+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sheryl Crow Has Breast Cancer

FORT Fogey

Sheryl Crow Has Breast Cancer

Geez, I feel just awful for Sheryl Crow, who's definitely having a run of misery in her life right now. I really like her and I'm sure she's going through Hell. I recall she's had bouts of depression, too, so I guess that's why I'm particularly concerned about all this bad news.

Perhaps the mods can merge this to the Lance Armstrong, Sheryl Crow Break Up thread and change the title to something like, SHERYL CROW'S LIFE REALLY STINKS AT THE MOMENT or something more delicate.

Crow Recovering From Breast Cancer Surgery

Read All About It HERE

Feb 25, 7:37 AM (ET)

By PETER PRENGAMAN

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Sheryl Crow says she is recovering from breast cancer surgery and doctors have assured her she should make a full recovery.

Crow had the surgery in Los Angeles on Wednesday and is recovering without complications, her publicist, Dave Tomberlin, told The Associated Press on Friday.

"Her doctors think her prognosis is excellent," said Tomberlin.

In a statement posted on her Web site, Crow called the surgery "minimally invasive" and said she will be undergoing radiation treatment as a precaution. She said she benefited from early detection, and urged other women to have themselves checked.

"I am inspired by the brave women who have faced this battle before me and grateful for the support of family and friends," the 44-year-old rock star said.

Crow's former fiance, cycling champion Lance Armstrong, said in a statement Friday night that he was "devastated" by her illness.

"Once again I'm reminded of just how pervasive this illness is, as it has now touched someone I love deeply," said Armstrong, who is a survivor of testicular cancer.

Crow and Armstrong, 34, announced earlier this month they were splitting up. It would have been the Grammy-winning rocker's first marriage and the second for Armstrong, a seven-time Tour de France cycling champion.

Crow has said her most recent album, the Grammy-nominated "Wildflower," was inspired by their relationship.

On her Web site she urged people with questions about cancer to contact the LIVESTRONG Survivor Care group that Armstrong founded.

"Based on my contact in recent days with Sheryl, her doctor and her family, I am confident that she will have a full and complete recovery and the world will be a better place for it," said Armstrong, who asked that Crow's fans keep her "in your thoughts and prayers."

The singer-songwriter and guitarist was raised in the small town of Kennett, Mo., where she sang in the local choir. A nine-time Grammy winner, she is best known for such hit songs as "Soak Up the Sun" and "All I Want to Do."

After work as a music teacher and backup singer, including a stint with Michael Jackson, she broke through with the 1993 multi-platinum recording "Tuesday Night Music Club."

Poor woman - breast cancer and a break-up at the same time. I hope things look up for her soon.

I was very sorry to hear about this.

She seems a very strong woman, so I'm betting she'll navigate through all this just fine, in the long run.

My prayers are with her.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I was really sad when I found about this. She seems like a remarkably strong woman, though, and from what I've gathered, the prognosis is good, so I'm praying that she'll be 100% healthy in no time.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    I was shocked when I read this...

Bad timing. First a break-up (soon after she appeared in US Weekly talking about wedding details), then this. I hope she makes a full recovery...think pink.

I bet Lance isn't feeling so good about their break up right about now. Its still odd they just got engaged and broke up less than 6 months later.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

She seemed so healthy; she told several magazines she eats right and is very active. It's amazing how anyone can get this terrible disease. My heart goes out to her. I hope she's going to be okay. It's good that she won't be needing chemo.

Finding out you have cancer is a shocker, even if you are a celebrity. Wow. I sure hope she comes out ok and has great support from her family and friends. My cousin had breast cancer with minimal invasive surgery and did not need chemo. She is on meds though. It did return after 7 years but had minimal surgery again. She is ok once again, but watching carefully. It's the best scenario, if there is one, when it's caught early like it sounds in Cheryl's case. Wouldn't it be odd if cancer brought her and Lance back together after all each one has been through?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

My prayers go out to her. If Lance beat cancer why can't she?
    Check out my avatar It's Chad Michael Murray!

What a Trooper! I wish her much success on her tour !
    -----------------------------------

Sheryl Crow ready to tour after breast surgery
    Associated Press

NEW YORK All Sheryl Crow wants to do is hit the road.

The 44-year-old rocker postponed tour dates set for March and April after having successful breast cancer surgery last month. She will perform in Indianapolis on June 12, followed by shows in Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa, Texas, Tennessee, Alabama and Georgia, it was announced Friday.

Jack Ingram will be the opening artist on the June shows.

Crow will play July 4-5 in Orillia, Ont., and July 7-8, with the Dave Matthews Band, at Boston's Fenway Park.

In a statement on her Web site, Crow has called the surgery "minimally invasive" and said she would have radiation treatment as a precaution.

Crow and cycling champion Lance Armstrong announced last month they were splitting up. It would have been her first marriage and the second for Armstrong, a seven-time Tour de France cycling champion.

Her hits include Soak up the Sun and All I Want to Do.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...=Entertainment
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread