+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Name one song that you can hear anytime and still love it...

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Oh joy, there's someone else on the planet who loves this song and for what seems like the same reason. The combination of sappy melody and morbid lyricism is like a...I was trying to think of some combination of chocolate with something unlikely that I would actually enjoy, but can't. Anyway, I've been defending my appreciation of this song for thirty years and will continue to do so until it's hard to die, when all the birds are singing in the sky, now that spring is in the air...
    Well, know I know what song will be going through my head and keeping me awake tonight.

"We had joy, we had fun......"
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

okay spelling off here. Bohemian Rhapsody QUEEN

love love love it!!
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl View Post
    Here's another song I never get tired of hearing: "Seasons in the Sun" by Terry Jacks. Admittedly, it's a bit cheesy, but it clearly does something to me since I get goose bumps and a huge lump in my throat whenever I hear it. The other night, when I was watching an episode of Millennium on DVD, a psycho killer was singing a sappy karaoke version of it as he was about to kill his victim. Even when placed in such a surreal, morbid context, I reacted to it. I think it's a combination of the super-sad lyrics and the wistful melody. "Goodbye, my friend, it's hard to die when the birds are singing in the sky"...

ETA: I had no idea it was Jacques Brel who wrote it. That explains a lot. I love Jacques Brel.
    I found this bit of trivia on Seasons In The Sun, so here ya go.

Terry Jacks recorded his 1974 number one hit, "Seasons In The Sun" in 1973, but the master tape sat on a shelf in his basement for more than a year. One day, a newspaper delivery boy heard Terry playing it and asked if he could bring some friends by to listen to it. Their enthusiasm convinced Jacks to release it on his own label and it soon topped the record charts in the US, Canada and the UK and sold over six million copies worldwide

IN JAIL, WONDERING WHERE MY KLONDIKE BAR IS!?...
    I found myself reading all of your posts and saying "Oh, I love that song" to so many of them. The truth is there are so many songs I never get tired of and love to hear over and over. I could never ever pick a favorite song because I love so many of them. R&B, Motown, Pop, Rock, Disco, Alternative, New Wave, etc.

One song in particular I will mention would be Don McLean's American Pie. It is the first song I have conscious memory of. I was five years old when it hit the airwaves and every time I hear it it reminds of that time in my life. After thirty-five years I still love to hear it.
    "YOU BREATH THE SAME AIR THE BILLIONAIRES DO" Russell Simmons

"We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give." Winston Chruchill

"Africa"-Toto

Never get tired of it...love it!

Bon Jovi's "Bed Of Roses". LOVE it!
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Oh yeah...."Tragedy"-Beegees

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345