+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Player Do You Use on Your Computer?

What Player Do You Use on Your Computer?

Winamp isn't anything like what it used to be, Musicmatch Jukebox is bloated, and I think the old Sonique is simply gone now. There's something about iTunes that makes me vaguely nauseous.

I can't believe I'd ever catch myself saying this, but lately, I've found myself using Windows Media Player (version 10) more and more often. I don't buy music from MSN Music, and the interface is often unfriendly and non-intuitive, but after using most of the other major players, I find myself returning to WMP.

What about all you music-philes? Any preferences?
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Well, I'm not as computer savvy as alot of other folx but I use on my 'puter either Real Player or Musicmatch Jukebox....I always like to see what other people use and recommend tho....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    Well, I'm not as computer savvy as alot of other folx but I use on my 'puter either Real Player or Musicmatch Jukebox....I always like to see what other people use and recommend tho....
    I used and liked Musicmatch for a very long time. I can certainly see its appeal. But after a while, I grew tired of its non-intuitive updating, and it just seemed to grow more and more bloated. But I still count it among my top three music players...and I have hopes for it, now that it's a Yahoo! product...well, until Google releases a player of their own, of course.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Leo
    Premium Member
    I use iTunes a lot, primarily because I do own an iPod and the iPod+iTunes combination is as good a marriage of software and hardware I've ever seen. The other media player I use is Media Player Classic (http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...kage_id=84358). No DRM and database (so you have to either double-click the file or open it manually), but otherwise it's pretty good and is not bloated at all.

iTunes for me. It's the best.
    Check out my avatar It's Chad Michael Murray!

Itunes here also

At phat's suggestion, I've used Windows Media Player for a while now.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I've used the Windows Media Player for as long as I can remember, because of the little mini-player that integrates into your taskbar. Even if the rest of it sucked (which it doesn't, it's pretty much interchangable with iTunes and the others I've tried), that feature has become so important to me when listening to music that I'd use it anyway.

I use itunes mostly but I am a big fan of windows media player as well.

mostly winamp
    wmp sucks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast