http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20060308/...NlYwN5bmNhdA--

Brad Paisley would like to thank the Academy. The other one.

The Time Well Wasted singer received a leading six nominations for the Academy of Country Music Awards, including nods for Single, Song, and Male Vocalist of the Year.

Nominations were announced early Wednesday morning by Rascal Flatts and Carrie Underwood, both among the most honored artists with four nominations apiece.

The hitmaking duo Brooks & Dunn and Best New Artist Grammy nominee Sugarland each received five nods.

Of course, Paisley did have some help in scoring his half-dozen nominations. Three of the country star's nods are thanks in part to his duet with Dolly Parton on "When I Get Where I'm Going."

The ditty received nominations as Song of the Year, Video of the Year and Vocal Event of the Year.

Though Paisley fared pretty well on his own, too.

The country star earned three individual nominations for Top Male Vocalist, Single of the Year for his song "Alcohol," and Album of the Year for Time Well Wasted.

Brooks & Dunn was nominated for the biggest ACM prize, Entertainer of the Year, as well as Top Vocal Duo, and earned Single, Song and Video of the Year nods for their hit "Believe."

Sugarland, meanwhile, received nominations for its debut album, Twice the Speed of Life, and doubled up on Song and Single of the Year nods for "Baby Girl."

From the looks of things, this year's ceremony is gonna be a little bit country, a little bit rock 'n' roll. Bon Jovi netted its first ever ACM nomination for Vocal Event of the Year, thanks to the group's duet with Sugarland lead singer Jennifer Nettles, "Who Says You Can't Go Home."

Another familiar face making her presence known at the awards this year is American Idol's most recent alum, Carrie Underwood. Simon Cowell's protege earned herself four nominations, including Single and Song of the Year for "Jesus Take the Wheel," which she performed last week on Idol, as well as Top Female Vocalist and Top New Female Vocalist nods.

The 41st Annual Awards are given out May 23 in Las Vegas' MGM Grand Garden Arena and air on live on CBS.

The complete list of nominees:

Album of the Year:

Rascal Flatts, Feels Like Today
Lee Ann Womack, There's More Where That Came From
Brad Paisley, Time Well Wasted
Gary Allan, Tough All Over
Sugarland, Twice The Speed of Life

Entertainer of the Year:

Brooks & Dunn
Kenny Chesney
Toby Keith
Rascal Flatts
Keith Urban

Single Record of the Year:

Brad Paisley, "Alcohol"
Sugarland, "Baby Girl"
Brooks & Dunn, "Believe"
Gary Allan, "Best I Ever Had"
Carrie Underwood, "Jesus Take the Wheel"

Song of the Year:

Sugarland, "Baby Girl"
Brooks & Dunn, "Believe"
Carrie Underwood, "Jesus Take the Wheel"
Rascal Flatts, "Skin"
Brad Paisley & Dolly Parton, "When I Get Where I'm Going"

Top Female Vocalist:

Sara Evans
Martina McBride
Carrie Underwood
Gretchen Wilson
Lee Ann Womack

Top Male Vocalist:

Dierks Bentley
Kenny Chesney
Brad Paisley
George Strait
Keith Urban

Top New Duo or Group:

Big & Rich
Little Big Town
Sugarland

Top New Female Vocalist:

Miranda Lambert
Julie Roberts
Carrie Underwood

Top New Male Vocalist:

Jason Aldean
Billy Currington
Craig Morgan

Top Vocal Duo:

Big & Rich
Brooks & Dunn
Montgomery Gentry
Van Zant
The Warren Brothers

Top Vocal Group:

Alabama
Little Big Town
Lonestar
Rascal Flatts
Sugarland

Video of the Year:

Toby Keith, "As Good As I Once Was"
Brooks & Dunn, "Believe"
Lee Ann Womack, "I May Hate Myself in the Morning"
Miranda Lambert, "Kerosene"

Vocal Event of the Year:

Cowboy Troy and Big & Rich, "I Play Chicken with the Train"
Faith Hill & Tim McGraw, "Like We Never Loved At All"
Jennifer Nettles & Bon Jovi, "Who Says You Can't Go Home"

============================== ============================

It's nice to see both an American Idol winner and a Nashville Star contestant getting nods for awards.