+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kurt Cobain's Painful Love Song

Kurt Cobain's Painful Love Song

did any of you guys here this song and/or manage to download it before the lawyers stopped it? i heard it on morning radio in dallas. i really liked it, as i'm a big fan of nirvana, but it was sad and eerie. courtney love is supposed to be releasing the last of kurt's/nirvana's recordings in november or december, i believe.

here's the article from World Entertainment News Network 2002 which i got from http://www.kdge.com/script/headline_...ewsalternative

A song believed to be the musical 'suicide note' of Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain was downloaded by thousands of fans via the internet on Tuesday (Sept. 24), before lawyers intervened to stop it being heard.

The 27-year-old's lyrics of "You Know You're Right" appear to be directed at Hole frontwoman and Cobain's widow Courtney Love, and are the last words he penned before he fatally shot himself in the head in 1994.

Cobain sings, "I will never bother you, I will never promise to, I will never follow you, Never speak a word again, I will crawl away for good. Things have never been so swell, I have never failed to feel pain, pain, pain...Nothing really bothers her, She just wants to love herself."

The song follows the Rio Demo Sessions, which were also leaked a month ago.

I haven't heard the song, but the lyrics are kind of eerie and sad.

I used to be a big Hole/Courtney fan and don't hold her responsible for his suicide, but I do think he's right. All she wants to do is love herself.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

oh no, i'd never blame courtney for his death. they are both pretty tragic in my opinion.

i wish he wouldn't have killed himself. i think he had so much to say.

and i'm still a fan of hole.

Suicide is always awful, no matter the circumstances.
    I have not heard the song. The words are awfully depressing though.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Contrary to what most people think, I believe Kurt died because he had a chronic pain condition in his stomach, which no one could help him with.He even addressed it in his suicide note.
    It was beyond her to help him, especially if she was the self centered type.

Very Very sad.She has done nothing but argue with the other members of Nirvana over everything, also sad.
    My fave recording is the unplugged CD. I think the last songs would be hard to listen to.

he said in an interview that he thought success would bring him happiness... when he attained fame and fortune he found that he still never had lived one happy day.

when a man has lived his childhood as a boy on the streets, a male prostitute, a heroin addict, a junkie... and has grown into a man with the same problems and addictions... i would think it would be very hard to find any sort of happiness. he spent his life searching for happiness and wherever he looked, it eluded him.

great poet.

i would have loved for him to have lived and continued his work. it amazes me and makes me sad at the same time to listen to his music.

Wow, how can we let this magical thread go down to page 5? Have you guys heard the song? It's absolutely phenomenal! Very good IMO
    -phusion :phhht

+ Reply to Thread