+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What was the FIRST music video you ever saw?

I remember a music video show that showed late at night on Fri and Sat nights that we would record to VHS to watch/listen to later. It was called Night Tracks and I think it was on VH1 or maybe a regular channel like ABC, CBS, or NBC. The first video I remember seeing was the Buggles - Video Killed the Radio Star.

Rick Springfield's 'Jessie's Girl' on a network show called Friday Night Videos. I was hooked from that moment and stayed up to watch every Friday night. The video was a novel concept at that time so I couldn't get enough of it.

I have since named my 5-year-old daughter Jessie. But not because of that video. I don't think.....
    Don't let your stinky cheese in a suitcase become your big fork and spoon. - Marie Romano

Quote Originally Posted by whitecat View Post
    Rick Springfield's 'Jessie's Girl' on a network show called Friday Night Videos. I was hooked from that moment and stayed up to watch every Friday night. The video was a novel concept at that time so I couldn't get enough of it.

I have since named my 5-year-old daughter Jessie. But not because of that video. I don't think.....
    That's right! It was Friday Night Videos. I think Night Trax was on VH1.

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl View Post
    "Sledgehammer" IS a cool video, ClosetNerd. I remember being intrigued by it, too. You and I are part of the generation that remembers when MTV was actually showing music videos. I hardly ever watch MTV these days - I watched it religiously whenever I had access to it in the late 80's-early 90's, though - but when I do, it's always some lame reality show or a commercial for ring tones for your cell. They really should consider changing the name.
    Yep, when I saw this thread, that's the first video that came to my mind. I loved the dancing plucked chicken, and all the fruit swirling around Peter Gabriel's head. I read many years later, it took days to film, and by the end of the shoot, the chicken and fruit stunk to high heaven from the heat of the lights. Why they didn't keep replacing everything with fresh food is beyond me, but I thought it added a fun element to what was already a fabulously creative video.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I'm with "myrosiedog" here on this one...I'm a child of the 70's and a teenager of the 80's....I remember that Rod Stewart one too from in the 70's.....I was very into music as a little girl....I was more into it than most my age...I also remember "Friday Night Videos"......and then of coure in '81 (when I was 13) came MTV...."Video Killed the Radio Star" by the "Buggles was the first one aired.

Premium Member
    I watched the early MTV videos back when Martha Quinn was a VJ. The ones I remember the most are the Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) and Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart.

Oh yes...I loved "Total Eclipse of the Heart"....loved it.

I remember tons of videos from back in the day! lol!

IN JAIL, WONDERING WHERE MY KLONDIKE BAR IS!?...
    The Tubes - Video Killed the Radio Star... My brothers and I sat anxiously in front of the tv for about an hour waiting for MTV to come to life. We stayed up so late enthralled with it all. I believe the 2nd video they played was Eddie Money, Two Tickets to Paradise, at least that's how I remember it...
    "YOU BREATH THE SAME AIR THE BILLIONAIRES DO" Russell Simmons

"We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give." Winston Chruchill

barbie girl - agua

The first time I ever saw a music video was back when they played one in between movies on HBO (or Home Box, as we so affectionately called it back then). The two that stick out in mind, and I'm not sure which one I saw first, was Stevie Nick's "Stand Back" and Julian Lennon's "Much Too Late For Goodbyes". Then MTV came around and every kids life changed forever.
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast