+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drugs arrest for George Michael

Drugs arrest for George Michael

Drugs arrest for George Michael

Singer George Michael has been arrested on suspicion of possessing drugs in London's West End.
    Police arrested the 42-year-old in the early hours of Saturday morning after a call from a member of the public who reported seeing the singer in his car.

It is thought he was held on suspicion of possessing Class C drugs.

Police confirmed that a 42-year-old man had been arrested and that he has been bailed to return to a police station next month.

We were called by a member of the public to a man seen slumped over the steering wheel of a car on the street close to Hyde Park Corner

An ambulance was sent to the scene but the former Wham! star was not taken to hospital.

He was initially arrested on suspicion of being unfit to drive but was de-arrested for that alleged offence after he was examined by a doctor.

"We were called by a member of the public to a man seen slumped over the steering wheel of a car on the street close to Hyde Park Corner," a Metropolitan Police spokesman said.

"A search of the man revealed what was believed to be controlled substances."

Last year, Michael announced that a new film about his life was the start of a retirement from public view.

His life would be a much more "behind the scenes affair", he said, adding that his own genre of music was "dead".

With schoolmate Andrew Ridgley in duo Wham!, Michael had a string of hits in the 1980s with songs including Wake Me Up Before You Go Go, Freedom and I'm Your Man.

His first solo album Faith, released in 1988, sold more than 10 million copies.

He went on to spend much of the early 1990s locked in a legal dispute with Sony which prevented him from recording any new material.

Despite his low points, Michael is one of the UK's most successful artists of all time, selling more than 85 million records worldwide.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4753792.stm

Not that i'm in any way condoning drugs but I felt rather sad reading this.
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

FORT Fogey
    I'm sad, too. I love his music and I think he's a cutie and I hate -- absolutely hate -- drugs because all they do is destroy people's lives.

I hope George Michael gets the help he needs and recovers for good.

Awww...my poor George. I think he needs some AnaB lovin.
    Seriously though, this guy is in need of help. I hope his family helps him get his life together. He is much to talented a musician to give up at his young age. Come on George - "You gotta have FAITH!"

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    I hate -- absolutely hate -- drugs because all they do is destroy people's lives.
    I agree! I hope he gets the help he needs!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

That is awful sad to read. I hope he gets help and can straighten things out.

I've always liked George Michael and his amazing talent. It so sad to see how drugs end up giving successful people attention they don't need or want. I too hope he can get it together and forge ahead with a healthy happy life.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I always liked George Michael too but after his rest stop incident he went downhill for me and now with this, I'm not surprised. I hope he cleans up his act and puts his efforts back into music.

Wonder what the Class C drug was.

He was initially arrested on suspicion of being unfit to drive but was de-arrested for that alleged offence after he was examined by a doctor.
    De-arrested after the doctor looked at him? Then..that tells me that he wasn't under the influence, because..wouldn't they keep him arrested? I dunno, this paragraph confused me. Did they let him drive afterall?

Yes, I too like George Michael..always have. Hope he's alright, or GETS alright.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fogey
    it's too bad. Such a talent. he needs soem real love in his life. He has gone mad somehow

I think only in the UK could they de-arrest somebody & be cool with it. That screams Monty Python. George seems to have a hard time with fame & he has let a lot of fans & family down. I hoe he gets straight soon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast