+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Name one song that you can hear anytime and still love it...

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    It's great how much musical tastes vary, because for me REM is one of the worst & most over rated bands to come down the pipe in years. So start throwing stones now, I'm ready.
    *throws stones in razorbacker's general direction*

If you think they're over-rated, you can't have heard their early, pre-Out of Time stuff. They pretty much reinvented the American indie rock scene in the early 80's.

Yeah, yeah, I know, different strokes and all that, but I can't help it: whenever someone badmouths R.E.M., I step up on my soap box. But then again, you're talking to the girl who has a gigantic framed poster of Michael Stipe in her living room.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl View Post
    *throws stones in razorbacker's general direction*

If you think they're over-rated, you can't have heard their early, pre-Out of Time stuff. They pretty much reinvented the American indie rock scene in the early 80's.

Yeah, yeah, I know, different strokes and all that, but I can't help it: whenever someone badmouths R.E.M., I step up on my soap box. But then again, you're talking to the girl who has a gigantic framed poster of Michael Stipe in her living room.
    Thanks for not being to tough on me, but I would equate REM in overratedness to a band from way back that I never got either & that would be Mott The Hoople. Maybe I'm just so hopelessly out of touch that I have no idea any more.

Chakos::Linkletter::Epley breezez_air's Avatar
    Dance, Dance- Fall Out Boy
    I don't wanna get fat like you
    Don't even believe in the F Word...FAT
    ...Perhaps you meant PEE AYTCH AY TEE
    Yeah...I did
    - Stacy Ann and Whitney- ANTM 10

MRD
    a band from way back that I never got either & that would be Mott The Hoople. Maybe I'm just so hopelessly out of touch that I have no idea any more.
    I never got them either. and I Too feel hopelessly out of touch as well.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Thanks for not being to tough on me, but I would equate REM in overratedness to a band from way back that I never got either & that would be Mott The Hoople. Maybe I'm just so hopelessly out of touch that I have no idea any more.
    *Qboots hands geek some more stones*
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    *Qboots hands geek some more stones*
    Would those be more REM stones or a new bunch for Mott the Hoople. I have to know where to attribute the bruises.

Would those be more REM stones or a new bunch for Mott the Hoople. I have to know where to attribute the bruises.
    Both, actually.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I was out driving with my dad yesterday when "Born To Run" with Bruce Springsteen came on the radio. Being ever the FORT fiend, I immediately made a mental note to post in this thread a.s.a.p. So yeah, "Born To Run" is another song I can't seem to get tired of. Interestingly enough, I only own one Springsteen album, but whenever I accidentally hear a Springsteen song, I get all giddy. Especially if it's "Born To Run": there's a strange but alluring energy in that song that makes me want to jump into a car and drive out of town, leave all the mundaneness (that's a word, right? I don't want to come across like the FORT version of ANTM6's Jade ) behind and go someplace I've never been before. Which is pretty much the basic sentiment of the song.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl View Post
    I was out driving with my dad yesterday when "Born To Run" with Bruce Springsteen came on the radio. Being ever the FORT fiend, I immediately made a mental note to post in this thread a.s.a.p. So yeah, "Born To Run" is another song I can't seem to get tired of. Interestingly enough, I only own one Springsteen album, but whenever I accidentally hear a Springsteen song, I get all giddy. Especially if it's "Born To Run": there's a strange but alluring energy in that song that makes me want to jump into a car and drive out of town, leave all the mundaneness (that's a word, right? I don't want to come across like the FORT version of ANTM6's Jade ) behind and go someplace I've never been before. Which is pretty much the basic sentiment of the song.
    Well even if we don't see eye to eye on REM, at least I can agree with you on the Boss. One song of his that I don't think gets played enough & that I always enjoy is Tunnel Of Love.

Another song that I don't hear often enough but I like it everytime I do is Blowin Free by Wishbone Ash. Wailing guitars never sounded so good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast