+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 47

Thread: Name one song that you can hear anytime and still love it...

  1. #21
    Culture slut geek the girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    The deep, dark woods
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,930
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    It's great how much musical tastes vary, because for me REM is one of the worst & most over rated bands to come down the pipe in years. So start throwing stones now, I'm ready.
    *throws stones in razorbacker's general direction*

    If you think they're over-rated, you can't have heard their early, pre-Out of Time stuff. They pretty much reinvented the American indie rock scene in the early 80's.

    Yeah, yeah, I know, different strokes and all that, but I can't help it: whenever someone badmouths R.E.M., I step up on my soap box. But then again, you're talking to the girl who has a gigantic framed poster of Michael Stipe in her living room.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

  2. #22
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10,918
    Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl View Post
    *throws stones in razorbacker's general direction*

    If you think they're over-rated, you can't have heard their early, pre-Out of Time stuff. They pretty much reinvented the American indie rock scene in the early 80's.

    Yeah, yeah, I know, different strokes and all that, but I can't help it: whenever someone badmouths R.E.M., I step up on my soap box. But then again, you're talking to the girl who has a gigantic framed poster of Michael Stipe in her living room.
    Thanks for not being to tough on me, but I would equate REM in overratedness to a band from way back that I never got either & that would be Mott The Hoople. Maybe I'm just so hopelessly out of touch that I have no idea any more.

  3. #23
    Chakos::Linkletter::Epley breezez_air's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    London, England
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,032
    Dance, Dance- Fall Out Boy
    I don't wanna get fat like you
    Don't even believe in the F Word...FAT
    ...Perhaps you meant PEE AYTCH AY TEE
    Yeah...I did
    - Stacy Ann and Whitney- ANTM 10

  4. #24
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    54
    Posts
    16,893
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    a band from way back that I never got either & that would be Mott The Hoople. Maybe I'm just so hopelessly out of touch that I have no idea any more.
    I never got them either. and I Too feel hopelessly out of touch as well.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  5. #25
    Qboots
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Thanks for not being to tough on me, but I would equate REM in overratedness to a band from way back that I never got either & that would be Mott The Hoople. Maybe I'm just so hopelessly out of touch that I have no idea any more.
    *Qboots hands geek some more stones*

  6. #26
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10,918
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    *Qboots hands geek some more stones*
    Would those be more REM stones or a new bunch for Mott the Hoople. I have to know where to attribute the bruises.

  7. #27
    Qboots
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Would those be more REM stones or a new bunch for Mott the Hoople. I have to know where to attribute the bruises.
    Both, actually.

  8. #28
    Culture slut geek the girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    The deep, dark woods
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,930
    I was out driving with my dad yesterday when "Born To Run" with Bruce Springsteen came on the radio. Being ever the FORT fiend, I immediately made a mental note to post in this thread a.s.a.p. So yeah, "Born To Run" is another song I can't seem to get tired of. Interestingly enough, I only own one Springsteen album, but whenever I accidentally hear a Springsteen song, I get all giddy. Especially if it's "Born To Run": there's a strange but alluring energy in that song that makes me want to jump into a car and drive out of town, leave all the mundaneness (that's a word, right? I don't want to come across like the FORT version of ANTM6's Jade ) behind and go someplace I've never been before. Which is pretty much the basic sentiment of the song.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

  9. #29
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10,918
    Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl View Post
    I was out driving with my dad yesterday when "Born To Run" with Bruce Springsteen came on the radio. Being ever the FORT fiend, I immediately made a mental note to post in this thread a.s.a.p. So yeah, "Born To Run" is another song I can't seem to get tired of. Interestingly enough, I only own one Springsteen album, but whenever I accidentally hear a Springsteen song, I get all giddy. Especially if it's "Born To Run": there's a strange but alluring energy in that song that makes me want to jump into a car and drive out of town, leave all the mundaneness (that's a word, right? I don't want to come across like the FORT version of ANTM6's Jade ) behind and go someplace I've never been before. Which is pretty much the basic sentiment of the song.
    Well even if we don't see eye to eye on REM, at least I can agree with you on the Boss. One song of his that I don't think gets played enough & that I always enjoy is Tunnel Of Love.

  10. #30
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10,918
    Another song that I don't hear often enough but I like it everytime I do is Blowin Free by Wishbone Ash. Wailing guitars never sounded so good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.