So I kept it, although they cut off the internet listening, which I am not happy about.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat;3472756;
    I was going to cut my XM subscription and called them and told them so, but then they offered it to me for HALF price. So I kept it, although they cut off the internet listening, which I am not happy about.
    I'm not happy about that either. I thought it was perfectly reasonable when they offered the lower quality feed for free with a nominal fee for high quality. I wonder if they are getting many people to pay for it now? Although I really like my Sirius, there are too many alternatives for free streaming audio online for me to consider paying extra for Sirius on the Internet!

FORT Fogey

I agree. I can understand cutting off the opportunity to subscribe to on-line only. But to cutoff paying subscribers to listen on-line when away from their radio units is just stupid. I don't think they were thinking of the mindset of most of their subscribers. I think that most of their subscribers are people who either want the programming so they get a device for their car, or get a car that has it built in, enjoy the programming, so they continue the subscription after a free trial runs out. They're focused primarily on listening in the car and aren't going to buy multiple units / boom boxes / etc to listen everywher all the time. I listened on-line because I could, and knew the programming as opposed to figuring out other stations / sites for other streaming. Without being able to listen on line, I find other programs ... which are more likely to make me discover terrestrial stations I can listen to in my car, taking away my need to continue subscribing to Sirrius / XM!

I never listened online anyway, so free or for charge it really doesn't bother me. These guys have to figure out a way to stay afloat. I would hate to lose my XM, I love it to death.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567