+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Norah Jones sweeps the Grammys

Sleeping with George W
    Norah Jones -- blech. I hate that lazy, flat style of singing she does. I think she's just this year's flavor of the week and won't last. (at least I hope she doesn't last!)

During the MTV Asia Awards, Avril couldn't perform live. And she failed again during the grammys.

I thought Norah was in the jazz catergory. How could she be nominated for pop?She sings like she doesn't have any life. I was hoping Michelle Branch win Best female artist though. Or Eminem winning the best male artist.

But I was pretty happy that The Game of love won the best collaboration and Eminem winning the award. (I cannot remember which award though.

I loved the tribute to the Bee Gees.

Rox
    riding through Paris with the warm wind in my hair
    well, I guess it depends on how you view things.. I enjoyed the show.
    I agree with your thoughts on Avril, however... I didn't realize she was that bad, damn what a good mixer/producer can do, huh?

I totally loved Simon and Garfunkel.. that was such a treat watching them. I loved the Boss, and I always enjoy seeing Em. I really don't like Nelly's 'hot in here', but he didn't sing the whole song
    "The fastest way to succeed is to look as if you're playing by somebody else's rules, while quietly playing by your own."

I have to second fluff's emotions: IT WAS THE WORST GRAMMY AWARDS I'D EVER SEEN. It was also, like, 7 HOURS LONG!

There were no moments or performances that stood out for me, it was just one long and drawn out trial. The energy was low and the pacing was slow--even the performers didn't seem particularly enthused to be there, like everyone had forgotten to take their Prozac.

Good Lord, I felt like I needed Prozac myself after it was done!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Originally posted by unexplained
    Yup, Avril Lavigne had an awful outfit to go with her performance. Anyway, I had a friend who attended her concert in Singapore when she came over for MTV Asia Awards. She cannot sing live and her band were so loud that people could hardly listen to her singing at all.
    I watched the MTV Asia Awards as well as the Grammies and both of her performances were just plain awful. She cannot sing live, and her voice is actually much lower in real life than on her album.

I wonder why she was invited to sing on the Grammies.

Also, I expected her to sing 'Complicated' or 'I'm With You', not Sk8er Boi. *wrinkles nose*

I was absolutely over the moon when I found out that Michelle Branch won a Grammy for her collaboration with Santana. I didn't finish watching the Grammies (it was too drawn-out for my liking) and missed watching her present the Album of the Year Grammy.

You guys have probably realised by now that Michelle Branch is one of my favourite singers, besides Darren Hayes.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Yup, we got the idea Tash. Michelle's talented but I'm not a fan. Heard her songs but not so fanatical.

Great job on her winning the collaboration with Santana.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Originally posted by unexplained
    Yup, we got the idea Tash. Michelle's talented but I'm not a fan. Heard her songs but not so fanatical.

When I get fanatical about something, I really get fanatical.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I understand, Tash. Check out the "anyone here watch soccer" board.

I can get fanatical too.

Well, so far I really liked Christina Aguilera. However when she turned out freaky recently, I having mixed feelings about her.

She has a great voice though. Cannot be compared to Britney (Eek!) Sad that her life turned out the way it did.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Speaking of which, I still can't believe Britney was nominated for two Grammies.

Christina Aguilera's voice is still as good as ever (maybe even better!), but I really don't know why she's trying to change her image that much. There's really no need for her to parade around in really revealing outfits.. Hm..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12