+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paris Hilton's new album

in banana world

Paris Hilton's new album

I just saw Paris Hilton's new music video for the song "Stars are Blind", and I must say, even though I don't particularly like Paris Hilton, this song was not so bad. It has a catchy tune, and her voice sounded pretty decent even though I'm sure we all know the voice is completely altered and fixed.

If you want to see the video, you can do so by going to thesuperficial.com and scrolling down until you see it. Oh, by the way, besides the song, I thought the video was bad and her acting was even worse.

Anyways, just wanted to hear some different opinions on her new song, but try to forget for a moment that it's Paris Hilton we're talking about here.

I had the same opinion that you had..... not a bad tune, but obviously overprocessed fluff.

I didn't mind the beach scenes, but the ones with her dancing just had me laughing hysterically. The moves this girl thinks are sexy are just too funny.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Her voice is monotonous - never changes at all. No high notes, no low notes, no excitement. Just the.same.tone.over.and.over. I could probably sing a song good too if I didn't try to change my inflections or hit notes I can't and with a voice track added

Now Mariah, Whitney, Kelly Clarkson - they can belt out a tune and you can feel the passion of the song.

Cute for a beach party but I'd enjoy it better if it was just the music.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 06-08-2006 at 10:35 AM.

FORT Fogey
    actually i happen to like paris.

I can't stand Paris Hilton. The song is pretty blah and monotonous to me, and IMO she doesn't have any musical talent. But then again a lot of songs now are pretty monotonous, and don't require much musical talent to perform.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

in banana world
    I agree that the song is monotonous, but seriously, it could have been a lot worse

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    They were talking about this on the radio the other day...apparently Paris' vocals are so weak and thin that they had to layer her voice 5 deep on the track in order to get out what you hear. Which is the reason she won't be going on a tour to perform live.

I will not buy this CD...I don't want to encourage her anymore.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Igotalife View Post
    They were talking about this on the radio the other day...apparently Paris' vocals are so weak and thin that they had to layer her voice 5 deep on the track in order to get out what you hear. Which is the reason she won't be going on a tour to perform live.
    Hmmm...not surprising. The song, as others have said, is not really that bad (and I can't abide Paris Hilton). But, much like other celebrities who fancy themselves singers/release songs *cough* Gwyenth Paltrow *cough* her voice seems to have a very limited range. It's more like she is speaking in a sing-song voice rather than really singing.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I finally heard the song this morning and was surprised to find that it didn't suck. As silly, summery club hits go, it's really not that bad.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Chakos::Linkletter::Epley breezez_air's Avatar
    It's really a bad song. I think a lot of people are gonna have a hard time admitting they like Paris Hilton's song. But the video looks like a Calvin Klein perfum ad.
    I don't wanna get fat like you
    Don't even believe in the F Word...FAT
    ...Perhaps you meant PEE AYTCH AY TEE
    Yeah...I did
    - Stacy Ann and Whitney- ANTM 10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast